Status
Not open for further replies.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
verified.

Chicago was 10th exactly.

If the Preds up the scoring to top 5, I wonder who would be the last to accomplish that? Finishing in the top 5 in the league while being led by a rookie.

I dont know, but I would start here:

http://www.hockeycentral.co.uk/nhl/records/Goal-Scoring-Rook.php

edit-Just checked the Selannes, Lindros, Lemiux, and a few others. I think you will have t go bck to when there weren't man teams to get it. Heck, you may have to go back to O6 era

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Watch out folks, Jones is turning into a stud right before our eyes. Played the entire 5 on 3 on D, then stayed out there for more of the 5 on 4. That's some sick you know what.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Pretty impressive game overall. One of those you had the feeling, were they refused to lose. Rinne with number 32 in an impressive way. The PP has turned and has become lethal. And for those who earlier in the year downplayed the PP last night showed the importance.

Weber welcomed Tyler Myers to the West with a clunk off the knee, hope the guy is not hut too bad but looks like he will miss some time after watching the replays a couple times. Give props Big Buff also he had the second best bomb of the night. Josi has quietly passed Weber in points for a defenseman which is particularly satisfying to me. Jos has been my favorite Pred for a while and I knew he would catch Weber but I did not expect it this year. Weber may well win out in the end between the two this year but at 24 Josi is killing it. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where Shea was at 24 and this is a great thing for he team.

At 80 points in 55 games its hard not to be impressed, and while some at the first of the year predicted a good season I do not think anyone could have seen this coming. The team is on pace for 119 points something that only elite teams do. And to have this done without any help from a 3rd line is pretty amazing.

Also mind blowing Rinne misses 8 games and still has a chance to re-write hockey history and win 50 games... If Poile adds a couple pieces and we can get Ellis and Ekholm back I like Rinnes chances to approach 50 and bring the first big award to the team.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Nice to get a win against a highly motivated opponent. If you read their GDT, it was all Pekka. Granted Pekka played a huge role but that 5 on 3 kill was awesome. Guys blocking shots all over. Plus, we got pinned in our own end for 2+ min in the second and escaped that somehow.

That being said, the Jets will be a tough out if we draw them in the POs. We were very sloppy with the puck for stretches. And Bartley/Bietto(?) pair was downright scary to watch. And while I don't agree with Byrrdog often, Smith is a hot mess right now. He has been terrible with turnovers and missed shots.

We need Ekholm and Ellis back soon.

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
It doesn't look like Cullen has anything left in the tank. I felt like he's always been known for his creativity, but I don't think he has the legs to execute what his mind wants him to.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
What's up with Cullen and the turnovers? He had 2 more bad ones last night. You expect more from a veteran player.

come on man, thats like asking whats up with me not remembering where I left my car keys... the calendar pages turnover and so does the puck...

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
No analysis from Steve yet?

Like starting the day without oatmeal and coffee.

It's just not right.

Lol sorry fossil. Spent the night here and stayed out too late.

Man what a frigging team. A team with heart and drive and desire. And that nebulous hard to define thing we call chemistry. Just a few quick thoughts even though my head is fuzzy:

..Rinne. The guy is a frigging monster. 4 spectacular saves. 4. Hell maybe more. At times be just picks us up and wills us to victory.
..the pp. It, the defense, and Rinne are carrying us. Last night not only did we score three but we looked and were so frigging dangerous.
..like Byrd said, this is why you need special team strength, when you can't buy a goal even strength. And right now, we cannt. A little worrisome, but Wilson coming back should help. I hope.
..frigging forsberg. And frigging Neal. And frigging weber. What shots from our three best shooters.
..Bartley being exposed being asked to play too many minutes and too large a role. Bileto. The game is way too fast for him right now. Man we need Ellis and eckholm back now. Badly.
..jones meanwhile with his best hockey. Blossoming with larger role. Bodes very well for when we get healthy.
..the 5 on 3 was awe inspiring. Loved the crowd support. Gave a person goose bumps to be a part of it. Even old cynical hockey guys like me.
..everyone else seems to keep winning. But so do we. Teams have to be thinking, crap Nashville simply won't lose.
..Wilson looked recovered. Was robbed early.

A gritty hard nosed, never say die win. For a gritty hard nosed never say die group of overachievers. We simply don't have enough talent to be this good. Good yes, but not this good. No, there's something deeper at work here.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Lol sorry fossil. Spent the night here and stayed out too late.

Man what a frigging team. A team with heart and drive and desire. And that nebulous hard to define thing we call chemistry. Just a few quick thoughts even though my head is fuzzy:

..Rinne. The guy is a frigging monster. 4 spectacular saves. 4. Hell maybe more. At times be just picks us up and wills us to victory.
..the pp. It, the defense, and Rinne are carrying us. Last night not only did we score three but we looked and were so frigging dangerous.
..like Byrd said, this is why you need special team strength, when you can't buy a goal even strength. And right now, we cannt. A little worrisome, but Wilson coming back should help. I hope.
..frigging forsberg. And frigging Neal. And frigging weber. What shots from our three best shooters.
..Bartley being exposed being asked to play too many minutes and too large a role. Bileto. The game is way too fast for him right now. Man we need Ellis and eckholm back now. Badly.
..jones meanwhile with his best hockey. Blossoming with larger role. Bodes very well for when we get healthy.
..the 5 on 3 was awe inspiring. Loved the crowd support. Gave a person goose bumps to be a part of it. Even old cynical hockey guys like me.
..everyone else seems to keep winning. But so do we. Teams have to be thinking, crap Nashville simy won't lose.
..Wilson looked recovered. Was robbed early.

A gritty hard nosed, never say die win. For a gritty hard nosed never say die group of overachievers. We simply don't have enough talent to be this good. Good yes, but not this good. No, there's something deeper at work here.
I'll say. Him blowing up Stuart in the 3rd was fantastic.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Posted something about this in the game thread, but did a little more research and thought I would put it here-

We have a unbelievable home record, but it is pretty interesting how close the games have been at home.

23 wins:
19- 1 goal wins
1- 2 goal wins
2- 3 goal wins
1- 4 goal wins

As has been discussed a bunch on here, we are just terrible at scoring empty net goals- by my quick math, we have had 15 times at home where the other team pulled their goalie at the end of the game- unless my research is off, we have scored an empty net goal only 1 time in those 15 chances. (And in two of them, we allowed the tying goal in the final minute- Florida and Colorado). Is sure feels like there have been more than 2, but I guess most have happened on the road.

Also, despite a MUCH better record at home, the goal differential is almost identical:

Home goal differential: 76/57 +19
Road goal differential: 86/69 +17

We have 9 road wins by multiple goals vs. the 4 at home

Again, this is all for home games only, not road.

I don’t know if anyone is interested in stuff like this but I love digging into numbers, stats, and trends

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

With a healthy Rinne (knock on all the wood), I have a feeling that I haven't had since that fateful trip to Arizona. That this team can actually compete for it all come playoff time. Feels kind of nice actually.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
What was so awesome about that hit was Stuart was actually the one trying to initiate the hit- and Wilson just dropped him like it was nothing.......

Same with the hit on Fisher at center ice. Fisher continued on to the offensive zone and got a shot on goal. The Peg player skated off the ice hunched over.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
10991170_10153084318457558_1268575099221580424_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad