Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 11th: BJ's like Dickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
The way he states his claim, like everyone is stupid and doesn't know what they're talking about. I'm sure if Syndergaard + TDA are in the deal and we don't get young value added to RAD then he'll cover up his thoughts and try to say how AA came out on top.

Guy went from someone who wouldnt dare say a bad word about TDA two days ago from there's no guarantee he'll pan out. Trading him is a good idea and talking down to anyone who doesn't agree with him. I figured on that basis TDA will be gone.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
But Rogers is a parent company of the channel that owns the rights. So it'd really be like paying themselves no?

No its from ESPN

However, they also will lose all of their revenue sharing money (which was about $30M per year) by 2015, so it all evens out.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The way he states his claim, like everyone is stupid and doesn't know what they're talking about. I'm sure if Syndergaard + TDA are in the deal and we don't get young value added to RAD then he'll cover up his thoughts and try to say how AA came out on top.

Gotta see it from where he's coming from though: 98% of the tweets and calls he's expected to field in his role are people who don't know diddly, so it has to wear on a guy for 158 or so games a year (only gets a couple of games off each season), plus the offseason activity he's seeing this year. Then factor in that people are 8 or 9 times more likely to call or tweet to complain about something, and you get a sense of what he faces. You'd be pretty jaded about regular fans' attitudes and opinions too.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
But Rogers is a parent company of the channel that owns the rights. So it'd really be like paying themselves no?

25M is from the league deal. The Jay have a separate deal with Rogers.

It should also be noted a sucesfull team will mean more viewers and money for sportsnet which means more money for rogers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad