GDT: Oct. 13th - Senators @ Flames: 7:00pm MT (SN Flames)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Loving that Lazar got to draw in. I said it from last game; he deserves a shot over Ferland on the first line. Gotta get Ferly going here; use him as a wrecking ball; make him remember who he is.

Totally agree. I want to see how Lazar does, and Ferland hasn't done enough to keep playing on the 1st line right now.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yes. These are the 12 forwards I wanted dressed after the Jets game.

I've been advocating Ferland's demotion since then, so I'm happy that we'll get a chance to see it in action.

Unfortunately, I can't watch the game... but I have high hopes.

Whether it's Monahan or Bennett on that top line probably shouldn't matter too much. Gaudreau and Lazar seem to have good chemistry as a pair.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but Brodie hardly ever carries the puck up on the left side despite that being his "position"
I said nothing about carrying the puck up either side. I'm talking about crossing over in the offensive zone to set up one timers

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I can barely believe that Glen seems to be listening to us this year or something... Only thing I would swap is Versteeg and Ferland but that's just personal preference. Very excited to see how these lines do. I bet we will see a bennett-monahan swap at some point during the game too (unless one of them is killing it as is)

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I can barely believe that Glen seems to be listening to us this year or something... Only thing I would swap is Versteeg and Ferland but that's just personal preference. Very excited to see how these lines do. I bet we will see a bennett-monahan swap at some point during the game too (unless one of them is killing it as is)

I mean Monahan is PPG and netted two on Wednesday, including the OT game-winner. I'd call that killing it

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I mean Monahan is PPG and netted two on Wednesday, including the OT game-winner. I'd call that killing it
I mean in game- no doubt monahan has been playing excellently, but they've shown a willingness recently to juggle our lines in game, which i believe is creating mismatches for the opposition defence and contributing to our success.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I thought you'd be used to that reaction by now Skobs :naughty:
giphy.gif

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

He had a great OT but was one of our worst skaters in regulation - even Troy Brouwer outplayed him before OT.

His assist vs LA was also dubious. Didn't seem to touch his stick or skates. Was originally Brodie's clear assist but Toronto changed it for some mild deflection that I am still squinting to find. I don't believe there was a Monahan assist on the play.

Besides that "did he even touch the puck?" assist he has 1 5v5 assist (without Gaudreau even on the ice) and a Powerplay goal.

I am happy he is scoring but he is far from killing it and lines/positions only truly exist at 5 on 5 - Where he has 1 more point than Bennett and has been on the ice for fewer Flames goals than Bennett.

Also if people truly believe he is better than Bennett (lol) then he should be able to carry his own line like Toews.

Last edited:

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
He had a great OT but was one of our worst skaters in regulation - even Troy Brouwer outplayed him before OT.

His assist vs LA was also dubious. Didn't seem to touch his stick or skates. Was originally Brodie's clear assist but Toronto changed it for some mild deflection that I am still squinting to find.

Besides that "did he even touch the puck?" assis the has 1 ES assist (without Gaudreau even on the ice) and a Powerplay goal.

I am happy he is scoring but he is far from killing it and lines/positions only truly exist at 5 on 5. Where he has 1 more point than Bennett and has been on the ice for fewer Flames goals tjan Bennett.

Until bennett can produce at even 50% of Monahan's clip on a consistent basis the underlying stats mean literally nothing dude. Your unexplained dislike for Monahan continues!
Strongly disagree with the brouwer statement especially- I think that you're seeing brouwer not shit the bed as much and confusing it with him playing well.

Edit:
2017-18Calgary FlamesNHL400040
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bennett has a worse stat line than Curtis Lazar right now. I agree he's looked better than this shows but at the end of the day it needs to show up here.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The only change to the lineup I would make is play Bennett on the LW, bench Dusty Audi, and play Janko. That would be my dream, Arnold.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Also if people truly believe he is better than Bennett (lol) then he should be able to carry his own line like Toews.
By that logic shouldn't you be expecting that of Bennett? Unfortunately you're talking about someone who can't carry his own line and in fact has only looked halfway decent with smarter players like Gaudreau or Jagr.

Not saying he won't be there someday, but he isn't today.

Reactions: Method Man

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

If Bennett is truly better than Monahan (lol) then he should be able to carry his own line like Toews.

Your logic is just so strong OKG I had to use it myself.

I will absolutely give you that I didn't think Monahan had a good game outside of OT against the Kings. But Bennett hasn't done a god damn thing to impress me yet this year either.

Reactions: Method Man

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary

Is this real life?

If Bennett is better than Monahan shouldn't he also be able to carry his own line? Shouldn't he score maybe more than 30 points a season? Shouldn't he look at least as good as Sean does when put with Gaudreau?

Bennett hasn't done anything this year. He's playing like an energy role player again. I wonder how long it'll take for people to forget about his draft status and come to terms with him not being a scorer. Of course this can change, it just hasn't yet so claiming he's better than Monahan is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad