OT: Off-Topic, again.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
This snow we got down here thankfully should be over with tomorrow. I'm so done with this mess.
Oir36SZg.jpg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I am still alive! We worked from home and it's my busy season so I really didn't go out in it. I did enjoy multiple bowls of snow. Not snow cream, just snow, ha! Always loved it. Glad no home Preds games because I was NOT driving in that.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Made 50% of a heeritage meal. Took a DNA sample and found out that I am the whitest man in the history of the world I made 50% of my heritage meal, which was steak, fries, and a appetizer called Welsh rare bit

Reactions: Adz

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Made 50% of a heeritage meal. Took a DNA sample and found out that I am the whitest man in the history of the world I made 50% of my heritage meal, which was steak, fries, and a appetizer called Welsh rare bit
I'm Welsh, Scotts Irish and Northern France, so no you aren't the whitest man in the history of the world lol

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So can we watch Bally's on Amazon yet?
That Amazon thing just frustrated me. I was hoping for a Vegas/Arizona style OTA channel with Scripps (who owns channel 5 here) but Amazon getting involved kills that and keeps the costs up.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
So can we watch Bally's on Amazon yet?

No. And even when that deal goes through it's highly unlikely that your standard Prime subscription would include the RSNs. Everyone is saying there will be an additional subscription/fee involved.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You can bet if Amazon is involved they are planning to try and make a buck off of it. There is an endgame involved somewhere that involves you paying some kind of fee to watch it.

It's on reason I was hoping the NHL would just work out a larger deal with ESPN+ to start carrying all regional games. At least with it I have other things I use it for to justify it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There are a lot of us in the South that have a Scott’s Irish heritage. I have that in mine as well as Native American.
He isn't in the south, though. NY State!

I thought I had no native American in my history because my aunt had found none when she did genealogy some 40-50 years ago. I always found it strange since that side of the family has very dark hair and olive skin but I took her word for it.

But recently my daughter has been doing some genealogy herself and found out that my mom is 11th great granddaughter of POCAHONTAS (this was through her original native American marriage, not to the white man) It's a straight line! So I am her 12th GGD, which is pretty cool.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
My mom's side has a heavy native American look but when I took mine zero showed up. It's pretty odd.
Jonathon Winters was on vacation and ran into a Native American. Winters told him that he was 1/16 Cherokee. The response was "if you have a nose bleed, you are out of the tribe".

Either it is dilution or maybe that side just has high cheekbones? My gramps did, but he was from Hungary.

Reactions: Adz

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Jonathon Winters was on vacation and ran into a Native American. Winters told him that he was 1/16 Cherokee. The response was "if you have a nose bleed, you are out of the tribe".

Either it is dilution or maybe that side just has high cheekbones? My gramps did, but he was from Hungary.
Dunno even my mom has all the hallmarks of native American background. Skin color, hair, etc. Heck my grandfather and one of his brothers look like they are straight off the reservation, however his sister and his other brother didn't so who knows.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Dunno even my mom has all the hallmarks of native American background. Skin color, hair, etc. Heck my grandfather and one of his brothers look like they are straight off the reservation, however his sister and his other brother didn't so who knows.
My mother's family is like that and my sister and granddaughter have some melanin. My kids and I pretty much glow white in pictures so I guess we take more from the Scotch or Dutch side. If it weren't for freckles I think we'd be translucent.

• Haha
Reactions: PredsV82 and adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I am still alive! We worked from home and it's my busy season so I really didn't go out in it. I did enjoy multiple bowls of snow. Not snow cream, just snow, ha! Always loved it. Glad no home Preds games because I was NOT driving in that.

Plain snow? No caramel or cherries?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I went to Sam's Club and filled up at $2.79. On the way home, I passed a station at $3.19. The spread has become large again.

I filled up last week at $2.93, then a day or two later it went down to $2.71 and I kicked myself. Of course another day or two later and it was at $3.09... and that was in the afternoon after I had read an article about crude prices dropping in the morning.

Luckily I only need to fill up once a month

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I went to Sam's Club and filled up at $2.79. On the way home, I passed a station at $3.19. The spread has become large again.

That's about the spread in Franklin. Filled up at Sam's on Tuesday for around $2.79 and the "regular" gas stations were all around $3.10-$3.19

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
SIAP, I just saw that Sport Seasons has permanently closed. That is sad for us even though we don't even live in Nashville. Hate these kinds of local businesses just going by the wayside. On our trips to Preds games from Birmingham stopping by the store in Franklin was a must. Always had a ton of Bama merchandise despite the location- lol

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
SIAP, I just saw that Sport Seasons has permanently closed. That is sad for us even though we don't even live in Nashville. Hate these kinds of local businesses just going by the wayside. On our trips to Preds games from Birmingham stopping by the store in Franklin was a must. Always had a ton of Bama merchandise despite the location- lol
That might have been the problem. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: triggrman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad