Speculation: OEL Mega Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Is it still either Vancouver or Boston, or did one of those teams drop out?

Edmonton, Calgary, and St. Louis are teams who were reported to be interested but not on OEL's list.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
YES we can, Make Arizona great again!

We have Eriksson, the Sutters, Roussel and even Beagle. Please take your pick Arizona as a complement to this deal. It’s in the house.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Is it still either Vancouver or Boston, or did one of those teams drop out?

Edmonton, Calgary, and St. Louis are teams who were reported to be interested but not on OEL's list.

Boston doesn't seem interested.

It's either Vancouver or Arizona at this point.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I am eagerly looking forward to the next vague tweet from a radio reporter that may or may not tell us that things may or may not happen.
"I'm getting the sense that things have stalled out. I don't think there's a deal to be made. It's too complicated"

30 seconds later from the same people

"OEL has definitely played his last game in AZ"

Obviously, both are true

Reactions: RemoAZ

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
"I'm getting the sense that things have stalled out. I don't think there's a deal to be made. It's too complicated"

30 seconds later from the same people

"OEL has definitely played his last game in AZ"

Obviously, both are true

We are not spending enough time talking about the Quantum Mechanics of a possible OEL trade.

Every time each of us hit refresh, we are creating a superposition where OEL is both traded and not traded. Peak Schrödinger's Ekman-Larsson.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My guess

Eriksson
Demko
Juolevi
Beagle
Virtanen
1st
3rd

For

Ekman-Larsson

Vancouver cap out 11.36 with Virtanen needing to be signed. Arizona out 8.25. Cash out for next season Vancouver 5.23M with Virtanen needing to he signed. Arizona 4M. Arizona adds salary and cap but almost fills out the rest of the roster for cheaper than they could in the free agent route. OEL gets Arizona a 1st + 3rd + Virtanen, they get Demko to take Eriksson and Juolevi to take Beagle. Arizona trades Raanta 50% retained for a 2nd next season and Goligoski for picks and they restock their picks and get good young players in Virtanen, Demko and Juolevi who are similar aged to guys like Chychrun, Schmaltz, Dvorak and Crouse.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
My guess

Eriksson
Demko
Juolevi
Beagle
Virtanen
1st
3rd

For

Ekman-Larsson

Vancouver cap out 11.36 with Virtanen needing to be signed. Arizona out 8.25. Cash out for next season Vancouver 5.23M with Virtanen needing to he signed. Arizona 4M. Arizona adds salary and cap but almost fills out the rest of the roster for cheaper than they could in the free agent route. OEL gets Arizona a 1st + 3rd + Virtanen, they get Demko to take Eriksson and Juolevi to take Beagle. Arizona trades Raanta 50% retained for a 2nd next season and Goligoski for picks and they restock their picks and get good young players in Virtanen, Demko and Juolevi who are similar aged to guys like Chychrun, Schmaltz, Dvorak and Crouse.

A bit unnecessarily complicated imo. And I don't think Canuck fans will like it. I'd take Beagle out as he's a pretty redundant piece (easy enough to find a competent 4c in this market) and isn't necessary to make the money work. Demko is probably a non-starter as well, and Arizona might prefer to run Raanta/Hill anyway and deal Kuemper (he should fetch the better package)

Canuck fans probably are 50/50 on including Hoglander, as they're high on him and will need contributors on ELCs but I think his inclusion here would probably get it close to done

So something resembling Virtanen/Eriksson/Juolevi/Hoglander/1st. Maybe take out the 3rd, but I don't think it's worth making a sticking point. However you wanna break that down, I think the inclusion of a couple nice pieces more or less cancels out the inclusion of Eriksson AND constitutes a reasonable package for OEL

Be kind, Arizona fans :sarcasm:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So something resembling Virtanen/Eriksson/Juolevi/Hoglander/1st. Maybe take out the 3rd, but I don't think it's worth making a sticking point. However you wanna break that down, I think the inclusion of a couple nice pieces more or less cancels out the inclusion of Eriksson and constitutes a reasonable package for OEL

Be kind, Arizona fans :sarcasm:

We've had it roughly around there the whole time.

Literally the only thing fans can't agree on is the quality of the prospect. Canucks fans naturally want to defend Pod/Hoglander and Coyotes fans naturally want to ask for that caliber of player.

Mal Reynolds

Sep 28, 2008
It's either cringe or absolutely hysterical. I can't read his mind to figure out which.

I don't think they're serious offers... or at least I hope they're not....

He also doesn't really want OEL I believe

DemampCamp

Mar 3, 2012
VanCity
AnimatedIgnorantAmphibian-small.gif

Mal Reynolds

Sep 28, 2008
We've had it roughly around there the whole time.

Literally the only thing fans can't agree on is the quality of the prospect. Canucks fans naturally want to defend Pod/Hoglander and Coyotes fans naturally want to ask for that caliber of player.

Personally I don't know that I'd do it, but it turns negative c(r)ap into positive and shores up that left side long term.

I also think the OEL contract will age ok, and that he could very well rebound in a more.... healthy.... environment and a different system (no offense)

If I'm Armstrong, I probably don't take less.... failing the much ballyhooed mandate from ownership to clear salary, of which I myself am skeptical

Reactions: CLW and _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't think they're serious offers... or at least I hope they're not....

He also doesn't really want OEL I believe
I wasn't really talking about the quality (or lack thereof) of the proposals

I just meant quoting his own posts and only his own posts from the other thread and leaving them unattributed as "some of the key proposals from the last thread".

It's either unironically cringey or its intentionally amusing, and I don't know which was his intent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad