OT: Off Season / Summer Thread

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
A pic from 2 weeks ago near where I live. Only 1.5 weeks to work, then I'm off to turkey for a week. I always have to wear a hat or shirts of the jets or my local soccer team when I'm abroad at one point.
20220612_140038.jpg

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The Ducks are infamous for supercells...

Once had a river flowing through my tent when I arrived back to my campsite...

Could see it hammering the area as I hiked back 2 to 3 miles downhill from trout fishing in one of the rivers off the East escarpment...

It's it's own little eco system...

Awesome territory... :thumbu:
As I was driving towards it my phone alarmed much like an Amber alert too.
Unnerving to say the least.
Yeah once you drive under it’s like an upside down bowl with rain coming at you diagonal sheets, fortunately the hail was very small at that point
A neat experience in retrospect but scary at the time, I was like why am I driving through this???

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
A pic from 2 weeks ago near where I live. Only 1.5 weeks to work, then I'm off to turkey for a week. I always have to wear a hat or shirts of the jets or my local soccer team when I'm abroad at one point.View attachment 563489
Is it just me, or are other people getting just a little bit tired of seeing "backyard pics" from people who live in much nicer places than Winnipeg? I'm looking at you @Jet @PhilJets et al. :damnpc:

:laugh:

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I haven't played beer pong since my wrist surgery 2.5 years ago. Hope to do it somewhen this summer. Event though I'm in my 30s.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Is it just me, or are other people getting just a little bit tired of seeing "backyard pics" from people who live in much nicer places than Winnipeg? I'm looking at you @Jet @PhilJets et al. :damnpc:

:laugh:
Well I'm sitting here this morning, looking out on the bluffs above the Bristol Channel on the Gower Peninsula. Sipping my coffee. Enjoying my life. But I will spare you the pictures! :DD:DD

Seriously one of my favourite places on Earth and wouldn't mind moving here in 5-10 years. (keep my cottage on LOTW though)

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well I'm sitting here this morning, looking out on the bluffs above the Bristol Channel on the Gower Peninsula. Sipping my coffee. Enjoying my life. But I will spare you the pictures! :DD:DD

Seriously one of my favourite places on Earth and wouldn't mind moving here in 5-10 years. (keep my cottage on LOTW though)
I'll post a pic'...

It's beautiful there... gotta' keep people pissed off... :laugh:

caswell-bay-local-beach.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Where is your cottage at LOTW?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's a brand new pipe dock. built for high water plus a foot. it's now 6" under water. it's fine, but touch to park a boat at during a westerly wind

I built a new boat slip (pipe dock) this winter and it’s 18” under water. My new boat is still sitting at Westhawk Marine. I might get it in August but it’s more likely it doesn’t get launched. Boat traffic on July long was basically non existent

Oh well first world problems.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I have been gone on holiday for almost a week now. Figured something big was about to happen in the meantime Was really excited to get on this board 5 mins ago and what did I read? Nothing really :( Talking about disappointed expectations :(

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Well we've got some 30 degree weather coming again...which means it's time for every host on CJOB to spend a portion of every hour interviewing some "expert" on how to "deal with the heat." lol...

Reactions: hockeyarena

spiny norman

Administrator
Apr 1, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Well we've got some 30 degree weather coming again...which means it's time for every host on CJOB to spend a portion of every hour interviewing some "expert" on how to "deal with the heat." lol...

For several years now, the only times I ever listened to CJOB was when I was in the car and either the Jets or the Bombers were playing.

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad