Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Kevin Shattenkirk (4 Years, $6.65M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Did you know who happens to be the 8th highest paid defenseman in the NHL this year?

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

In actual dollars, he’s earning more money than Norris Trophy winners and candidates.

But hey, whatever makes you Rangers fans feel better about yourselves.

You would have been better of not posting this. You know, in actual cap hit, he's only 15th :thumbu:

In either scenario, it means nothing since he signed in 2017 and 4 years of UFA.

Reactions: bert

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Lol I remember Rangers fans saying he was better than Carlson the year he left the Capitals. Awful defenseman that Caps fans tried to warn you about but you thought you knew better

Reactions: Carlzner

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Sucks for Shatty. He took less to play for the Rags and live out his dream but I never understood the fit with NY. They were on the verge of rebuilding and signed an older, injury-prone D man. Shatty's worst mistake was not signing with the Leaf when he (supposedly) had the chance.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
He's been crap but he hasn't played NHL speed hockey in 10 months or so. He isn't mad, as someone claimed. He took the benching in stride and knows he needs to work harder on the ice. Quinn is utilizing a struggling veteran player, that he knows can mentally handle it, to show that nobody is above being benched. Hopefully Marc Staal is next.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
His contract is certainly not worst in the league. There's only three more years left for his contract and it has a modified NTC. So while it's not good, it's not something that'll drag the Rangers down past the foreseeable future.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Lol I remember Rangers fans saying he was better than Carlson the year he left the Capitals. Awful defenseman that Caps fans tried to warn you about but you thought you knew better
All the advanced stats said he was a top pairing d-man and Carlson was overrated.

Hilarious.

Reactions: Koized
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad