Observations III

Status
Not open for further replies.

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
That's a torn MCL/ACL if I've ever saw one. : (

Wait which leg am I looking at the one underneath him looks to buckle.

That didn't look anything like a typical ACL mechanism of injury.
That looked to me like a typical moderate MCL injury....I am guessing he is out 3-4 weeks.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
That looked to me like a typical moderate MCL injury....I am guessing he is out 3-4 weeks.
I posted on the other thread how that just seemed odd. I can see catching an edge at a higher speed, god, I do that all the time mainly because I'm a terrible skater. He wasn't going fast or making a hard transition. He just kind of glides and turns and bam....

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

I hope you are right- I would be thrilled if the worst case scenario is 3-4 weeks

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I was wondering when youd show up and give us an ortho opinion... dont need the booger picker opining on knees...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
@coreypronman 7m7 minutes ago
Miikka Salomaki-NSH reassigned back to the AHL.

Tough one.

yeah, but at least he goes back down having left a good, if brief impression... no chance at playing a couple of bad games to make them forget the good one...

hoping this means Neal is better, but Im guessing its Beck coming back from IR

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
yeah, but at least he goes back down having left a good, if brief impression... no chance at playing a couple of bad games to make them forget the good one...
Very true. I'd be willing to bet Lavy's parting speech to him was something like "Kick *** job, kid. We'll see you soon."

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Please shoot me down on this. Last game and this one, how bad have we looked in the first? What is the rap on Lavy? That his act gets old and he loses the room. These guys, most of em, have been brought up in a details oriented, methodical system and they have responded to the change. What I want you to shoot me down on: is the way these guys have looked lately because they are getting exhausted from playing Lavys style? So the trajectory is that they run out of gas, Lavy gives em hell, but they can't respond and so they shut him out? Is that the story on his other teams and how do we avoid that here?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Please shoot me down on this. Last game and this one, how bad have we looked in the first? What is the rap on Lavy? That his act gets old and he loses the room. These guys, most of em, have been brought up in a details oriented, methodical system and they have responded to the change. What I want you to shoot me down on: is the way these guys have looked lately because they are getting exhausted from playing Lavys style? So the trajectory is that they run out of gas, Lavy gives em hell, but they can't respond and so they shut him out? Is that the story on his other teams and how do we avoid that here?

That would probably be a question for Carolina or Philly fans. All I know is he's the least of my (very few) worries right now.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
no way bdub, winning motivates better than anything. people always throw out that people 'get tired' of lavy. but that's crap in my opinion. he's been fired when teams started losing more. and they started losing more because they started giving up more goals, not scoring less

any falloff in our 'performance' these last few games can be tied directly back to us being a little thin up front and especially neal being out. it weakens all our lines and makes our forwards so much easier to defend as a whole

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

They are the #1 team in the entire league in the NHL. They have not lost back-to-back games this season. They have a +30 goal diff. and have yet to give up 100 goals over 40 games played. They are 8th in Goals/Game and 2nd in Goals Against/Game.

Don't bring this noise about Lavy losing the room - its the farthest thing from the truth.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
hate to see salamaki sent back down. it shows our lack of roster flexibility more than anything else in my mind, we have too few 2 way options. i would expect the next move we hear is for someone to be activated, hopefully neal. and then you expect us to call up some dman as a 7th guy if ellis really goes on IR.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
They are the #1 team in the entire league in the NHL. They have not lost back-to-back games this season. They have a +30 goal diff. and have yet to give up 100 goals over 40 games played. They are 8th in Goals/Game and 2nd in Goals Against/Game.

Don't bring this noise about Lavy losing the room - its the farthest thing from the truth.
I was under the impression he was talking about this hypothetically happening in the future. If it's a serious question about right now, I'd call that nonsense.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

In addition to what everyone else has said, you could tell Weber was pretty excited about the coaching change, and I dont think there is any way at all that Lavy is losing the room. I suspect given how they keep winning that he is getting even more buy-in if it wasnt already high..

(are you sufficiently shot down?)

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

The way they've looked lately??

You mean, 8-1-2 in the past 11 and the #1 record in the entire NHL???

Don't understand your post at all- we are less than halfway through the first season with Laviolette- he has never "lost the room" in the first two seasons, much less in half of his first season.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

hoping this means Neal is better, but Im guessing its Beck coming back from IR

Per twitter, Neal and Beck both at practice- hopefully a good sign for tomorrow.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Per twitter, Neal and Beck both at practice- hopefully a good sign for tomorrow.

Doesn't IR mean they have to be on it at least a week or am I confusing that with something else? Neal was just placed there yesterday. Beck and Cullen were both at practice today though.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Doesn't IR mean they have to be on it at least a week or am I confusing that with something else? Neal was just placed there yesterday. Beck and Cullen were both at practice today though.

Isn't it retroactive, though?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
That would probably be a question for Carolina or Philly fans. All I know is he's the least of my (very few) worries right now.

no way bdub, winning motivates better than anything. people always throw out that people 'get tired' of lavy. but that's crap in my opinion. he's been fired when teams started losing more. and they started losing more because they started giving up more goals, not scoring less

any falloff in our 'performance' these last few games can be tied directly back to us being a little thin up front and especially neal being out. it weakens all our lines and makes our forwards so much easier to defend as a whole

Thanks guys - and to clarify I meant how we have looked in the 1st period lately. I am not thinking of him losing the room right now. I am thinking about the 2nd half of the season, next year, etc. You can see from my other posts I am a huge fan of what he has done here. I just had a little voice in my head ask - could the flat first periods mean these guys are struggling with the pace he demands..and what could that lead to over the long term..

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
In addition to what everyone else has said, you could tell Weber was pretty excited about the coaching change, and I dont think there is any way at all that Lavy is losing the room. I suspect given how they keep winning that he is getting even more buy-in if it wasnt already high..

(are you sufficiently shot down?)

I think so - just paranoia!

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
The way they've looked lately??

You mean, 8-1-2 in the past 11 and the #1 record in the entire NHL???

Don't understand your post at all- we are less than halfway through the first season with Laviolette- he has never "lost the room" in the first two seasons, much less in half of his first season.

At the heart of my post is - can this group sustain that pace and could the flat first periods be a leading indicator that they cant. If they cant, what does that mean to the relationship between them and their coach. I LOVE what is happening now. I want that to continue.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad