Observations III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I'm glad Cooper could get a shot in at the Preds fan base on his Puck Daddy blog entry

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-suter-made-the-right-decision-200725771.html

But those words sort of sparked a groundswell from a lot of Nashville fans ripping Suter for his decision to go to the Wild and perceived insincerity for his family reasoning.

After all some strangely thought Nashville wasn’t really far from Madison, even though it is actually much further than St. Paul.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
cooper was a joke as a beat writer here, and he's still a hack now. no one is 'mad' at suter for wanting to be close to home. we are mad at suter for being a liar, selling Nashville down the river at the all star game interview and not being man enough to tell the truth and let poile know he wasn't going to sign here until after we had bent over backwards and made moves we wouldn't have if he had simply been a man and said what he was going to do. in other words, simply be up front.

screw suter. screw MIN.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
cooper was a joke as a beat writer here, and he's still a hack now. no one is 'mad' at suter for wanting to be close to home. we are mad at suter for being a liar, selling Nashville down the river at the all star game interview and not being man enough to tell the truth and let poile know he wasn't going to sign here until after we had bent over backwards and made moves we wouldn't have if he had simply been a man and said what he was going to do. in other words, simply be up front.

screw suter. screw MIN.

This. Suter could have simply walked into Poile's office and said, "David, I really appreciate everything you've done for me. I wish I could stay, but I'm concerned about my Dad's health. I want you to trade me to the Wild and that's the only deal I'll accept." But he didn't do that because it would have depleted the Wild's resources. He wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007

screw suter. screw MIN.

yes, simply don't be a liar.

cooper also felt "entitled"......

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I mean absolutely zero disrespect by this, but didn't Suter's dad die suddenly of a heart attack? Maybe he was already sick, I don't know, but the point is it feels like Cooper is just using this coincidence to drive home his Preds hate. I know Parise had cancer, so I wonder if that was a condition when Zach signed there. Either way, it wouldn't feel like a weird article if Cooper didn't write it.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I was reading it and got to the part about how we were upset about it because they wanted to be closer to family and thought, "OK just another misinformed Puck Daddy article. Nothing to see here."

Then, I saw Cooper wrote it, and... yeah. It made sense.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Suter's dad was a hockey player who owned/operated his own rink in Middleton. No one knew he was going to have a heart attack or anything, so that's not any sort of reasoning.

Ryan just wanted to go to a team closer to home. And the Hawks weren't an option (probably because of how $Wirtz treated uncle Gary).

That doesn't excuse how he went about it, though.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I have never seen as many goals waived off or reviewed and then counted that have went against the Predators. It has been absolutely crazy this year.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
one really does begin to wonder if it is a reputation thing against this franchise, or maybe just pro- the others. Or maybe I should take off the tinfoil hat. IDK, whatever, but it is getting old-- just glad it did not cost 2 points in the standings, but it did cost 1 tonight.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
alwaysbeweber.jpg

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
It was a victory, but if Ellis is out for as long as I fear he could be, it was a costly Phyrric victory at best. a few thoughts afterwards anyway;

..in our last 5 games, our defensemen have scored 2 of our goals. 2 of the 3 in each of the last three games, so 6 of our last 9, and 11 of our last 17 goals have been scored by d-men. we need our forwards to pick their offensive game back up, quickly.
..we played well in the first. it went downhill rapidly from the moment that puck snuck under rinne's arm.
..we were sloppy with passes, in both zones. we blew coverages, we gave up a near unforgiveable goal with under 2 seconds. and yet we found a way to win anyway.

..thank you salamaki. what a great night for the new kid. more impressed by the way he threw his body around out there than that big goal. wasn't intimidated at all, which most first game youngsters are. almost sad to say he might well have been our best forward tonight with the goal and 7 hits and more shots than anyone but weber and josi.
..Wilson with another great effort all night.
..still can't get over what we were doing on that goal allowed. we were totally out of position everywhere, josi off for a skate, gaustad in between open men, bourque not helping back. so unlike us, and it really wasn't a scramble play really.
..and honestly, that first one might well be the worst positionaly fault goal rinne has allowed all year. he ALWAYS closes on the post. he was far enough off of it that the post actually interfered with him closing the gap. very un-rinne like..

..weber's two goals. lol. both defied odds and especially lehtonen. he actually knocked that last one back over his shoulder and in.
..strange call on Forsberg no goal. the ref that pointed the goal good was pointing and screaming at the dallas guy that he cross checked smith into lehtonen so that's why the goal was good.... and then goes into the huddle with the other ref and chicken****s out of standing up to what he called and said. gutless on his part. if he would have waived it off immediately I would have lived with that.

and despite it all, the deflating first goal, the horrible tieing goal, the psychological letdown of watching ellis hurt, not much from our forwards, the crushing waive off of the Forsberg winner... and still go out and find a way to win. an ugly, sloppy, grinding, but a gut check victory.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
OUCH. Knee went one way, skate blade went the other. :(

That's a torn MCL/ACL if I've ever saw one. : (

Wait which leg am I looking at the one underneath him looks to buckle.

Last edited:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
first thoughts this morning if ellis is out for long;

..this might potentially change what we do at trade deadline. which might also prevent us from getting the forward we want
..we could much more have afforded to lose one of our left side d-men, as long as that wasn't josi
..can jones step up and play true second pair minutes against better competition? just not sure yet.
..can bartley play the right side effectively enough on the third pair?
..not as easy as it sounds, because with a bartley-volchenkov pair, we wouldn't have a good puck mover.
...now we probably get to see eckholm on the pp with jones.
..as much as we've depending on our d-men for our scoring these past two weeks, losing ellis at a bad time

sigh, always something to worry about.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
first thoughts this morning if ellis is out for long;

..as much as we've depending on our d-men for our scoring these past two weeks, losing ellis at a bad time

sigh, always something to worry about.

Not sure what a good time would be unless all our forwards were firing and healthy, but given the league standings with Nashville on the top!!! this isn't the absolute worst time either.

Has this ever happened before for the franchise? I'm saving a screen shot of those standings.

Last edited:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Not sure what a good time would be unless all our forwards were firing and healthy, but given the league standings with Nashville on the top!!! this isn't the absolute worst time either.

Has this ever happened before for the franchise? I'm saving a screen shot of those standings.

yes, the 06-07 team led the league for a portion of the year. when they faced BUF late in the year it was for the league lead (a horrible 7-3 loss for us)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad