OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lonnie saves a step and generally looks at the full package during the interview.

Routine interview questions I have for any company are usually centered around the dress code. Like do I have to wear pants at all times? Are shirts mandatory? Stuff like that.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Of course you don't need to talk to Joe. That's just the excuse as to why you don't accept on the spot. lol

Also, always counter. Never accept the offer as is without at least trying to squeeze more out of them...

I know what you meant. But my excuse is I need time to consider the full package being offered, not that I need to talk to my husband.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I just read a post of yours about the Vikings and connected that to your username.

WBC8 !!

I'm a clueless dolt.

You're not alone, Ron. There are a few people who've changed usernames recently and I literally have no clue if I know them from before or not. :laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Gloooooo-ooooooooo-oooooooo-oooooooo-riaaaaaa....in excelsis deeeeooooo
FB_IMG_1513043298388.jpg

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I tend to be on the side of the world is safer and more transparent before. The news recently has shed light on how much was swept under the rug in the very recent past.

My biggest fears for my kids are them getting hit by or in car accidents. We chose to live in a place where they can walk to everything but that doesn't stop the first issue. Better bike infrastructure will go a long way

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
cute

our boy, who seemed to be rebounding nicely is unfortunately and sadly going to be laid to rest tomorrow, these pets are heartbreakers, we`ve had ours almost 15 years.

Great run, hope we provided for him half as much as he did for us
Awwww. :( So sorry! What kind of dog? 15 years is a good long life, but it's never long enough.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
cute

our boy, who seemed to be rebounding nicely is unfortunately and sadly going to be laid to rest tomorrow, these pets are heartbreakers, we`ve had ours almost 15 years.

So sorry Andrew. Sending a hug. Pets are family .

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
cute

So sorry to hear Andrew. I second the notion that pets are family. Sometimes better family than their human counterparts. Thoughts are with you.

Reactions: Ladyfan

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
cute

Aw, I’m sorry Andrew. I know you did all you could for him.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cute

So sorry Andrew :cry:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thank you to everyone for their support. That gorgeous Beagle in the picture struggled into the early morning to the point we couldn`t allow for it any longer. We took him to the 24 hr Vet and put him out of pain. Scottie tissues are going to make a load of money off our tears.

This one will take alot of time to recover from but we know in our hearts we gave him everything a dog requires and yet.....it was never as much as what he did for us. Again, thank you everyone for their kind words of support and thoughts

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Thank you to everyone for their support. That gorgeous Beagle in the picture struggled into the early morning to the point we couldn`t allow for it any longer. We took him to the 24 hr Vet and put him out of pain. Scottie tissues are going to make a load of money off our tears.

This one will take alot of time to recover from but we know in our hearts we gave him everything a dog requires and yet.....it was never as much as what he did for us. Again, thank you everyone for their kind words of support and thoughts
Sending you warm love, friend. You must be devastated. Holding the space for Mr. Beagle's transition.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I'm so sorry Andrew. The pain is devastating,

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I know what you meant. But my excuse is I need time to consider the full package being offered, not that I need to talk to my husband.

I would think that most couples would consult one another on career moves, whether or not they “had to”? Seems like a good thing to do if you want to stay married :laugh:

Ideally, you keep your spouse in the know, so that when you do get an offer, the benefits are the only thing that need to be weighed. Also, if this isn’t the offering parties first rodeo, aren’t they going to expect you to “mull it over”?

As usual, Lonnie is just trying to cause trouble (the fourth constant in life after death, taxes, and the noise outside being Lonnie peeping through your window).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad