Observations XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Ship Eeli and PK for something good... oh and throw in Turris.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
What's up with Avs home games starting at 8PM local time? Pretty sure I'd rebel if that became a trend here.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
scoring by line first 14 games;

1st- 20
2nd- 8
3rd- 6
4th- 4
d-men- 9

that's a full year and goals per person pace of;
1st- 117 (39 per player)
2nd- 47 (16 per player)
3rd- 33 (11 per player)
4th- 23 (7 per player)
d-men 53 (9 per player)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
What's up with Avs home games starting at 8PM local time? Pretty sure I'd rebel if that became a trend here.
They have that happen a pretty decent amount of the time. It's almost as stupid as the NBA sometimes having 8:30 local time starts for TV reasons.......... in the regular season!!

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
scoring by line first 14 games;

1st- 20
2nd- 8
3rd- 6
4th- 4
d-men- 9

that's a full year and goals per person pace of;
1st- 117 (39 per player)
2nd- 47 (16 per player)
3rd- 33 (11 per player)
4th- 23 (7 per player)
d-men 53 (9 per player)
I think 1st line is going to cool off on those numbers but I'd hope the 2-4 goes up

Reactions: Pred303

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Is Watson expected to play next week? His suspension ends on the 15th. I wonder if he's in game shape.
He's been practicing with the team and he made the trip, so chances are pretty good he plays at some point on this trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Some of you on here might be nicer than me, but I have absolutely no sympathy for Avs fans that are bitching about the offside goals. I mean, it was Matt Duchene's absurd offside goal against the preds that lead to offside being reviewable.

And really, complaining about if they need to zoom in and slow it down to see if a blade is on the ice then how is it conclusive? Really? Like we didn't have a freaking Stanley Cup Final game impacted by that.

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Hartman to the 2nd line permanently please. I've seen enough, he's better than Fiala. I think if we actually kept Hartman with the same line mates he'll produce. Fiala always looks incredibly awkward with the puck on his stick, he always looks like he's in a battle with himself to not lose it, and most of the time he does. I'm incredibly down on him so far and not sure what his deal is.

I think a line of Hartman, Turris, and Smith could produce at a high level if given time together. I guess that pulls Fiala down to the 3rd line with Bonino and Sissons. Not sure how I'll like that once Watson gets back because of how that line seems to click.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Hartman to the 2nd line permanently please. I've seen enough, he's better than Fiala. I think if we actually kept Hartman with the same line mates he'll produce. Fiala always looks incredibly awkward with the puck on his stick, he always looks like he's in a battle with himself to not lose it, and most of the time he does. I'm incredibly down on him so far and not sure what his deal is.

I think a line of Hartman, Turris, and Smith could produce at a high level if given time together. I guess that pulls Fiala down to the 3rd line with Bonino and Sissons. Not sure how I'll like that once Watson gets back because of how that line seems to click.

I think Jarny has been good in the 2nd line and Hartman & Fiala duo showed chemistry in the couple of games they were together. Bonino has usually been the anchor offensively in that line, and I'd give Sissons a shot in the 3rd line, bumping Bonino to the 4th. So, assuming everyone is healthy and good to go:

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Jarnkrok - Turris - Smith
Fiala - Sissons - Hartman
Rinaldo - Bonino - Watson

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Getting a delay of game penalty for unsuccessful challenge is a step in the right direction. You can no longer just challenge and get a longer timeout or controversial calls from "just trying" without the chance to be penalized. Case Duchene alone makes me like the possibility. What I don't like is zooming in and counting pixels between blue line and skate for example.

If it's 50/50 by war room, initial call stands. Certain time limit could possibly work there. A time that allows you to look at it from all angles and if you still can't say for sure, then go by the initial call.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
it's the linesman job. if they miss it they miss it. i think the entire challenge on offsides should be scraped.
I don't know. It definitely sucks to lose a goal to a few inches of ice but a rule is a rule. It's a gamble to challenge offsides due to the penalty associated with a failed challenge. It was much worse 2 years ago when there was no threat of the goal counting and sending your team to the PK like there is now.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I would be ok with scrapping the rule as well. The thing I hate most about it is that on just about every Preds goal, my first reaction, at least in the back of my head is "I hope we weren't offsides". I almost am conditioned to delay celebrating and being happy about the goal.

I especially hate it when play continues for minutes after the offsides and the puck even leaves the offensive zone before the disallowed goal is scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad