News Article: Off the Ice -- Team/DC News and Notes

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I'm sure there's some nutters down near the gulf of mexico that throw shrimp on pizza.

http://www.louisianapizzakitchenuptown.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=65

There ya go, Shrimp pizza: shrimp, roma tomatoes, cilantro, jalopenos & mozzarella cheese.

Still better than the neanderthals who use pineapple I'm sure.

That hurts my stomach just thinking about it.

I'm not proud to admit I've eaten the ham and pineapple pizza combo but to my credit have never ordered it for myself. If its the only thing available I may grab a slice and live in shame from then on.

BBQ pizza is pretty much the only worse idea that is currently out there.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am waiting for the NHL to do something to stop his sandwich hits. they are happening enough now that he is doing them on purpose.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Are the diving fines automatic based on the penalty called, or are they reviewed afterwards?

I can't see any way a reasonable person could have reviewed that afterwards and felt it worthy of a fine.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Are the diving fines automatic based on the penalty called, or are they reviewed afterwards?

I can't see any way a reasonable person could have reviewed that afterwards and felt it worthy of a fine.
He should have been warned at least once prior to this by their rules which makes it even worse imo. This system is becoming laughable bad. I was becoming very skeptical when Neuvy got hit with a fine and it's starting to get worse.

I mean there was the whole glove/punch in the face but ya know…

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
trying to amend his game before he really hurts someone. so, yea...witch hunt in progress.

Getting penalized and fined when other players hit him or when he makes legal hits and they get mad. Yup. It's a witch hunt.

I've only seen one hit I thought was illegal recently, and I think it was borderline that he launched himself. Maybe in the Wild game.

Plus, how does fining a guy for diving amend someone's game before they hurt someone??? What does this even mean?

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Getting penalized and fined when other players hit him or when he makes legal hits and they get mad. Yup. It's a witch hunt.

I've only seen one hit I thought was illegal recently, and I think it was borderline that he launched himself. Maybe in the Wild game.

Plus, how does fining a guy for diving amend someone's game before they hurt someone??? What does this even mean?
If this is the plays that warrant fines then why isn't the list of fines more than the 8 it currently is?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
CBIQ-WcW4AE_4Gl.jpg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Goon, its an opportunity to have an overall conversation. Either the NHL talked to him or they talked to Mac and told him to talk to him. I do know that this can be how the NHL works.

They are telling Willy that they are watching him. They are very likely telling him directly or by memo or by BMac that they are concerned with how his game is developing and are directing him to make changes.

The league did this with Ov. Has Willy been suspended yet? if not, the now has a record.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Goon, its an opportunity to have an overall conversation. Either the NHL talked to him or they talked to Mac and told him to talk to him. I do know that this can be how the NHL works.

They are telling Willy that they are watching him. They are very likely telling him directly or by memo or by BMac that they are concerned with how his game is developing and are directing him to make changes.

The league did this with Ov. Has Willy been suspended yet? if not, the now has a record.

This makes no sense. He has plenty of hits that could have been used to send that kind of message. I don't see other players with similar styles getting this kind of fine. It's always for something related to the behavior they're trying to curb. A fine for diving is totally unrelated to what you perceive as dangerous behavior.

I'll tell you what's more likely...other coaches around the league are unable to keep their players from retaliating because Wilson is a top notch trash talker and has the physicality to back it up. And they're complaining to the league. So they're putting him in the box instead of letting his pest behavior pay off. Which means it's open season on Wilson and it is becoming harder for him to draw penalties or defend himself.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
So they're putting him in the box instead of letting his pest behavior pay off. Which means it's open season on Wilson and it is becoming harder for him to draw penalties or defend himself.

the caps seem to score so often with him in the box 4 on 4, that they need another strategy.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
the caps seem to score so often with him in the box 4 on 4, that they need another strategy.

It's not really sustainable strategy when your 20-year old forward is open to all kinds of dirty hits to draw even those 4-on-4 situations. Parise punch, Fraser late hit, Plekanec low hit after the whistle... how many of those before he has concussion or any other long-term injury?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->