OT: Off-Topic, again.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The price of gas has soared to 3.09 in Milwaukee. I saw a Clark station at 2.89 on Wednesday, when I was driving home. I would say that 2.99 is the average.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The price of gas has soared to 3.09 in Milwaukee. I saw a Clark station at 2.89 on Wednesday, when I was driving home. I would say that 2.99 is the average.
It's $2.72 at "my" station. Who knows what it'll be tomorrow. One day it's $3.09, then it meanders between 2.80 and $3...and then it goes down again. All in a week! I saw it for $2.59 about 3 weeks ago, but that's the lowest I've seen.

And today it's $3.09. I should have stopped yesterday but it was after dark and unless I have someone with me I don't stop at gas stations alone. Oh, well, my safety ONLY cost me $3.00 I guess.

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Getting it closer to done

Well try again

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpeg
    IMG_1249.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
Reactions: Adz and PredsV82

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
So I buy a folding adult tricycle from the factory I figure it’s folding so it should be preassembled and will come in a large box. Nope, nope, so I’m gonna spend my weekend assembling a tricycle and I don’t see any instructions yet.

• Wow
Reactions: Adz

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I know the caffeine hurts me. I know the sugar from it is bad for me, but by God, my Milo’s sweet tea, just hook it up to my veins.

So I buy a folding adult tricycle from the factory I figure it’s folding so it should be preassembled and will come in a large box. Nope, nope, so I’m gonna spend my weekend assembling a tricycle and I don’t see any instructions yet.
Update: found the instructions but my MS flared up and I’m like eh

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I found out, after several decades, that the dairy allergy I had as a baby never actually went away. So I've been learning to like alternative products or do without. Honestly, mostly the latter but I have to have milk in coffee so Califia it is! It's been a challenge but the absence of extreme pain has made it tolerable.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
third time I’ve been to Nashville as a tourist. Love that Broadway downtown area.

Had an Uber driver though tell me that the Predators really made the downtown area thrive and be what it is today. Is that true? Guess it used to be nothing but strip clubs and garbage all around(?) lol

Reactions: Adz and Softball99

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
third time I’ve been to Nashville as a tourist. Love that Broadway downtown area.

Had an Uber driver though tell me that the Predators really made the downtown area thrive and be what it is today. Is that true? Guess it used to be nothing but strip clubs and garbage all around(?) lol
That is true. When my dad taught at Hume Fogg downtown (70's and early 80's) it was strip shows, broken and dusty glass, pawn shops, bums and the odd honkytonk. While there are still bums and honkytonks, it's really a different vibe altogether. It was tired and old and now it's vibrant. Having the arena downtown absolutely helped to transform that area and was part of the master city plan to do just that. A little tidbit of info from a friend who used to work on LB. Every building on LB and partway down the side streets are required to have some neon signage. Definitely makes the street more colorful!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Every building on LB and partway down the side streets are required to have some neon signage. Definitely makes the street more colorful!
That's hilarious considering the stink some people and lawmakers made when Planet Hollywood wanted to put up their globe back in the 90's!

An Instagram account (I think it was NashvilleHistoryX) had a video of a news story about the big controversy, lol.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That's hilarious considering the stink some people and lawmakers made when Planet Hollywood wanted to put up their globe back in the 90's!

An Instagram account (I think it was NashvilleHistoryX) had a video of a news story about the big controversy, lol.
Ha Ha! Those days are long since gone. I get it, they were wanting to keep the old time vibe then and a neon sign was not falling into that mold. But somewhere along the line that mindset changed. Of course, on an elemental basis, "No neon" and "Must have neon" are not that far apart. In both cases it's busy body pols trying to inflict their will on the business owners on Lower Broad.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Back from Disney World and I've got to say, that Mouse really knows how to separate someone from their money!
Yeah there is a guy I watch on Youtube that primarily does things about abandoned structures, businesses, etc but he also has a travel channel and he just did one where he showed pricing for Disney and what it cost them vs what they got. He's always been a big Disney fan, lets just say he is much less of one these days because of price vs value.

He has a video where he rode out a hurricane at Disney.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Yeah there is a guy I watch on Youtube that primarily does things about abandoned structures, businesses, etc but he also has a travel channel and he just did one where he showed pricing for Disney and what it cost them vs what they got. He's always been a big Disney fan, lets just say he is much less of one these days because of price vs value.

He has a video where he rode out a hurricane at Disney.

The "Magic" is there in places, especially for the kids, but given the low quality food and the amount of time you're just standing in line waiting for something, the whole trip is not worth the cost. But I knew that going in.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The "Magic" is there in places, especially for the kids, but given the low quality food and the amount of time you're just standing in line waiting for something, the whole trip is not worth the cost. But I knew that going in.
Yeah I just refuse to go. I didn't go until I was a teenager and frankly would have been fine not going at all. We don't have kids so much better places to spend our money.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Anyone traveling for the eclipse? We got to see the last one from our backyard. Even though we would only have to drive about 45 minutes to see totality this time, it's a school/workday and classes aren't cancelled nor did they close my office so I'll be seeing the 90% eclipse on my lunch break.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00