GDT: Oct. 13th - Senators @ Flames: 7:00pm MT (SN Flames)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
296233d.png

FLAMES PROJECTED LINES
based on last game

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - Bennett - Jagr
Glass - Stajan - Brouwer

Giordano - Hamilton
Brodie - Hamonic
Bartkowski - Stone

Smith

SENATORS PROJECTED LINES
based on last game

Ryan - Brassard - Stone
Formenton - Thompson - Burrows
Smith - Turris - Dzingel
Pyatt - Brown - Pageau

Phaneuf - Wideman
Borowiecki - Chabot
Claesson - Ceci

Anderson

giphy.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
On the subject of Jagr, I don't think Treliving would've bothered signing him if there was the possibility he might leave after 10 games

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
First game of the regular season for me.

Hoping the Flames can keep it going and maybe cut down the shots against a bit.

I'm calling a Gaudreau hat trick today.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Hopefully Gulutzan manages to tighten things up defensively without sacrifice the offense

Oh, and would be nice to see Lazar draw in against his old team. An extra, extra spark.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hopefully Gulutzan manages to tighten things up defensively without sacrifice the offense

Oh, and would be nice to see Lazar draw in against his old team. An extra, extra spark.

I don't think anything needs to be tightened up defensively. I think if we're better with the puck, being more responsible with passes and supporting each other, the shot differential will improve. Defensively, we've been a lot better than the start of last year and the year before. It's not breakaway after breakaway and odd-man rush after odd-man rush.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Lol two of my favourite Canadian teams that I want opposite spectrums for (Sens I want Fallen for Dahlin, and Flames I want to win the cup) playing against each other.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Our biggest issue defensively is that we let teams gain the zone far too easily against us just like last year. Getzlaf and Kopitar were able to stroll past our blueline with minimal pressure multiple times, whereas our transition game and zone entries have been terrible so far. Both of these things have to tighten up fast as teams will eventually adapt to the new way rules are enforced, and we won't spend as much time on the PP during games

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Love those lines, add Jankowski for a group of 13 and replace Bartowski with a name I don't think is with the organization right now and this is a Stanley Cup contender.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Maybe a typo, but this isn't too surprising. Brodie naturally shifts to the right side when he's on the ice and GG has probably noticed that
I've actually been noticing that with all 3 of our pairings, especially in the offensive zone

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
reporters are more concerned with getting the lines/pairs correct than getting the positions right

Just seems weird that every other line and pair would be correct. But it's probably a typo. Not like Brodie has been having trouble getting going.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
On the subject of Jagr, I don't think Treliving would've bothered signing him if there was the possibility he might leave after 10 games
I could see it happening. The alternative is simply signing no one (or Iggy, who is currently not as good as Jagr, unfortunately), so I don't think Jagr leaving would be a real "risk" to the team.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I've actually been noticing that with all 3 of our pairings, especially in the offensive zone
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but Brodie hardly ever carries the puck up on the left side despite that being his "position"

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Friend got tickets tonight so I'll be going, get to see Jagr live. :D

Flames should win, Ottawa sucks and missing Karlsson (who I'd have liked to see). Hoping for big things from the Bennett line.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Loving that Lazar got to draw in. I said it from last game; he deserves a shot over Ferland on the first line. Gotta get Ferly going here; use him as a wrecking ball; make him remember who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad