Speculation: OEL Mega Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Sucks to be stuck with a No. 1 defenceman.

This. . It may be terrible for ownership if they’re trying to cut out money but it’s good for the hockey team. . They weren’t getting full value offers obviously so they said f*** it. . Would have preferred the nucks did the same with Kesler back in the day

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
a disgruntled #1Dman, captain, who knows that the franchise tried to trade him who also happens to hate the coach.

ya great situation

A 1D who didn't want to move. Players hate the coach all the time, which is normal human drama. Obviously Chayka shat the den, which is why we have a new GM to clean up the mess. OEL didn't want to go, fans want Tocchet out [ninjaedit] because he's the other half of the Chayka comedy act. Now the next chapter starts.

So, let's see how good GMBA really is. Not falling for Benning's stupid lowball offer is a good start.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
a disgruntled #1Dman, captain, who knows that the franchise tried to trade him who also happens to hate the coach.

ya great situation
It might be done for now, but I fully expect OEL to be traded at some point in 2021. Coyotes are going to suck and OEL isn't going to be happy losing there anymore. Also the signing bonus situation will change for Coyotes and give them more incentive to trade him in the future.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well someone dodged a bullet. OEL’s contract is so bad that I would only take him on with Keller or someone similar attached. The fact that the ask was a 1st+ is insane.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
A 1D who didn't want to move. Players hate the coach all the time, which is normal human drama. Obviously Chayka shat the den, which is why we have a new GM to clean up the mess. OEL didn't want to go, fans want Tocchet out. Now the next chapter starts.

So, let's see how good GMBA really is. Not falling for Benning's stupid lowball offer is a good start.

It would have been stupid of Benning not to lowball

All 3 GM’s come out of this all right in my opinion. . Nobody overpaid and AZ didn’t take a shite offer . . My only bitch w Benning is not setting his own earlier to deadline to move on from this and focus on other options.

The only losers potentially are AZ ownership if they were desperate to ship out that money ( I suspect they weren’t ) and OEL if this has soured him at all ( he’s a big boy, I’m sure he’ll be fine )

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
It might be done for now, but I fully expect OEL to be traded at some point in 2021. Coyotes are going to suck and OEL isn't going to be happy losing there anymore. Also the signing bonus situation will change for Coyotes and give them more incentive to trade him in the future.

why would offers change though?

buying teams would lost 1 prime year of OEL.

so in theory the offers will be less..

29 yr old OEL vs 30+ yr old OEL.

40 mil + would be left in contract

probably a very small trade list willing to waive

wont be pretty for Arizona. They should have traded him now

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Sucks to be stuck with a No. 1 defenceman.
what sucks is being stuck in a meaningless direction with a big piece that could fast forward a rebuild.

im not trying to be an ass but by the time you get things turned around OEL will be a anchor contract.

In saying that.....you try again later because the deadline and his now tarnished relationship is not a good scenario for everyone involved and i'm sure he will waive to accommodate.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Following next season he is owed close to 16 million in the calendar year. That will be a tough trade to get someone to take. Why would AZ trade him after paying a 5mil bonus?
If you wait another year, he is 31 with 5 [email protected] left, that becomes a real tough trade to make.
Seems like it was now or never and it didn't happen.

Good for both GM's holding firm.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
In all earnestness I wish the Yotes nothing but the best of luck with sorting out their crap coach and I hope OEL silences all the doubters in an excellent season with someone new at the helm

Reactions: Szechwan

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Isnt he due something like just under $20 million over the next two years

The owners of the coyotes have to be furious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad