OT: Off Season / Summer Thread

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Anyone have any insight at all as to who will be doing the PBP on TSN Jets this season. Has anyone from the media speculated who potential candidates are?

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
Just wondering, I live outside the Jets regional broadcasting area and have relied on NHL Live to get all the games in the past. Since NHL Live is no longer available to Canadians and SportsNet NOW is only carrying 22 Jets games this year (I believe), how are other folks living outside of the broadcast region planning on getting the games for this upcoming season?

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Just wondering, I live outside the Jets regional broadcasting area and have relied on NHL Live to get all the games in the past. Since NHL Live is no longer available to Canadians and SportsNet NOW is only carrying 22 Jets games this year (I believe), how are other folks living outside of the broadcast region planning on getting the games for this upcoming season?
I use Center Ice. Costs me 200$ a season and I get pretty much every game for all teams.

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I might have to subscribe to a cable service for Centre Ice, no "streaming only" option available.

From the oracle that is the InterWeb:
1659538784550.png

You think a smart business plan would be to make your product available to those that want to pay to get at it??

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Haha, Toth. I just had a comical text conversation with him about Maurice. It got a little intense and I think I might actually have caused him to mess up an on-air interview he was doing. I forgot he was still doing a show! :laugh: I remembered and turned the stream on just in time to hear him go "dead-air" for about 20 seconds while his guest was still there..."Jim? Jim are you there?" Then just after he comes back on I get a text response from him...

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I have had a quiet friday at work for the first time in many months. it's 3:42 pm here right now and I'm about to call it a day and work out. happy times!

Reactions: macmaroon

spiny norman

Administrator
Apr 1, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Tonight is the 50th anniversary of Game 1 of the Canada Russia '72 series.

Our History forum has been discussing the series:

Some years ago, I bought the DVD set and will be watching the first game tonight; it looks like all the games are available on YouTube.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Some years ago, I bought the DVD set and will be watching the first game tonight; it looks like all the games are available on YouTube.
8 years old, glued to the set with my dad the entire time. Fabulous memories. The absolute peak of my fandom.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland

Thank you for this. Even though I have never experienced the 70s, I can't stop watching hockey games and docus from that decade. the same applies to the 80s.

Even though I'm from Europe, I have always liked the way Canadians played hockey and therefore have always been a Canada fan. Especially when my local team (EV Zug) started to sign players like Ken Yaremchuk, John Miner, Wes Walz, Paul DiPietro, Bill McDougall or Todd Elik.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Don't know where to post this so I picked this thread - hoping a Wpg area fan can help out.

I'm currently signed up with Bell for Cable service including the package that provides viewing of all Jets games.
I'd like to cut the cable and stick with streaming only -
Can anyone help in confirming how I can watch all Jets game without cable?
Much appreciated -

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Don't know where to post this so I picked this thread - hoping a Wpg area fan can help out.

I'm currently signed up with Bell for Cable service including the package that provides viewing of all Jets games.
Much appreciated -
Pretty sure nhl centre ice is your only option.

Reactions: LowLefty

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB

Much appreciated -
There is another option but I don't think I can talk about that here

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone tried any of the burger week burgers around town? I had the one at the Original Joe's in St. Vital earlier today and it was good, but man it was $20 for the burger alone. I don't think I'll get much of an opportunity to get out and look around this year given the hours I'm working right now. It'd be nice if any of you guys had one you could recommend for me :)

I'm eyeballing this one right now.

Beiken Kiki Burger - Brazen Hall - Le Burger Week 2022

Reactions: UFO

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Anyone tried any of the burger week burgers around town? I had the one at the Original Joe's in St. Vital earlier today and it was good, but man it was $20 for the burger alone. I don't think I'll get much of an opportunity to get out and look around this year given the hours I'm working right now. It'd be nice if any of you guys had one you could recommend for me :)

I love burgers. you had better eat that burger in that link quick, otherwise its gonna eat you :D

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Went out and found a whole bunch of lobster mushrooms today on a spur of the moment decision. Probably about 6 lbs.
Going back tomorrow better prepared.
Found a couple of Boletes but no pipanki yet.

Reactions: macmaroon
Nov 24, 2006

Had that one yesterday. Kind of meh to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad