Speculation: NYR-LAK trading

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
All of this is blind to the eye test.

VK has been a talented spark of energy.
While he has had some time with better players, has also spent a lot of time on 4th line w/likes of Howden, which is min opportunity to score.

I have said for over a yr, play him at pivot on this line:
Kakko-Kravtsov-Panarin

and the results will be outstanding.

--------
Your illustration above does not recognize real fact of dif in quality of play w/lines and roster.

I am not saying he's not talented. He clearly is. My point is how absurd his statement was the VK has been your best player. IF he was your best player why is he playing 11 minutes a game on the 4th line. Shouldn't he be playing 20 minutes a game on your top line? Rangers are pushing for a Hart, Norris, Calder. Has he really been better than all of those players? His point totals are for sure limited when he's playing on the 4th line with Howden. With that being said even on another line he's not playing like your best player.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
EDIT: - wrong thread. This isn't the Ryan Strome thread...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I am not saying he's not talented. He clearly is. My point is how absurd his statement was the VK has been your best player. IF he was your best player why is he playing 11 minutes a game on the 4th line. Shouldn't he be playing 20 minutes a game on your top line? Rangers are pushing for a Hart, Norris, Calder. Has he really been better than all of those players? His point totals are for sure limited when he's playing on the 4th line with Howden. With that being said even on another line he's not playing like your best player.
No, he has not. There's been a few games where Krav has stood out more so than players putting up points, but he hasn't been our best player in each of those games he's played. However, there's been a few games where he was the best player on the ice for us when you look at the entire game. As far as minutes go, our coach is a dumbass. He's moved Kravtsov to Panarin's wing when things aren't going right but then immediately puts Blackwell back after Rangers start to find their game. Our 4th line is such a joke but Kravtsov has really lifted that line because he's good at carrying the puck, making plays, and has been the best defensive responsible player on that line.

Before the weekend, Kreider has gone a big stretch without a goal, yet our coach continues to play Zibanejad, Kreider, and Buchnevich together. We've got offensively gifted players like Laf, Chytil, Kakko, and Kravtsov, yet the first powerplay unit doesn't change despite their struggles. My point is simply you can't judge any young player on our team by minutes.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nah, we're going after Eichel and for sure using Lundkvist as a piece. Be ready

sorry but want nothing to do w/that 10+ m contract added to what we have.
No big adds unless/until we move Trouba's 8.

And I also don't want to discard any of our bluest blue chip elc before we even at min know their potential.

resist the temptation to splurge.
BUILD

trade Buch Strome and if he does not do 3 yrs, 4 max, also Zib.
Add /develop futures we can maybe splurge down the road to add to those we have now [not enough to splurge, enough for our own immediate needs].

LAK, Eich is all yours

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Nah, we're going after Eichel and for sure using Lundkvist as a piece. Be ready

i dunno, a the herniated disk surgery should convince NYR to look elsewhere

i'd rather they find a player, like when they added Zib,
a high-upside young-ish guy, who hasn't earned huge Cap Hit yet

Reactions: bernmeister

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
No, he has not. There's been a few games where Krav has stood out more so than players putting up points, but he hasn't been our best player in each of those games he's played. However, there's been a few games where he was the best player on the ice for us when you look at the entire game. As far as minutes go, our coach is a dumbass. He's moved Kravtsov to Panarin's wing when things aren't going right but then immediately puts Blackwell back after Rangers start to find their game. Our 4th line is such a joke but Kravtsov has really lifted that line because he's good at carrying the puck, making plays, and has been the best defensive responsible player on that line.

Before the weekend, Kreider has gone a big stretch without a goal, yet our coach continues to play Zibanejad, Kreider, and Buchnevich together. We've got offensively gifted players like Laf, Chytil, Kakko, and Kravtsov, yet the first powerplay unit doesn't change despite their struggles. My point is simply you can't judge any young player on our team by minutes.

Again, I am not judging him as a player. I am saying he has not been your best player and it's an insane statement. Can he have shifts where he is the best player on the ice? definitely possible at times especially when he is skating on the 4th line with Howden. With that being said if you give any of those young guys 20 minutes a game they would not be the best player on the team and put up nowhere near the production that Panarin does. So Laf, Chytil, Kakko, Krav if you give any of them 20 minutes on Tuesday vs the isles or for the rest of the year, they will not be the best player on the New York Rangers.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
sorry but want nothing to do w/that 10+ m contract added to what we have.
No big adds unless/until we move Trouba's 8.

And I also don't want to discard any of our bluest blue chip elc before we even at min know their potential.

resist the temptation to splurge.
BUILD

trade Buch Strome and if he does not do 3 yrs, 4 max, also Zib.
Add /develop futures we can maybe splurge down the road to add to those we have now [not enough to splurge, enough for our own immediate needs].

LAK, Eich is all yours

To NYR: Jack Eichel

To BUF: Chytil, Buchnevich, Lundkvist, Georgiev, 1st, Cond. 2nd

Our window to win is the next 5 years not 15 when multiple other waves of prospects come up because we trade everyone who starts producing and needs a contract. We are poised to make 1 blockbuster deal in the next year as we have a huge logjam on our wings and at D.

Trade 2-3 pieces for 1 really good player and become a true cup contender. You win down the middle in the league anyways.

Laf-Eichel-Kravtsov
Panarin-Zibanejad-Kakko
Kreider-Strome-Blackwell

Should be our top 9 heading into next season. With guys like Barron and small tier veteran UFA signings to bolster the 4th line.

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Jones-Hajek/UFA signing

Shesterkin
Kinkaid

Incredible team with strength in every area. Built to win multiple cups

Expect Zibanejad and Strome to take discounts, expect Fox and Shesterkin to cost some money. All in all this team would be deadly

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Our window to win is the next 5 years not 15 when multiple other waves of prospects come up because we trade everyone who starts producing and needs a contract. We are poised to make 1 blockbuster deal in the next year as we have a huge logjam on our wings and at D.

Trade 2-3 pieces for 1 really good player and become a true cup contender. You win down the middle in the league anyways.

Laf-Eichel-Kravtsov
Panarin-Zibanejad-Kakko
Kreider-Strome-Blackwell

Should be our top 9 heading into next season. With guys like Barron and small tier veteran UFA signings to bolster the 4th line.

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Jones-Hajek/UFA signing

Shesterkin
Kinkaid

Expect Zibanejad and Strome to take discounts, expect Fox and Shesterkin to cost some money. All in all this team would be deadly

sorry, but really no.
We already have a signif core b'c we kept the kids.
Adding more kids would give us insane depth.
That is more important than almost any single player.

A generational guy like McDavid, someone who may be the best ever [possibly after Bobby Orr], could be the exception.

You will take Eichel and you gonna like him !!!
Sez you!!

If Trouba would waive, which he won't then Buch + Strome + Trouba + 2021 1st = value of 4 1sts in acceptable currency AND, while adding a structural cap concern esp if Zib stays, I would consider.

Otherwise not worth it for Rangers.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
sorry, but really no.
We already have a signif core b'c we kept the kids.
Adding more kids would give us insane depth.
That is more important than almost any single player.

A generational guy like McDavid, someone who may be the best ever [possibly after Bobby Orr], could be the exception.

Sez you!!

If Trouba would waive, which he won't then Buch + Strome + Trouba + 2021 1st = value of 4 1sts in acceptable currency AND, while adding a structural cap concern esp if Zib stays, I would consider.

Otherwise not worth it for Rangers.

Trouba is not worth a first IMO

Reactions: bernmeister

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
this thread really does not need anything else besides
mixing and matching pairs of LAK top C prospects and NYR top D prospects
that alone could keep it going for months ...

Reactions: bleedblue94

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Byfield Turcotte Kaliyev Vilardi Madden Kupari Fagemo
Miller Lundqvist Schneider Jones Robertson

Throw all their sticks in the middle and pickup draft

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Here we go again. The kings will wait most likely till they have a idea what our prospects can do in the nhl Ranger fans need to figure out what defensive prospects are available and get back to us. See u in the summer of 23 or 24
or they go for Eichel this summer.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I hope that the real GM’s of these two clubs have a healthy dialogue with much respect that seems to be missing here,

Reactions: bleedblue94

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I hope you get him, sooner than later so I can stop watching Kings fans rub one out at the thought of trading the majority of our best prospects for Captain Neck Surgery.

Don't worry.
GMJG listened to bern when half our base wanted to trade Kravtsov to get Eichel, and bern said NO.
Now that Krav looks fab including as a possible C, talk of that particular player has dried up.
So of course, some have to start dealing Nils L.
Again, bern is cautioning not to move the kid, at least until we know how good he is at NHL level.
So far, GMJG continues to listen.

This bern guy, like Billy Joel's The Stranger
"isn't always evil, and he is not always wrong".

I also don't want the 10m salary unless Trouba is involved, which is not happening, and even then, I lean no, depending on what is the rest of the deal.

Clickbait is pushing for a deal but either a WC club takes him or Sabes will continue to live with him.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Laf-Eichel-Kravtsov
Panarin-Zibanejad-Kakko
Kreider-Strome-Blackwell

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Jones-Hajek/UFA signing

Shesterkin
Kinkaid

I agree that they are going to go after Eichel, that's a terrible deal for NYR.

Especially with him coming off what was shaping up to be a bad season and neck surgery.

Chytil will not be part of that trade and the 2nd is out as well

Reactions: UnSandvich

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I agree that they are going to go after Eichel, that's a terrible deal for NYR.

Especially with him coming off what was shaping up to be a bad season and neck surgery.

Chytil will not be part of that trade and the 2nd is out as well

Agree, except that gun to the head forcing a deal [but not its components], I also say Nils L is out.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Byfield Turcotte Kaliyev Vilardi Madden Kupari Fagemo
Miller Lundqvist Schneider Jones Robertson

Throw all their sticks in the middle and pickup draft
Ok - but we're scouting what sticks they use first so we can feel around. You know how that goes. ;)

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I hope you get him, sooner than later so I can stop watching Kings fans rub one out at the thought of trading the majority of our best prospects for Captain Neck Surgery.

I feel the same way as a Ranger fan. I dont want to give up the prospects that some of these ridiculous proposals toss around. Hoping the Kings bite that bullet and not the Rangers lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad