OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I would think that most couples would consult one another on career moves, whether or not they “had to”? Seems like a good thing to do if you want to stay married :laugh:

Ideally, you keep your spouse in the know, so that when you do get an offer, the benefits are the only thing that need to be weighed. Also, if this isn’t the offering parties first rodeo, aren’t they going to expect you to “mull it over”?

As usual, Lonnie is just trying to cause trouble (the fourth constant in life after death, taxes, and the noise outside being Lonnie peeping through your window).

You say that like you don't leave your blinds up every night...:naughty:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
cute

our boy, who seemed to be rebounding nicely is unfortunately and sadly going to be laid to rest tomorrow, these pets are heartbreakers, we`ve had ours almost 15 years.

Great run, hope we provided for him half as much as he did for us

I'm so sorry. Pets really do become family and it is hard to let go when they die.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I would think that most couples would consult one another on career moves, whether or not they “had to”? Seems like a good thing to do if you want to stay married :laugh:

Ideally, you keep your spouse in the know, so that when you do get an offer, the benefits are the only thing that need to be weighed. Also, if this isn’t the offering parties first rodeo, aren’t they going to expect you to “mull it over”?

As usual, Lonnie is just trying to cause trouble (the fourth constant in life after death, taxes, and the noise outside being Lonnie peeping through your window).

Well, yeah. Obviously I discussed it with my spouse, and he was aware of what was going on with my search and current job and interviews I was going on. Of course there is expectation on both sides that a job offer will be mulled over and not accepted on the spot.

Lonnie's right, "I need to discuss with my spouse" is the standard line given. I'd like to see that shifting more to "I need to take a look at the offer in depth and weigh my options". For both genders.

Reactions: sooshii

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Well, yeah. Obviously I discussed it with my spouse, and he was aware of what was going on with my search and current job and interviews I was going on. Of course there is expectation on both sides that a job offer will be mulled over and not accepted on the spot.

Lonnie's right, "I need to discuss with my spouse" is the standard line given. I'd like to see that shifting more to "I need to take a look at the offer in depth and weigh my options". For both genders.

For me, it’s the other way around. I just say, I need to ask my wife and she will let me know whether or not I want the job...

:laugh:

Reactions: Ladyfan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You must be thinking of Lou? I’m on the 2nd floor with a walkout basement below, so about 30 feet up (designed with you in mind) :laugh:

You say that, yet you continue to leave a ladder leaning against your house every day. Last time Lou was there he recreated that scene from Animal House where Bluto tips over the ladder...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mia and Ellie standing guard against the squirrel apocalypse.

miaandelliesnow day.jpg

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Sooooo, one of the secretaries outside my office just lost her shit on one of the partners she works for. She went on a good 10 minute expletive-filled rant at about 100 decibels, ended with "I hate this effing place", grabbed her coat and left.

Merry Christmas!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Sooooo, one of the secretaries outside my office just lost her **** on one of the partners she works for. She went on a good 10 minute expletive-filled rant at about 100 decibels, ended with "I hate this effing place", grabbed her coat and left.

Merry Christmas!

If she didn't end with Hallelujah, holy shit, where's the Tylenol...

...then was it really even a rant?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Sooooo, one of the secretaries outside my office just lost her **** on one of the partners she works for. She went on a good 10 minute expletive-filled rant at about 100 decibels, ended with "I hate this effing place", grabbed her coat and left.

Merry Christmas!

Just a little holiday stress, no big deal ;)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Merry Christmas!

Wow... I've noticed this holiday season people seem more stressed and miserable than ever.

My boss is always this way because of raises and bonuses but that's amped up this year. Went to the mall and ran into three couples with kids....all arguing fiercely.... A dunkin donuts lady giving me an attitude about actually selecting my donuts instead of allowing her the pleasure to pick whichever stale ones she wants to, coupled with her intentionally giving me coffee instead of tea...Co-workers, all charming as usual, bring in tuna casserole and eating it at their desks since nobody in here besides me likes to exit the building for lunch...

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Wow... I've noticed this holiday season people seem more stressed and miserable than ever.

My boss is always this way because of raises and bonuses but that's amped up this year. Went to the mall and ran into three couples with kids....all arguing fiercely.... A dunkin donuts lady giving me an attitude about actually selecting my donuts instead of allowing her the pleasure to pick whichever stale ones she wants to, coupled with her intentionally giving me coffee instead of tea...Co-workers, all charming as usual, bring in tuna casserole and eating it at their desks since nobody in here besides me likes to exit the building for lunch...

I stopped eating at work after being asked constantly to do this and that when anyone could see I was eating.
Now I just drive down the road and eat in some random parking lot listening to the radio or looking through my phone.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I know the answer and I am screaming at the TV

25189040_10213851236447793_9115537906670536780_o.jpg

I knew that one cold, before the options - thanks, pre-Real Housewives VH1! I screamed too The answer kind of stuck out in retrospect. Two are "ordinary" jobs, and one is a job that you're going usually hate when you have to deal with them. Not sure I could have risked it if I hadn't known...

Maybe I'm a math geek, but this one seemed too easy for 100K - the answer's literally in the question:

If the Earth's 4.54 billion-year history were condensed into a single year, Jesus wouldn't show up until New Year's Eve at approximately what time?
A: One hour before midnight B: 15 minutes before midnight
C: One minute before midnight D: 15 seconds before midnight

Work backwards. If Jesus came 1 minute before midnight, then 2000 years is a minute. From the musical RENT, I know 525,600 minutes are in a year...or, you could do 365*24*60 to go from a years to days to hours to minutes.

So, if 2000 years is a minute, then 2000*525600 years is a year. That's around 1000 * 1 million, or about a billion. So a billion years would condensed into a year. That's not condensed enough - we need to increase it by a factor of four, leading to D, the correct answer.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I stopped eating at work after being asked constantly to do this and that when anyone could see I was eating.
Now I just drive down the road and eat in some random parking lot listening to the radio or looking through my phone.

Welcoome to my lunch break.

I literally will sit in my car in the parking lot instead of at work so people can t bother me.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Meh, there's plenty of glowing reviews out there that I've read already. There's one on CNN that puts it in the category of "Attack of the Clones" which is just flat out preposterous. More and more I've felt like people who review these massive blockbuster movies tend to try and gear them down for clicks/shares instead of actually reviewing the film properly.

I know some of you are into Star Wars and are awaiting the release of the latest installment. I found two reviews one is lukewarm & the other is rather harsh so read at your own risk

Film Review: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’

The Last Jedi Comes Straight from the Star Wars Recycling Bin

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad