Speculation: NYR-LAK trading

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I hope you get him, sooner than later so I can stop watching Kings fans rub one out at the thought of trading the majority of our best prospects for Captain Neck Surgery.

I feel the same way as a Ranger fan. I don't want to give up the prospects that some of these ridiculous proposals toss around..

that's the beauty of this thread,
LA and NYR trade, from depth for need, in 2-4 player hockey trade,
and leave Buffalo to find their relief elsewhere
there are teams under pressure to make big moves soon, these 2 are not

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think some Rangers fans are overvaluing our own prospects.

Lundkvist is a very good prospect. He's not as good of a prospect as Turcotte. Robertson is a decent prospect. He's not as good of a prospect as Vilardi.

I disagree with Lundkvist and Turcotte. It’s closer than you think. Lundkvist gets undervalued by fans all over. It’s part of why I hope they don’t move him because I have a feeling he’s going to be better at the NHL level than many think.

Vilardi to me really isn’t a prospect anymore and has far more value than Robertson, without question.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I disagree with Lundkvist and Turcotte. It’s closer than you think. Lundkvist gets undervalued by fans all over. It’s part of why I hope they don’t move him because I have a feeling he’s going to be better at the NHL level than many think.

Vilardi to me really isn’t a prospect anymore and has far more value than Robertson, without question.

Lundkvist is a draft older, and picked 28th. In a re-draft, he's moved up, but you think he's moved up into the top 10 of a 2018 re-draft? Thats where Turcotte is in 2019. Drafted 5th. Could be a little higher or a little lower, depending on who you ask, but it's not going to be much different than that. Turcotte is much more comparable to Kakko, if you want to start finding a comparable Ranger for trade value.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Eh once drafted, its what you do then. Thats why Jones has narrowed the one time draft position gap with Kupari (not a ding at Kupari)

Reactions: One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Lundkvist is a draft older, and picked 28th. In a re-draft, he's moved up, but you think he's moved up into the top 10 of a 2018 re-draft? Thats where Turcotte is in 2019. Drafted 5th. Could be a little higher or a little lower, depending on who you ask, but it's not going to be much different than that. Turcotte is much more comparable to Kakko, if you want to start finding a comparable Ranger for trade value.

1. Draft position doesn’t matter nearly as much as you think.

2. Turcotte isn’t at the NHL level and Kakko is and is playing well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1. Draft position doesn’t matter nearly as much as you think.

2. Turcotte isn’t at the NHL level and Kakko is and is playing well.

Of course draft position matters, to an extent, in a negotiation. Just like the Rangers will point to Kakko being picked second in a trade discussion for Eichel/Barkov, the Kings will point to Turcotte being picked fifth or Byfield being picked second. This stuff matters. You can't pick your terms that matter when it's a negotiation. I highly doubt that Lundkvist has near the value league-wide that Turcotte does, and obviously the Kings aren't going to go for that type of trade either.

I don't really think it matters if a player is playing in the NHL or not playing in the NHL. That doesn't give them inherently more or less value. We don't hold it against Lundkvist compared to Kravtsov or Miller that he's the last of the three to reach the NHL. The Kings also notoriously take their time with developing their young prospects, so I wouldn't make much over what league they are playing in at any time. But yes, you are right about Kakko.

Reactions: JKG33

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Of course draft position matters, to an extent, in a negotiation. Just like the Rangers will point to Kakko being picked second in a trade discussion for Eichel/Barkov, the Kings will point to Turcotte being picked fifth or Byfield being picked second. This stuff matters. You can't pick your terms that matter when it's a negotiation. I highly doubt that Lundkvist has near the value league-wide that Turcotte does, and obviously the Kings aren't going to go for that type of trade either.

It doesn’t, because production and development matter more.

I don't really think it matters if a player is playing in the NHL or not playing in the NHL. That doesn't give them inherently more or less value. We don't hold it against Lundkvist compared to Kravtsov or Miller that he's the last of the three to reach the NHL. The Kings also notoriously take their time with developing their young prospects, so I wouldn't make much over what league they are playing in at any time. But yes, you are right about Kakko.

Are you serious?

Player A and Player B are drafted in the same year, Player A drafted 3rd overall and Player B drafted 20th overall. Player A is in the AHL performing somewhat well, but Player B is in the NHL and performing very well and is up for the Calder.

Player B holds a shit ton of more value at that point.

Adam Fox was a 3rd round pick. No GM gives a shit about that anymore.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Kravs 111% yes, passes the eye test and is experienced at it at a high level of play.

LaF would be a project.
Would not assume yes.

Our 2 top lines should be:
Kakko-Krav-Panarin
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier

Krav and Chytil are good fits there.
This covers top 6 long term going forward.

Does not take into account Zib, and anticipating Strome moved.
Bern,
Gauthier is not and never will be a 2nd line player, he is a 4th at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad