Speculation: OEL Mega Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
How are you going to get your SCF blue line if you don't trade, don't sign a UFA to a big, $$$$stupid contract$$$$ and don't have that monster minute munching D in the pipeline?

If you don't get OEL, you will still have that hole to fix.

Like I said, take a down year . . OEL isn’t the only d man out there and Benning sucks at free agency

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
What I suspected, it wasn't about the money, but the captain making a statement! Changes need to be made.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
A bad offer is a bad offer.

Canucks fans were under the impression this was a Kesler situation and Armstrong would just sell the player for whatever bid he could scrounge up, but that was never the case.
Which is fine.

For that contract and the Canucks cap situation, it was either a shit offer or nothing anyway.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Terrible for Arizona.

The offers were low now, wait till you see the offers when he is over 30 yrs old and still owed 40 mil w. a 2 team trade list.

Proud of Benning for not giving them value for OEL. hes learning

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd love to know what the final offer was. Have to assume that JB wasn't flexible on Demko, Hoglander, Podkolzin. Seems like he really has his eye on the season after next as our window opening. I would have really pushed to get a deal worked out, but good on him for standing his ground.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think all 3 teams come away annoyed with the agent for wasting everyones time.

Agents don't act on something like that without instructions from the client. OEL, quite reasonably, wanted to know whether he was traded or staying by today. Now he knows and he can move forward.

He may be willing to waive again at the trade deadline, or next offseason - he hasn't commented on that. He may even change his mind and offer to waive again tomorrow. Cards are in OEL's hands at this point.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I mean he gave them weeks

It was never realistic to ask for a trade to go through for such a player before FA opens, given all the constraints GMs are looking at. OEL didn't want to leave, he just wanted to flex his control of the situation. It's an indictment on Tocchet.

Reactions: Schemp

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
795.jpeg

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
A bad offer is a bad offer.

Canucks fans were under the impression this was a Kesler situation and Armstrong would just sell the player for whatever bid he could scrounge up, but that was never the case.

That's fine.

The offers were likely underwhelming so its obvious the Canucks and Bruins knew they had the leverage.

The only thing this has accomplished for Arizona is to let their captain know that the only two teams he was interested in a trade to didn't really value him all that much.

I am happy everyone is moving on and we're not adding what would have been the worst contract on our team to a roster that is already laden with cap waste.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
And just watch future trades if they happen where the offers are even worse than what vancouver offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad