Meek Mill
Childish Gambino
Da Royce 5'9

An alltime vote goes to Eminem but cmon Marshall stop releasing terrible music

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Since I am in school I work PT at Superstore (available for 24 hours a week but they cut hours like crazy since christmas). Since Christmas my hours have been reduced to one shift a week (its killing me financially), which just so happens to be Sunday 1:30-10 or 5-10. For the third year in a row I miss Super Bowl to that shift, also I missed Grey Cup and many other sporting events (ASG a couple weeks ago). Its so annoying to be free all weekend but only work during top sporting events.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Preparing for some hate but (In Order)

Kendrick Lamar
Logic
J Cole

Big Sean
Joey Badass
ASAP Rocky

Machine Gun Kelly
Schoolboy Q
Mac Miller
Meek Mill
Childish Gambino
Da Royce 5'9

An alltime vote goes to Eminem but cmon Marshall stop releasing terrible music
Looks like I am off to a decent start I havecrossed out the ones I already have.

I have to admit I am not a big fan of Royce, I don't mind him with Eminem or in Slaughterhouse, but solo I just don't feel it.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I have a tech question.

I recently was issued an iPad with LTE for "work purposes". I understand that the data they paying for should absolutely be for work purpose but what about when I am on Wi-Fi? Would they have any ability to monitor what I do when I turn data off and on my home network?

I just want to browse redd. it, hfboards and stream hockey here and there but to my understanding there should be no way they'd be able to see what I'm doing unless they see a massive surge in data usage no?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have a tech question.

I recently was issued an iPad with LTE for "work purposes". I understand that the data they paying for should absolutely be for work purpose but what about when I am on Wi-Fi? Would they have any ability to monitor what I do when I turn data off and on my home network?

I just want to browse redd. it, hfboards and stream hockey here and there but to my understanding there should be no way they'd be able to see what I'm doing unless they see a massive surge in data usage no?
They can monitor anything you do on their devices

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
hip-hop heads, I need your help.

I've been on a kick where I am ummmmm acquiring some new music, I have pretty much all the old **** that I like (18k+ songs, all Rap & R&B) but I want to know who the newer artists I should check out are. Some suggestions would be great.

Out of the newish rappers try some of these

-Danny brown (love the xxx tape)
-action bronson (has made a lot of good music lately i like the blue chips tape or any of his stuff with harry fraud)
-Pusha T (yeah hes not "new" but im not sure if you have listened to him much, clipse is one of the greatest duos of all time imo)
-Jay electronica (exhibit C is a great song, waiting for his album tho)
-freddie gibbs and madlib dropped a pretty good album
-kendrick but thats obvious, but maybe you havent heard that whole tde crew
-ASAP rockys live love asap was great
-Big KRIT
-elzhi
-Meek mill
-currensy (saturday night car tunes, and his tape with alchemist recently)
-Lil herb/lil bibby (grimier rap, 4 minutes of hell, welcome to fazoland)
-joey bada$$

May 27, 2012
Earth
Awww yeah! Going to the Flames game in Ottawa on the 8th of March. Time to buy a Flames jersey...but who? Thinking of an Engelland Jersey. :sarcasm:

Banner

Jan 12, 2012
So I noticed that flames fans do this more than any other fans on HF.. And that is, posting in other team' GDT's before or after a game and honestly I find it cringeworthy. Some
of you have to realize that outside of our own fans, nobody cares about the flames enough to make sure that they spelt all the players' names right or that Gaudreau is actually not an egomaniac. I can understand arguing in the main boards but to show up on other teams boards and try to defend your team is really weird.

Aug 3, 2010
So I noticed that flames fans do this more than any other fans on HF.. And that is, posting in other team' GDT's before or after a game and honestly I find it cringeworthy. Some
of you have to realize that outside of our own fans, nobody cares about the flames enough to make sure that they spelt all the players' names right or that Gaudreau is actually not an egomaniac. I can understand arguing in the main boards but to show up on other teams boards and try to defend your team is really weird.
news-flash.jpg

This is a privately-owned site for the public discussion of similar interests, primarily hockey. Posters can post anywhere and discuss anything they like as long as it's within the rules.

This includes GDTs of any sort. It's not a rule that you can't, as long as you don't incite rule-breaking behaviour.

In other words, nobody cares.

I like to post in other team's Around the League threads because it's usually interesting to see how fans of other teams see things. I don't post in GDTs, because they're cesspools of opinion - where thoughtful discussion goes to drowns under the waves of a hundred incessant voices.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I don't know, man. Expecting other posters to post exactly the way you do and taking a trip to a board to let everyone know your expectations is pretty weird, too. Signature nails it on the head. Follow the rules and you can discuss whatever you want, wherever you want. If it was a problem, it would be against site rules. If it isn't against site rules, it's not a problem.

People come into our GDTs from other teams to defend their players, as well. If they make fair points, who are we to say they shouldn't be here? Sometimes it makes you think twice about your opinions of other teams.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I don't know, man. Expecting other posters to post exactly the way you do and taking a trip to a board to let everyone know your expectations is pretty weird, too. Signature nails it on the head. Follow the rules and you can discuss whatever you want, wherever you want. If it was a problem, it would be against site rules. If it isn't against site rules, it's not a problem.

People come into our GDTs from other teams to defend their players, as well. If they make fair points, who are we to say they shouldn't be here? Sometimes it makes you think twice about your opinions of other teams.

Always funny when some one says, "coming in peace". Its an internet forum with the sole aim of discussion, there's no reason an opposing fan should have to say this as long as there not being a dink.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

This post is cringeworthy.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Out of the newish rappers try some of these

-Danny brown (love the xxx tape) I had never heard of him but damn he looks like a crackhead. And in the one video I watched it seriously looked like he was jonesing for a fix in the backseat. But after listening to about 4 songs I like him enough to give him a chance.

-action bronson (has made a lot of good music lately i like the blue chips tape or any of his stuff with harry fraud) I actually like him too, I got some of his stuff a couple weeks ago

-Pusha T (yeah hes not "new" but im not sure if you have listened to him much, clipse is one of the greatest duos of all time imo) I actually really like him and Clipse, have since I first heard them with Grindin and Hot Damn. Unfortunately they blew Pharrell up more than he blew them up

-Jay electronica (exhibit C is a great song, waiting for his album tho) I am really not feeling him at all.

-freddie gibbs and madlib dropped a pretty good album no this I am feeling, especially that track Deeper

-kendrick but thats obvious, but maybe you havent heard that whole tde crew I have his stuff, but I'm not in love with him like most are

-ASAP rockys live love asap was great I gave this a try and I do like what I have heard so far.

-Big KRIT I gave him a chance a while back and liked him, but forgot about him :laugh:

-elzhi he sounded really familiar then I looked him up and realized he was apart of Slum Village :laugh:

-Meek mill I'm finding him really hit and miss so far

-currensy (saturday night car tunes, and his tape with alchemist recently) yeah, I found I did like Curren$y

-Lil herb/lil bibby (grimier rap, 4 minutes of hell, welcome to fazoland) didn't find much but I didn't mind what I heard, they seem really raw still, so I will go back in a few months and see if there is more

-joey bada$$ I loved the video of his posted a few weeks back, he really reminded me of the guys from Duck Down (the one guy from Heltah Skeltah more specifically), so I made sure to find some of his stuff right away
I love that we have youtube these days and I can check people out there before spending money CDs like I used to.

I have put some thoughts in bold......

Banner

Jan 12, 2012
This post is cringeworthy.

Enlighten me.

I'm not saying its wrong to defend your own team to opposing fans' views, but its like when fans of other teams make a CP account and get mad whenever flames fans make fun of their team. Like what did you expect? You're in a place full of fans of a completely different team, don't expect them to know every single little aspect of your team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Enlighten me.

I'm not saying its wrong to defend your own team to opposing fans' views, but its like when fans of other teams make a CP account and get mad whenever flames fans make fun of their team. Like what did you expect? You're in a place full of fans of a completely different team, don't expect them to know every single little aspect of your team.
every teams fans do it. you just notice it more from Flames fans because you are looking for it.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I love that we have youtube these days and I can check people out there before spending money CDs like I used to.

I have put some thoughts in bold......

-I pretty much had the same feeling about danny brown when he first started blowing up, thought he was annoying. But he really has a nice ear for production and has a great personality on the mic, by the end of XXX i was a big fan.

-Jay electronica is hit and miss for a lot of people, a lot of people got him as the next "god mc" a lot of people find him boring.

-yeah elzhi is definitely a vet in the game he just gets no recognition so i threw him in there.

-Herb definitely has got potential, his flow is a bit off on some tracks but when hes on he can really go in.

you listen to any of that old rocafela stuff? Cam'ron and the diplomats, Beanie sigel, freeway etc..

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
-I pretty much had the same feeling about danny brown when he first started blowing up, thought he was annoying. But he really has a nice ear for production and has a great personality on the mic, by the end of XXX i was a big fan.

-Jay electronica is hit and miss for a lot of people, a lot of people got him as the next "god mc" a lot of people find him boring.

-yeah elzhi is definitely a vet in the game he just gets no recognition so i threw him in there.

-Herb definitely has got potential, his flow is a bit off on some tracks but when hes on he can really go in.
I did find him boring, he seems to lack any personality or flair. Same reasons I hated JayZ when he first came out, but the only part of his personality that grew was his ego. And his time in the limelight when he became Mr. Beyonce Knowles :laugh:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
AF, don't bother wasting your time on rappers like Mac Miller, Wiz Khakifa, or YG. Absolute trash.

Stic to rappers like Kendrick, Joey, Schoolboy, Pusha, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad