Speculation: NYR haven't yet decided to QO Ryan Strome

LGRDunDunDunDunDa

Mar 17, 2011
I think 3 Years/12 Million is the way to go.
It gives us time to see where Chytil goes and if Strome 2020 was the real deal.
We could then either stay the course or move him in 2022 or2023.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think 3 Years/12 Million is the way to go.
It gives us time to see where Chytil goes and if Strome 2020 was the real deal.
We could then either stay the course or move him in 2022 or2023.

He’s not going to take $4m. That was his cap hit on this deal between the Rangers and Edmonton. It’s going to take at least $5m.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
This, but we only need one and I think he realizes this is covid reality, he may want 5 north of 5, but if he wants to get in camp and not get behind competition for his job, whichever team that may be, he's gonna need to settle 1 yr at 4.
That's acceptable depending on how far back a team has to move its 1st.
NY could also add Buch to the mix.

See NY still needs to add STILL,
but
if no Geo then
Strome + Buch + 22OA + something small
for
11OA

or if add Geo then take out 22OA + increase add to something moderate

Preds do not have the cap space

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
I posted this in another thread about Strome, and thought I'd copy it here as well.

When assessing Strome's career stats he is a sub-0.5ppg player up to now who's had one inflated year while riding shotgun with Panarin. There are many tell-tale signs of this being a one-off career year for him, including:

- His career average is 0.52ppg. This season he's at 0.84 ppg.
- His last 6 seasons his points totals were 28, 30, 34, 35, 35, and 59....... Not hard to spot the outlier.
- This season he is being spoon-fed minutes with sheltered offensive minutes with 54.6 oZS% and 19:35 ATOI, by far the highest in his career.
- Shooting % in 2 years with Rangers is 15.4%, which is 5.1% higher than his career average.
- 104.4 PDO this season, which is 9th highest in the league among forwards with at least 50 games.
- He has raked in PP points playing with Panarin, Zibanejad, and Deangelo, with 14 PP assists. Before this season he had only 26 PP assists in 7 seasons combined. Needless to say it's likely that he sees a big drop in assists with his new team without PP1 time next to star players like Panarin and Zibanejad.

All of those combined are signs of a player with heavily inflated stats, and it's unlikely that he'd be anything more than a 35-40 point player without PP1 time and tons of offensive ice time.

He's basically an offensive 3C that depends a lot on linemates for production. Based on the stats above I doubt GM's are going to be lining up to acquire him to be the sucker that gives him a raise, particularly as there's every chance that he reverts back to his Edmonton production if he doesn't get a lot of heavily sheltered offensive minutes.
He had 50 points during 14/15 season but he played on a line with Tavares a lot that season I believe. I agree with everything else you said.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The problem with Strome is not production it's his finesse style. Also not the fastest skater. Don't the Rangers have enough soft players?
Sure, but it's not like getting rid of Strome means we're getting a fast, tougher player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad