Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 11th: BJ's like Dickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwight K Schrute

Nov 30, 2009
Scranton
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Source: Mets and Blue Jays on the verge of deal that would send R.A. Dickey to Toronto, Travis D'Arnaud to Mets. Teams looking at medicals.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I swear if D'Arnaud......... :rant:

I'm not opposed to it, although I feel d'Arnaud will be a really solid player in the near future. With him being dealt, I'm under the assumption that Dickey is actually interested in signing an extension and there are other quality pieces (Niese, Davis et al) that will fill out the trade.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I will say its going to be

D'Arnaud
Gose
2 Mid level Pitching prospect ala Jenkins

for

Dickey
Davis
Parnell

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Would guess it's Davis. Can't take on Niese unless there was another pitcher going. (6 starters)

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
Everyone should listen to RA on The Dan Patrick show this morning...hard not to like him...

He could reasonably be a powerhouse for the next five years...

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not opposed to it, although I feel d'Arnaud will be a really solid player in the near future. With him being dealt, I'm under the assumption that Dickey is actually interested in signing an extension and there are other quality pieces (Niese, Davis et al) that will fill out the trade.

Exactly this.

I'm willing to give up D'arnaud if we're getting other valuable pieces.

Davis would cross off 1b and lh bat for example.

As could as D'Arnaud COULD be... we'd pick up some very good pieces to go with our core right now.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
It's surreal this is actually happening. There better be another good piece coming and Dickey with extension if we're dealing Dickey.

While this is all great and all, it makes me a little sick JPA is going to be our catcher for the next little while.

Scion

May 25, 2012
I'm not believing it until a more reputable reporter says it.

I thought the same thing about Passan until I digger a little deeper into his track record, the guy is a solid reporter. It's not often then he spews smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad