News Article: Off the Ice -- Team/DC News and Notes

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Detroit is next.

There's probably a logistical reason for the change. I would've expected something even earlier, like 1pm. Maybe they couldn't arrange to have another plane or train any earlier. Also don't know how long a train takes and if that's doable since they play the next day.

Nah, not to Detroit. If they were going to Philly or NYC, yeah, but to Michigan, I'm sure they're gonna fly.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
They always make this stuff out to be worse than it ends up being.
Fear moves merchandise.

Hopefully the Ducks will be long gone before the heavy stuff starts.

Jun 15, 2007

I assume the lone exception is Karlsson for Norris.

That would leave

Holtby for Vezina
Trotz for Adams
Kane for Pearson and Hart
Panarin for Calder
Toews for Selke
Backstrom for Byng?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

I assume the lone exception is Karlsson for Norris.

That would leave

Holtby for Vezina
Trotz for Adams
Kane for Pearson and Hart
Panarin for Calder
Toews for Selke
Backstrom for Byng?

i think it means caps/hawks in finals :)

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
25 of the 27 coaches had Capitals winning the East (coaches can't vote for their own teams so 1 of those 2 votes Tampa got might have been from Trotz).

16 coaches of 27 had Capitals winning the Cup. 7-7 split from coaches that had WSH-CHI final, 9 of 10 votes for Caps over Kings, and 1 coach had Caps over Stars in the finals.

Holtby run-away favourite for the Vezina, 20 of the 27 votes.

Kane run-away favourite for the best player, 22 of 27 votes. Ovechkin had 1, Toews 1 and Benn 3.

Doughty 12 votes as the best D. I guess coaches don't rank Karlsson that highly. He had 5 votes.

Panarin 12 votes for the Calder, Larkin 10.

Trotz 15 votes for the best coach, Gallant 2nd with 5 votes.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
25 of the 27 coaches had Capitals winning the East (coaches can't vote for their own teams so 1 of those 2 votes Tampa got might have been from Trotz).

16 coaches of 27 had Capitals winning the Cup. 7-7 split from coaches that had WSH-CHI final, 9 of 10 votes for Caps over Kings, and 1 coach had Caps over Stars in the finals.

Holtby run-away favourite for the Vezina, 20 of the 27 votes.

Kane run-away favourite for the best player, 22 of 27 votes. Ovechkin had 1, Toews 1 and Benn 3.

Doughty 12 votes as the best D. I guess coaches don't rank Karlsson that highly. He had 5 votes.

Panarin 12 votes for the Calder, Larkin 10.

Trotz 15 votes for the best coach, Gallant 2nd with 5 votes.

how did one coach vote for toews as best player when pretty much all other votes are for kane?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
how did one coach vote for toews as best player when pretty much all other votes are for kane?

Propably because John Tortorella couldn't vote for Brandon Dubinsky since he plays for his own team.

Toews has been propably Hawks 5th best player this season.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Per the Post, the Caps have 71 days to play 35 games.

That is not ideal.
Glad they got off to the start they did. Still have a 9 point lead in the conference...and 15 in the division. Keep rotating goalies and getting guys rest where they can. And get healthy.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
In terms of regular seasons, I don't think there's any way to top the 2nd half of 07-08, but then again I'm probably one of the younger posters here so there is some serious nostalgia factoring in.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tals-season-maybe-sports-fandom-isnt-for-you/

Thoughts on the Mike Wise "enjoy the regular season because it's a great one" article?

We never lose and I still don't think I'm enjoying this as much as I did the rocketship ride in 2008 or the offensive juggernaut year in 2010.

Enjoy it, bro. This team will suck again. You're 99.99% never again going to see a player like Ovechkin play for your favorite team. You're 99.99% never again going to see your favorite team **** on the rest of the league in historic fashion. Remind yourself how ****** the Jagr years were. Enjoy the journey!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Shenanigans.

No way he's "sooo pumped."

Redskins is the plum beat in DC. Especially now that they appear to be emerging from decades of suck. Wonder what the story is.

IIRC he and his wife had a baby. He asked off of the Caps beat because of the travel required. Might be he wanted this change now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad