GDT: Oct. 13th - Senators @ Flames: 7:00pm MT (SN Flames)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Can't believe there's still some Flames fans who don't like Gulutzan. It's like they don't realize just how much we improved under one single season from him after being led by an out of touch couch for the previous 4 years.

He's leading us down the right path and the numbers back it up. Not the start we were hoping for, but as we saw towards the end of last season, we have a fantastic team that got much better in the offseason.

Gulutzan is the best coach we've had in a while

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Can't believe there's still some Flames fans who don't like Gulutzan. It's like they don't realize just how much we improved under one single season from him after being led by an out of touch couch for the previous 4 years.

He's leading us down the right path and the numbers back it up. Not the start we were hoping for, but as we saw towards the end of last season, we have a fantastic team that got much better in the offseason.

Gulutzan is the best coach we've had in a while

I am not a fan of Gulutzan as he seems to be at best an OK coach. I don't hate him and now that he is in the job I don't think we should fire him but I don't think it was a very good hire and there are certain a lot of better coaches out there.

I think he finished somewhere around 22-25 in the HF NHL coach rankings and that seems about right.

He is definitely a big upgrade on Hartley but that isn't saying much as a plant would have been an upgrade over Hartley.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Glad I missed this one... I saw the highlights but how was Smith overall? He seemed to be scored on after extended periods of not receiving shots (for the first two anyway) which was something we were talking about in past threads. Was it a collective team collapse?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Glad I missed this one... I saw the highlights but how was Smith overall? He seemed to be scored on after extended periods of not receiving shots (for the first two anyway) which was something we were talking about in past threads. Was it a collective team collapse?

I think he was just OK.

The team in front of him was certainly the bigger problem and I am not sure any of the goals were his fault but he also didn't come up with any big saves either.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
So far this season and over their careers Monahan>Bennett. Highly doubt you could reasonably argue otherwise. Bennett's "creativity" usually involves him trying to dance several defenders on his own and turning it over.

Time to solve the first line problem and the Bennett problem all in one:

Bennett-monahan-gaudreau
Tkachuk-backlund-frolik
Ferland-janko-jagr
Versteeg-Stajan-Brouwer

With Tkachuk-Bennett swapping occasionally

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
maMEX.gif

Reactions: Lazar Beams

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Tonight's game should show us what sort of team we're dealing this year. Hoping for a bounceback like the Winnipeg game, and for Lack to prove he belongs in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad