GDT: NYR vs CBJ at NWA || Game 57 || 6pm

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
That random elite Roslovic game that occurs a few times per year is so fun. I was at a game where he looked like a superstar last season and it's so fun to see his playstyle work that effectively.

Reactions: majormajor

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The other funny thing about the Russians is they arent small so you cant bully them and are all pretty calm so guys like Trochek cant bait them into stupid shit

Reactions: Halfboard and LJ7

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He never lead us on, didn't go behind our backs, played his ass off for us to the bitter end. Booing him for making a free agency decision 5 years ago feeds in to that lame victim "nobody wants to play here🥺" routine some Jackets fans love to engage in
I agree with everything except the first sentence. He totally led them on. He even negotiated with them down to the last minute before going to market.

But yes. He did his job. And did it well. For me, that has nothing to do with being “the victim.” He made his decision that he had a right to. The fans have a right to hate him for that decision. That’s sports

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He never lead us on, didn't go behind our backs, played his ass off for us to the bitter end. Booing him for making a free agency decision 5 years ago feeds in to that lame victim "nobody wants to play here🥺" routine some Jackets fans love to engage in
You could argue his personal choice has screwed this organization for several years and led us today.

It was his right but there are consequences to everyone’s choices.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
sure, but the implication was “it was 5 years ago. Move on” not the context of how they left
Those aren't separate to me, some things warrant moving on from, others don't. PLD derailed and damaged the franchise while under a contract he signed. I'll be pissed about that 10 years after the fact. I'm over Panarin by now.

Reactions: MAHJ71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Those aren't separate to me, some things warrant moving on from, others don't. PLD derailed and damaged the franchise while under a contract he signed. I'll be pissed about that 10 years after the fact. I'm over Panarin by now.
Yeah, I get that mindset. Agree to disagree I guess

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I agree with everything except the first sentence. He totally led them on. He even negotiated with them down to the last minute before going to market.
Am I misremembering by thinking he genuinely considered re-signing here but his girl wanted New York?

Reactions: MAHJ71

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Do they find a new way to lose or actually play 3 periods of hockey? Its funny that giving up 2+ goals is the most likely outcome :laugh:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

But yes. He did his job. And did it well. For me, that has nothing to do with being “the victim.” He made his decision that he had a right to. The fans have a right to hate him for that decision. That’s sports
I remember last off-season Portzline saying Jarmo knew from the time of the trade that Panarin was going to explore free agency and wanted to play in under big city lights

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5