• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Nope.

Matthews is a tier above Laff as a player and the Leafs won't need yet another winger, especially at the cost of a 1C

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Maybe if Lafreniere was McDavid I'd consider it. But no. There are other options to clear out cap space than Matthews.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Laff being better then Matthews isn’t inconceivable and you get 3 years of ELC. It’s not not that crazy value wise
It kind of is. People seriously don't understand how amazing Matthews is, he's a unicorn.

Lafreniere likely turns into a 70-90 point winger. He's a very safe bet to be a first line star, many scouts don't feel he will be a superstar.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Just as much of a chance the Leafs sign me :p

congratulations-you-did-it-gif-2015.gif

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I agree they have some differences that’s why I said there are no good comparables to Matthews he’s unique and unlike any other player, Malkin is the closest by default. Who do you think is the closest to Matthews?

Stamkos?

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
It kind of is. People seriously don't understand how amazing Matthews is, he's a unicorn.

Lafreniere likely turns into a 70-90 point winger. He's a very safe bet to be a first line star, many scouts don't feel he will be a superstar.

Matthews is literally the only player in the NHL that combines elite shooting talent, elite shooting volume, and elite shooting location all in one package. Truly a unicorn offensively. Then add in his improved defensive play, and his flashes of elite playmaking, the guy might be the second best player in the league sooner rather than later.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
The only player I would trade Matthews for is McDavid, and thats not happening, so I would not trade him period.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If this was 3 years in the future with Matthews looking likely to walking as a UFA I'd make that deal 100%. With 4 years left and near certainty Matthews is going to be much better than Laf over those 4 seasons it's a horrible trade for a hopefully contending leaf team.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad