OT: Off Season / Summer Thread

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Anyone tried any of the burger week burgers around town? I had the one at the Original Joe's in St. Vital earlier today and it was good, but man it was $20 for the burger alone. I don't think I'll get much of an opportunity to get out and look around this year given the hours I'm working right now. It'd be nice if any of you guys had one you could recommend for me :)

I'm eyeballing this one right now.

Beiken Kiki Burger - Brazen Hall - Le Burger Week 2022
Had the Boston Pizza one. Meh, poor execution, pretty dry really and not very dill-y, I would pass on it.

Leopold's in Bridgwater (still think it's missing an e) was much better but a long way for anyone not in the south. It was quite messy and enjoyable, would recommend if you're down that way.

Will hit one up this week downtown for lunch, maybe two. Probably get out to Roblin Grill for theirs but that's more about supporting that restaurant than the burger being great.

Will be passing on the vegan/vegetarian options for philosophical reasons. Will pass on anything that has Doritos in the burger because it really doesn't work.

Went out and found a whole bunch of lobster mushrooms today on a spur of the moment decision. Probably about 6 lbs.
Going back tomorrow better prepared.
Found a couple of Boletes but no pipanki yet.
Lobster mushrooms or chanterelles?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Finally the MLB season is getting interesting! The Jays are heating up at the perfect time.

They're battling for 2 wildcard spots essentially with 3 teams; the Rays, Mariners, and the Orioles (who they're in the middle of a 4 game set with and play 4 more times. They even have an outside chance at catching the Stanks, which seemed impossible earlier this year when they were 40 games over 500.

30 games left to go! Go Jays Go!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Lobster mushrooms or chanterelles?
Looking for Chantrelles...found l 20220905_160809.jpgobster.

Reactions: sipowicz

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Cool. I’ve never come across lobster, only seen pics and they looked similar. Your picture gives me scale and I can now see how you wouldn’t confuse them.
It isn't really a mushroom. It is a poisonous mushroom that is attacked by a parasite and a lobster mushroom is what you get.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I'm taking part in an infamous nhl 22 ps5 couch tournament in my area on october 8th. it goes without saying I will be representing our beloved winnipeg jets. my opponents are anaheim, boston, florida, nashville and tampa.

most peeps will just show up in regular clothes, whereas I will be wearing a jersey and hat. please keep your fingers crossed!

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
My grandparents came from Ukraine so this really cool.
That's awesome. Friends of mine near Dauphin haven taken in two families, one who has given birth here. And my uncle picks up families in Winnipeg and brings them back to Dauphin to live as well. Have heard a lot of interesting stories of the way of life out there. They facetime their husbands who are still there. Really puts things into perspective.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If she was a male that’d make her an Ottoman :sarcasm:

You just need to bind her legs...

Then put her in front of your chair... she will become one...

Didn't you know we all can be what we want to be... even a dog...

What dog are you... ? When you're not going nuts that is... ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad