OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This week, on Parking Wars.....

I went out to my car this morning and saw there was a note taped to the "10 Year Resident Reserved Parking" sign for my spot. Being naturally curious and occasionally intelligent, I assumed it was for me so I took it off the sign, got in my car, and started reading.

It began: "wow, you are clearly the most important person ever. (Maybe, still only take one space next time.) Good job."

Me, looking to the left and right of my car and clearly seeing the full lines on both sides: :huh::skeptic:

Oops, there is more to the note: "NO I'm not to important. But due I have family and no side mirror I park this way so I can get out without doing any damage to other car. But thanks though."

Aha, the plot thickens! Note must have been left on a car and the person who received it left the response taped to my sign because they don't know who left it, or they think I did. :dunno:

All the cars currently out there have side mirrors so I'm curious who the parking reprobate is, and who called them out.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I want a coffee frappe from Kelly’s in the worst possible way right now

Reactions: Kovi

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Go-Go's or The Bangles?
Very close call for me, but I'll give the slight edge to The Go-Go's.

They both have about the same number of songs I really like, though my favorite is by The Bangles (If She Knew What She Wants).

But The Go-Go's did more of the songwriting on their biggest songs, so they get the nod.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
There are few things in the world that bring me more joy than watching my son play soccer. He's the smallest kid in the league by far in his first season of U-14 and is already the high scorer in the league. Goalie for the other team tried trash-talking him after making a few saves and my son responded with 4 goals and an assist in the 2nd half as his team won 6-3. The last thing you want to do is trash talk him and piss him off.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
There are few things in the world that bring me more joy than watching my son play soccer. He's the smallest kid in the league by far in his first season of U-14 and is already the high scorer in the league. Goalie for the other team tried trash-talking him after making a few saves and my son responded with 4 goals and an assist in the 2nd half as his team won 6-3. The last thing you want to do is trash talk him and piss him off.

Enjoy it. Mine didn't play soccer, but my niece and nephew do and it's amazing.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Billy Joe Shaver's version. He wrote it:

or if you prefer the Highwaymens version

I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna cross that river
I'm gonna catch tomorrow now
You're gonna wanna hold me
Just like I always told you
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
Nobody here will ever find me
But I always be around
Just like the songs I leave behind me
I'm gonna live forever now

You fathers and you mothers
Be good to one another
Please try to raise your children right
Don't let the darkness take 'em
Don't make 'em feel forsaken
Just lead them safely to the light
When this old world has blown asunder
And all the stars from fall this sky
Remember someone really loves you
We'll live forever you and I

I'm gonna live forever

I'm gonna live forever

I'm gonna live forever

I'm gonna live forever

Dream of angels and sunshine
Rivers of red wine, and orange peel blues
Dream of angels and sunshine
Rivers of red wine, and orange peel blues

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Job hunting is the worst. So full of anxiety. And Kovi can tell you, I'm not a typically anxious person.
Oh hi friend! So I haven't job hunted in 18 years, I knew nothing about Applicant Tracking Systems. The last job I got from a NEWSPAPER AD! :huh:
Recommend a site called jobscan.co (no m). It can help you compare the words in your resume to the keywords requirements in the job posting. All this to get your resume to a human.
I've taken up meditation (my phone wanted that to be *medication!) maybe someone you know could help you with that. Also been going to the pool ~6 days a week so I don't feel like a slug.
Good luck!

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Woo hoo, you show 'em Lil Seidenbergy!!!

Reactions: BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Good luck! I've been doing the same, but doing it while currently employed so it's a bit easier and a lot less stressful.
I'm employed til the end of the week, then my contract is over. Found out that a role I was really excited about in NYC was closed so it's off the table. More searching now. I have a network of recruiters in my line of work that I'll be in touch with over the next few days. I've already talked with some of them. I was really hoping to be able to stay with my current consulting company, but that may not work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad