Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 11th: BJ's like Dickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Ike Davis does not make up losing two top prospects, neither does the 38 year old imo. I don't want him, hopefully what AA said before "if you hear rumours about us, they're not true" or something like that is true, and all these rumours are just ********.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
One thing is for sure the Jays are officially going for it. I don't mean just the playoffs I mean a World Series and not two years down the line or three years down the line. I mean this year!

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Ike Davis does not make up losing two top prospects, neither does the 38 year old imo. I don't want him, hopefully what AA said before "if you hear rumours about us, they're not true" or something like that is true, and all these rumours are just ********.

Top two prospects? Where did you hear Gose was involved?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Travis D'Arnaud, Emilio Bonifacio, Sam Dyson, Adam Lind

for

R.A. Dickey, Ike Davis, Daniel Murphy

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Nothing is confirmed yet, but D'Arnaud is heavily speculated to be involved.

Gose was reported earlier but I think that was more of a JPA + Gose package.

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto

To be fair, Dickey's only real comparable is Niekro, and his age wasn't too important at 38.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org

For the last time, age does not matter. At all.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I've been refreshing this page all day (then again, I do that every hour at work every day). Just thought I'd say thanks to you folks for posting the latest tweets, saves me a lot of trouble :laugh:.

Also, I agree with the word "surreal" watching this story develop!

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
For the last time, age does not matter. At all.

This, this, this, this.

Since 2002 there have really only been 2 "one hit wonder" Cy Young Winners. Eric Gagne and Barry Zito. Every other guy was successful after the win, some for a long time, and some for only a couple.

Dickey's got at LEAST 3 years of quality pitching left.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
For the last time, yes it does.

Other parts of a 38 year old body can break down even if his pitch is easier on his arm. Also Wakfield and Candiotti both started to decline around 38.

This is a great article on if R.A. Dickey can repeat even if he is 38. The results may change your current opinion. It takes into consideration all knuckleball pitchers of the past.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/can-r-a-dickey-repeat/

I can't believe gose is also going, I thought we flipped wallace for this guy and AA coveted quite a bit.

Wallace is pretty much a bust. So it's meh. But I still don't like losing Gose (if he is apart of the trade) because of his control and cost. Same with TDA.

One thing is for sure the Jays are officially going for it. I don't mean just the playoffs I mean a World Series and not two years down the line or three years down the line. I mean this year!

This is a fear. Favourites for the World Series rarely do win the WS.

Dickey has to be the opener.

I disagree, respectfully.

Dickey in the 2 spot or 3 spot really gives the rotation the ability to go power-knuckle-power.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I have been paying attention to this situation in the baseball section too.

Seems alot of fans of other teams hope this goes through.

So they can get TDA out of the division/league................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad