OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VII: No Loungin', Bae

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Both of yours are probably more interesting :laugh:. The one I am talking about won a Hobey Baker, has been a PPG Ahler and still has yet to find a permanent spot on an NHL roster...

Aug 3, 2010
One of my old co-workers a couple years back is Lecavalier's cousin. No other personal ties to NHL players though I meet them in person somewhat frequently, but not in the best of circumstances.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Well Miele has had a few cups of coffee in the NHL, and his numbers have been consistently great in the NHL.

I thought his stint with AZ was great, I guess they just felt rolling with veterans was the way to go. Still bothers me, Domi should have made the team too.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
One of my best friends' brother in law is Nick Holden on the avs.

Um, who else.. a guy I work with played in the WHL a few years back but never made it anywhere. (Electrician now haha)

Played pick-up hockey with Mason Raymond when he lived in my hometown, Colbourne was around too, but I am a few years older than him.

Hmm.

A girl I graduated hooked up with Georges Laraque..

My buddys ex has been hanging around Hall/ebs, apparently her friend has had a thing with Gazdic for awhile.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I played hockey against Tyler Bertuzzi(Wings Prospect) and Ryan Kujawinski(Devils prospect) one year. Saw Bill Houlder everyday in the summer a year and half ago. He worked out in the same room as me. Darren Turcotte as well, but he was training people.

I saw Craig Rivet and Sean Donovan playing shinny hockey about 8-10 years ago.

That is all I can think of right now...that might be it actually.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Both of yours are probably more interesting :laugh:. The one I am talking about won a Hobey Baker, has been a PPG Ahler and still has yet to find a permanent spot on an NHL roster...

Andrew MacWilliam has yet to do anything substantial in the NHL and I doubt he'll ever be more than an injury call-up. :laugh:

I know a guy in high school who played hockey with Freddy Sjostrom. Also knew a lot of people who knew Mike Green.

I don't know any NHLers personally though lol

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I played shinny against Getzlaf when he was with the Hitmen :)

Also sat next to Fleury at a couple Hitmen games! Was a really nice genuine guy, to a kid who idolized him as an NHLer.

Also went to high school with Dylan Olsen.

Met Morgan Klimchuk at his high school graduation :laugh:, really nice kid as well.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Andrew MacWilliam has yet to do anything substantial in the NHL and I doubt he'll ever be more than an injury call-up. :laugh:

I know a guy in high school who played hockey with Freddy Sjostrom. Also knew a lot of people who knew Mike Green.

I don't know any NHLers personally though lol

My buddy worked on Mike Greens Aston Martin when he was a mechanic at Bentley down at the Glenmore Auto-mall. That's about it, though re Mike Green.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I played shinny against Getzlaf when he was with the Hitmen :)

Also sat next to Fleury at a couple Hitmen games! Was a really nice genuine guy, to a kid who idolized him as an NHLer.

That's awesome! I remember when I met Conroy during the Heritage Classic weekend, super nice guy. Also met Noodles (Jamie McLennan) after working on the development he was doing in his basement - another really nice guy. I remember that Iginla (when he still played here) was building a house in Crescent overlooking downtown, but got into a lawsuit with the builder and ended up building with someone else in Britannia instead. Could had worked on Iggy's house if the builder and him didn't get into it.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
That's awesome! I remember when I met Conroy during the Heritage Classic weekend, super nice guy. Also met Noodles (Jamie McLennan) after working on the development he was doing in his basement - another really nice guy. I remember that Iginla (when he still played here) was building a house in Crescent overlooking downtown, but got into a lawsuit with the builder and ended up building with someone else in Britannia instead. Could had worked on Iggy's house if the builder and him didn't get into it.

That reminds me of one I forgot :laugh: ! One of my best friends growing up was Iginlas neighbour for a time. We used to play road hockey outside his house all the time. One time he came out and played for about 10 minutes but he was in a suit at the time and clearly needed to be somewhere :laugh:, seems like such a small thing but made me a lifetime fan. Only time I got to meet him sadly.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
That reminds me of one I forgot :laugh: ! One of my best friends growing up was Iginlas neighbour for a time. We used to play road hockey outside his house all the time. One time he came out and played for about 10 minutes but he was in a suit at the time and clearly needed to be somewhere :laugh:, seems like such a small thing but made me a lifetime fan. Only time I got to meet him sadly.

That's amazing. Iginla has always been such a class act. You'd never expect a guy in a suit to hang with some kids playing pick up in the streets, but Iginla would be the one to do that. :handclap:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
When I worked at Best Buy, I met a few Flames since they always came into that store to buy TVs and stuff.

Nolan came in with his daughter and was super cool. Langkow came in to pick up his TV and was SUPER quiet - my coworker asked for an autograph for his son and Langkow gave one but like I said he was super quiet, I couldn't tell if that's how he was or if he was disgruntled about being bothered :laugh:

Kipper also came in to buy a CD once. The entire store was buzzing when it happened and my friend working till looked like she was gonna cry :laugh:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
When I worked at Best Buy, I met a few Flames since they always came into that store to buy TVs and stuff.

Nolan came in with his daughter and was super cool. Langkow came in to pick up his TV and was SUPER quiet - my coworker asked for an autograph for his son and Langkow gave one but like I said he was super quiet, I couldn't tell if that's how he was or if he was disgruntled about being bothered :laugh:

Kipper also came in to buy a CD once. The entire store was buzzing when it happened and my friend working till looked like she was gonna cry :laugh:

What CD was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad