GDT: NYR vs CBJ at NWA || Game 57 || 6pm

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know if anyone else is watching this postgame Marchy interview but it's great. What a guy, put an A on his sweater.

wasn’t able to watch the game. was nylander even noticeable at all? his stat line shows like… nothing.

Nylander handles the puck and skates well, and can make a simple pass. That's his scouting report and it's what he did tonight, he managed the puck well, which helps his linemates. I'll be curious what he looks like in a game where we aren't as dominant.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Roslovic got first star only because his goal ended up being the game winner, that's all. Wouldn't put too much into it. There were better players tonight.

Reactions: We Want Ten

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That first star selection is a joke….

Roslovic got first star only because his goal ended up being the game winner, that's all. Wouldn't put too much into it. There were better players tonight.

He wouldn't have been my first star but we've seen more egregious selections. He played a really good game and deserves some credit.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Maybe this is just me but I have to ask/say this.

No matter where I sit in the arena, I always have someone around me with and extra loud voice who loves to talk and say what I perceive to say dumb things. I always think to myself. "How do I always get stuck near the dumbest person in the arena?"

Is it just me or is it just confirming the George Carlin quote "Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that."?

Reactions: Halfboard

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
KJ nearly 14 minutes of ice time and looked pretty good. Thats more like it
Because there's a difference when you're playing with Bemstrom, who tries, fights, but has a mediocre hockey IQ, and Nylander, who is a completely different type of player. When Kent played with Fantilli, Emil was a good fit for the line, as every line needs one of those players. But when there are two such players (Sillinger, Bemstrom/Danforth), the problems start.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Maybe this is just me but I have to ask/say this.

No matter where I sit in the arena, I always have someone around me with and extra loud voice who loves to talk and say what I perceive to say dumb things. I always think to myself. "How do I always get stuck near the dumbest person in the arena?"

Is it just me or is it just confirming the George Carlin quote "Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that."?

I hope you're not sitting in 103! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: EspenK

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
wasn’t able to watch the game. was nylander even noticeable at all? his stat line shows like… nothing.
He had one good shift. I didn't notice him at all after that.

Not tonight but it honestly doesn't matter what section I'm in.
I try to remind myself, no matter how much I know about hockey and this team, there's always someone that knows more than I do. (And someone who knows less LOL)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He had one good shift. I didn't notice him at all after that.

I try to remind myself, no matter how much I know about hockey and this team, there's always someone that knows more than I do. (And someone who knows less LOL)
That's why I generally keep my mouth shut at games and certainly don't talk loud enough to be heard in a 5 row radius.

And it's not just about hockey. I had some woman behind me a few weeks ago spending the entire 3rd period talking about sourdough bread. it's like an earworm that once you hear it you can't stop obsessing over it.

Reactions: MAHJ71

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

The "synergy" of that line has at times resembled the chemistry of some good teams' top lines of the recent years, such as Boston or Pittsburgh. As a line they're more than a sum of its parts. None of the Siberian Troika is considered an elite player just yet, and their strengths and skill sets do differ, but one common denominator imo is that they all think the game fast, even when they've been separated and gotten less impressive results on other lines. It's probably a big reason why they've looked so effective together.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Yeah, good point. It does seems like all 3 of them "think" the game in the same way and at the same speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00