Speculation: NYR-LAK trading

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How many undersized offensive defenseman fizzle out?
Less than the number of undersized offensive defensemen that fizzled out pre-lockout era. The game is much kinder to undersized offensive defensemen in this era

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
?????

So Villardi played his way up to the 2nd line on a NHL team but Lundkvist who has never seen any NHL action is the better prospect.
That makes total sense
In fairness, Lundkvist had a contract elsewhere and couldn't play his way into any spot.

Reactions: UnSandvich

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings always win stuff. Everytime it’s Anaheim and Kings in the draft lottery. Kings get jumped ahead. NHL draft lottery doesn’t like Anaheim for some reason.

That’s why Anaheim Ducks pays the big bucks for its scouts. We know Anaheim is always in the lower sections of the drafts :laugh::popcorn:

Every time? Excluding Byfield last year, the Kings have won the lottery once, in 1995, and selected Aki Berg. :laugh: The f*** you mean every time lmao

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Every time? Excluding Byfield last year, the Kings have won the lottery once, in 1995, and selected Aki Berg. :laugh: The f*** you mean every time lmao

The point is stop winning stuff. 2 cups and lotteries. Eventually the dog bites back. Anaheim fans know you’re feeding the pin ball machine tacos. Let em eat a surf board for once

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
So, just so I am reading this right.

You will only trade a top 6 centre for a #1 or #2 dman? Seems fair o_O

As for Robertson, he is projected a top 4 dman. Schneider has a much higher ceiling and could become much more.
Prospects so you can’t say where they end up for sure but if Byfield becomes that #1 C, Turcotte might be their 2nd line C, and the defender you trade that level prospect for needs to be better than what they have, and they have young 2nd pairing guys. The label you want to give them doesn’t change their value or either teams needs.

Reactions: go4hockey

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Sorry buddy,

We are not trading a 5'10 defender for a lightning fast 6'2 Center.

In general we learned here that nobody is trading away their top prospects due to unknown potential.
So what about we level out our pipeline in the lower ranks

Something around Roberts +3rd rounder for Lizotte

Nah, not moving Robertson for Lizotte. Robertson is an absolute sleeper in the Rangers system. I’d move Robertson+ for Kupari, but not for Lizotte. No thanks.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'd consider something around Kupari and Lundkvist, I think having a Bjornfot and Lundkvist second pair would be awesome.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Why's that? Kupari was leading the AHL in scoring before he was called up to the Kings as Ontario's number one center. Seems like they're both very good prospects to me.

In fairness, I haven't watched him as much since he was drafted. Pre-draft, there was just something...off(?) to me? It felt like something in that package didn't quite fit right, and the results he could've been getting just weren't there. So there's definitely a strong possibility my info on him is a bit out of date, but i can't shake that feeling on him.

Lundkvist was 6th in SHL Dman scoring while playing heavier defensive minutes than in previous seasons, and the only U21 Dman close to him in production was Moritz Seider. He also set the all-time SHL U21 Dman scoring record this season, and ended the season one off the goals record.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lundkvist and Robertson for Turcotte and Kupari and Turcotte. cOwArDs. Rangers small add if people are going to bring about draft position into it

Honestly the Kings have much less reason to make a deal. Unlike the Rangers, they can just draft the D-man to fill the “hole” in their system with their first this year (in a deep D draft) and be done with it. Whereas if the Rangers draft a D this year their fans riot, even though it’s not a great forward draft.

Reactions: go4hockey

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
an unproven late 1st rounder dies not get you a top 5 unless you are dealing with an idiot gm

Turcotte is unproven also. At this point they're not draft picks. Lundkvist has been killing it in the SHL. Their draft position isn't that relevant anymore. It still is somewhat because they haven't done in the NHL, but you can't pretend that the last two years in the SHL didn't exist just because he was drafted late in the 1st round.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
an unproven late 1st rounder dies not get you a top 5 unless you are dealing with an idiot gm

Draft position isn't as relevant as fans make it out to be, 2-3 years after the draft.

Imagine a team offering a 4th round pick for Kaprizov a few years ago. Minnesota laughs and hangs up the phone

Reactions: One Winged Angel

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Would prefer to get a future NHL player back if we’re parting with Robertson
Robertson is going to be an absolute shutdown monster of a top 4 D man. I think Schneider has the capability of being more offensive and a tad bit more abrasive but IMO they are pretty close value wise. Both play the physical game and have a very good first pass. Like it or not these two teams make great trading partners but it’s a little too early to estimate what the deal could be
NYR has
Lundkvist for sure top 4 D top pairing potential
Schneider for sure top 4 D could be an excellent 2-3
Robertson for sure top 4 D could be an excellent 2-3
Jones for sure top 4 D potential ??? Being compared to Fox sky could be the limit
Then they have established young D in Fox, lindgren, Miller, trouba for at least 3 more years
And they have some good bottom pairing options with guys like Renunen,Hajek, skinner etc.
it sucks that there’s not enough spots for all these great kids to play. So there will be an imminent trade for sure. LA is strong down the middle in their system. I don’t know if guys like Turcotte of Villardi predict to be better players then Chytil when all is said and done. Would love to add either. Then guys like madden,Thomas, etc it might be too early to tell what they top out as. I’d love more perspective from kings fans on what they think they have in their guys TbH. I excluded Byfield because it would be like the Rangers dealing LaF or Kakko. It would take a ridiculous established player to have them as apart of a trade, if either of those 3 would be traded at all

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Turcotte is unproven also. At this point they're not draft picks. Lundkvist has been killing it in the SHL. Their draft position isn't the relevant anymore. It still is somewhat because they haven't done in the NHL, but you can't pretend that the last two years in the SHL didn't exist just because he was drafted late in the 1st round.
Have to agree here. If there was a redraft lundkvist goes top 10 easily

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Robertson is going to be an absolute shutdown monster of a top 4 D man. I think Schneider has the capability of being more offensive and a tad bit more abrasive but IMO they are pretty close value wise. Both play the physical game and have a very good first pass. Like it or not these two teams make great trading partners but it’s a little too early to estimate what the deal could be
NYR has
Lundkvist for sure top 4 D top pairing potential
Schneider for sure top 4 D could be an excellent 2-3
Robertson for sure top 4 D could be an excellent 2-3
Jones for sure top 4 D potential ??? Being compared to Fox sky could be the limit
Then they have established young D in Fox, lindgren, Miller, trouba for at least 3 more years
And they have some good bottom pairing options with guys like Renunen,Hajek, skinner etc.
it sucks that there’s not enough spots for all these great kids to play. So there will be an imminent trade for sure. LA is strong down the middle in their system. I don’t know if guys like Turcotte of Villardi predict to be better players then Chytil when all is said and done. Would love to add either. Then guys like madden,Thomas, etc it might be too early to tell what they top out as. I’d love more perspective from kings fans on what they think they have in their guys TbH. I excluded Byfield because it would be like the Rangers dealing LaF or Kakko. It would take a ridiculous established player to have them as apart of a trade, if either of those 3 would be traded at all
We’ll give you Kupari for everyone you mentioned. Hey man, we don’t need to make a deal

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Like I said earlier--it's less about those prospects. I love them all, especially an offensive one like Lundqvist. It's more about we don't know what any of them truly are, we're swapping lottery tickets, and could be opening TWO holes instead of plugging one. Otherwise I'd say NYR and LAK keep one separate phone line permanently open for the next two-three years because it's practically inevitable they'll be partners at some point.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
They probably are decent trading partners as they're 2 of the best prospect/young talent pools in the league and their strengths are the other pools weaknesses. But as a Rangers fan I'd want to see what we have in Kravtsov as a potential center candidate before making a major move for a center. Kravtsov has been our best player since joining the team and he's playing a hell of a lot like a center, he cheats toward the middle of the ice, and he's pretty much always the first man back, often even before one of the dmen.

Ummmmmm......

A) 7g 11a - 18 points since 19:52
B) 4g 7a - 11 points, 20:10 ice time
C) 1g 1a - 2 points (goal taken away) 11:57 ice time

Player A led the NHL in points sine Krav joined the team (9 games) Player C looked lost and slow in the game vrs the Islanders 4/9. Looked like he was trying to do too much with the puck with some turnovers. His second game he was moved to skate with better players. He looked better but easily wasn’t a top player on his team. The rangers then pounded the devils scoring 18 goals in the last 4 games. Player C had 1 point with a goal.

You are a ranger fan and hype up all your players any chance you can but this is a brutal statement. LA fans trust me player C hasn’t been anywhere near the best player on his team.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ummmmmm......

A) 7g 11a - 18 points since 19:52
B) 4g 7a - 11 points, 20:10 ice time
C) 1g 1a - 2 points (goal taken away) 11:57 ice time

Player A led the NHL in points sine Krav joined the team (9 games) Player C looked lost and slow in the game vrs the Islanders 4/9. Looked like he was trying to do too much with the puck with some turnovers. His second game he was moved to skate with better players. He looked better but easily wasn’t a top player on his team. The rangers then pounded the devils scoring 18 goals in the last 4 games. Player C had 1 point with a goal.

You are a ranger fan and hype up all your players any chance you can but this is a brutal statement. LA fans trust me player C hasn’t been anywhere near the best player on his team.

All of this is blind to the eye test.

VK has been a talented spark of energy.
While he has had some time with better players, has also spent a lot of time on 4th line w/likes of Howden, which is min opportunity to score.

I have said for over a yr, play him at pivot on this line:
Kakko-Kravtsov-Panarin

and the results will be outstanding.

--------
Your illustration above does not recognize real fact of dif in quality of play w/lines and roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad