Speculation: NYR-LAK trading

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Here we go again. The kings will wait most likely till they have a idea what our prospects can do in the nhl Ranger fans need to figure out what defensive prospects are available and get back to us. See u in the summer of 23 or 24

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This again? I’d do Kupari for Miller. If NYR balks I get it and say thanks anyways.
Kupari is most likely the target if a trade were to happen. I can't see Kings parting with Turcotte anytime soon, and Byfield isn't going anywhere. Right now, Rangers would have to pass on dealing Miller for Kupari. Maybe there's something down the road but that's a bit hefty for NYR to part with right now. I honestly don't believe we'll see all these prospects on defense for us, so eventually there will be some odd man out players dealt to fill other positions.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Ok, so don’t post bad deals then and when they get turned down, respond like this?

If he’s not available for Eichel, he’s certainly not available for a prospect like Kupari.
Your assuming I knew he wouldn’t be part of an Eichel deal. I literally said Kupari for Miller is the most I’d do and if the rangers say no I get it. No skin off my nose if you think it’s a bad deal, hence my response. And it probably is but Kings fans aren’t ready to deal any centers quite yet outside of maybe Madden, Kupari or Thomas. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Seems like the same could be said for LAK and OTT. Ottawa already has Chabot and two more LD (Brannstrom, Sanderson) with tons of potential. LA has a boatload of C prospects (Byfield, Turcotte, Vilardi, Kupari, Anderson-Dolan). From an outsider, it looks like the LA prospect pool, though amazing, lacks some quality defensemen prospects, and the Sens could use a quality C prospect. There is a trade to be had here, more so than between LA and New York given contention timelines.

EDIT: Now that I think about, Ottawa doesn't really need any position. They have Norris at C, Stutzle at C if they want, and Pinto coming up at C in the near future. If Murray can bounce back, their lineup won't have a conceivable hole in it if all these guys reach or at least come close to their potential.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
The Kings could definitely use high end defensive players in their prospect pool but they are pretty set 2nd and 3rd pairing players as it sits right now.
Kings RHD: Doughty (top 4 signed for 6 more years); Roy (bottom 4 signed for 3 more years); Walker (bottom 4 signed for 3 more years); Spencer (bottom 4 NHL potential); Faber (bottom 4 potential); Strand (bottom 4 potential)
Kings LHD: Anderson (bottom 4); Bjornfot (top 4 potential); Clague (bottom 4 potential)

So unless the player coming back is a sure fire top pairing dman there is no reason for Kings to trade away top 6 Centers. Lundkvist and Miller have that potential but I don't see Robertson or Schneider carrying that type of value.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The Kings could definitely use high end defensive players in their prospect pool but they are pretty set 2nd and 3rd pairing players as it sits right now.
Kings RHD: Doughty (top 4 signed for 6 more years); Roy (bottom 4 signed for 3 more years); Walker (bottom 4 signed for 3 more years); Spencer (bottom 4 NHL potential); Faber (bottom 4 potential); Strand (bottom 4 potential)
Kings LHD: Anderson (bottom 4); Bjornfot (top 4 potential); Clague (bottom 4 potential)

So unless the player coming back is a sure fire top pairing dman there is no reason for Kings to trade away top 6 Centers. Lundkvist and Miller have that potential but I don't see Robertson or Schneider carrying that type of value.

So Anderson, a rookie who plays top minutes with Doughty, thrown into any kind of situation and looking rock solid doing so, has bottom 4 potential.....

Alright then

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

You also have Zac Jones as a potential

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
This again? I’d do Kupari for Miller. If NYR balks I get it and say thanks anyways.
Kupari for Robertson is genuinely fair, if LA wanted to move a high end C prospect for a high end D prospect
i get that no one is familiar w all prospects
And I'm fine w Matthew staying w NYR

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Oh great, this thread again.

Byfield for Laf, if not gtfo.
both players are not even a full year d+1 if we wanted Byfield instead of Lafreniere, we would have drafted him.

Neither player's value has changed very much over the last 6 months, so no I will not trade a 1st overall for a 2nd overall straight up.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
So Anderson, a rookie who plays top minutes with Doughty, thrown into any kind of situation and looking rock solid doing so, has bottom 4 potential.....

Alright then
Fair enough, it wasn’t intended as a slight, I wanted to make a point without “over valuing” if your trading a high end asset such as Turcotte it better be for an upgrade on Anderson.

Reactions: Kurrilino

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
an unproven late 1st rounder dies not get you a top 5 unless you are dealing with an idiot gm

Post number 5 of the thread and there it is - an unnecessarily backhanded response that will turn the thread into a pissing match about how one team's prospects are the second coming and the other's are unproven lottery tickets.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland

So, just so I am reading this right.

You will only trade a top 6 centre for a #1 or #2 dman? Seems fair o_O

As for Robertson, he is projected a top 4 dman. Schneider has a much higher ceiling and could become much more.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kings are prob going to end up 5-10 in draft... which means they are going to have a shot at Hughes, svozil, lambo, evidssson or Clarke. Depending how draft goes.
If anything they use kupari/madden/jad to try and move up a couple spots to grab a dmen in the draft they really like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad