GDT: OCT 21 - Minnesota @ Calgary - 8:00 PM MT - CBC

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I know Backlund is the golden child among Flames fans, but his offense this year has been extremely underwhelming and pretty much non existent.

Monahan only had 8 points in his first 24 games last season. Look where he finished.

Backlund only had 7 points in his first 19 games last season. Look where he finished.

Not worried. At all

Reactions: Shawnofthedeadz

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Two mistakes defensively in the third and that's all it takes. Really should be winning that game against a decimated Wild team playing their backup.

Does Bennett have a C position only clause in his contract or something?

Reactions: Flameshomer

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
No question in my mind that our best possible lineup involves Jankowski. The way Bennett has played, I'm sure he'd easily supplant him as 3C.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Johnny can be so frustrating with his unsuccessful pass attempts through sticks and skates. Led to one of their goals.

At least we have Jags to watch in After Hours to compensate for this shitty loss

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
It's apparent we need to change the lines. None of our lines really have an identity besides the 3M line being good at penalty kills (whoopdee doo).

Make a slow strong line with Jagr, Monahan and Ferland that can generate down low. Make a faster line with Gaudreau, Backlund/Janko and Lazar.

Ferland, Monahan, Jagr (down low/cycle)
Gaudreau, Backlund, Lazar (north south rush generation)
Tkachuk, Jankowski, Frolik (drive the net)
Versteeg, Bennett, Hathaway (drive the net)

I think that's the best lineup we can make right now. Bennett is quickly proving he's not a top 6 guy.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
No, he is a useless player at this point, I am not changing anything....

I am not the stupid one defending him

Like I said, I haven't been a fan of Bennett at all this season but I'm not gonna let that blind me from the solid game he played tonight.

You should take a calming pill

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Like I said, I haven't been a fan of Bennett at all this season but I'm not gonna let that blind me from the solid game he played tonight.

You should take a calming pill

Yeah you are right, it would do me good just to ignore him. Cant believe we wasted a 4th pick on this idiot.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
I wouldn't call Bennett an idiot. He's just not fast enough to keep up with the play of the top 6 in a Lance Bouma, Josh Jooris slow reaction kind of way. By the time he realizes the play is turning the other way he is already a step behind which is why he always takes penalties or is completely ineffective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad