Confirmed Signing with Link: Nylander re-signs with Leafs (6.9 million AAV For 6 Years) - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Haters gonna hate.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but even with your insanely good young group of players, you've still won nothing in 50 years. You have nothing to be hated for at the moment.

You overpaid for Nylander. The fact that the best you can come up with is calling folks saying that, "Haters" kinda just verifies it.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'm glad he signed with the Leafs and hopefully they don't trade him for what they need.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Lmao idc about the cap hit, thats why i said good on dubas for waiting and and getting it down to 6.9. Hes getting 10.2 mill this season if u didnt know? I dont think william cared how he got his money. If he signed this same deal in august it would of been 7.5m aav which is closer too 8 than 6 but you dont care about that eh.

All that matters is caphit, MLSE doesn’t care about the money. What we needed was a good caphit and we got that.

Mar 26, 2010
I'm not trying to be an ass, but even with your insanely good young group of players, you've still won nothing in 50 years. You have nothing to be hated for at the moment.

You overpaid for Nylander. The fact that the best you can come up with is calling folks saying that, "Haters" kinda just verifies it.
Lmao. Carry on.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
well well.

Dubas: 1

HFBoards: 0
'Post a GIF that summarizes HF mainboards':
PleasingUnrulyEyas-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Max Money

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
All that matters is caphit, MLSE doesn’t care about the money. What we needed was a good caphit and we got that.
And i congratulated you guys on that. Thats the only thing leafs were worried about. While the only thing nylander was worried about was money. Both got ir right

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Leafs have a pretty good team. But winning that cup may have to come sooner or later because their roster has cap hell written all over it.

Reactions: HabsQC

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Hey Leafs fans I know you're super happy right now but let me remind you of all the shortcomings of your teams recent history and that if you do win it all it's gonna feel super good because of all that.

Reactions: marty111

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
So in the bottom half of 1RW scoring is worth 7 mill now? 22 goals and 61 points. Sorry, I'm just salty because I'm an Avs fan and an RW with career highs of 29 goals and 84 points has a contract expiring and that price just skyrocketed.
$6.9 million. Actually less then that long term since Nylander's hold-out to the last possible minute means the actual cap hit is higher this season and less the next five.

And looking at the stacked RFA class next season (Matthews, Marner, Laine and Rantenen as the headliners) and the fact that the cap is supposed to continue to increase does likely mean that some very rich contracts are going to be doled out. If Rantenen and Marner keep on their current pace they are probably both above $10 million per season and if Laine wins a Rocket he is in that figure range as well.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Lmao idc about the cap hit, thats why i said good on dubas for waiting and and getting it down to 6.9. Hes getting 10.2 mill this season if u didnt know? I dont think william cared how he got his money. If he signed this same deal in august it would of been 7.5m aav which is closer too 8 than 6 but you dont care about that eh.

He wouldn't have got that offer in August. The only reason it's 7.5 is because that number doesn't matter, so they could hike up the year 1 number knowing he loses 3-4 million of it, so they got Nylander a big number money in year 1 not caring what that starting number ended up at. Nyl;ander also only gets 6.9 million on average, yes he starts at 7.5 but the huge year 1 salary results in him losing between 3 and 4 million, that drops him below 42 million in pocket down to the 6.9 average. The cap formula were specifically designed so that happens. Learn something new every day eh?

The cap in year 1 is only 10.2 because it has to be like to get it to count properly because it's pro-rated. He's only on the roster for 127/186 of the season. Multiply that by 10.2 and oh look 6.9, the same number as years 2+, as if that's exactly how it designed to work or something. Shocking I tell you.

Any other questions? Still not going to address the gloating which was all I initially commented on? Have a nice day. Unfortunately Nylander signed so you probably won't

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
It didnt need to be hard to get that cap hit? He is now getting 41-42m of the 45m in his contract which is 7,5m*6. Cap hit 6,996 in years 2-6.
Why didnt they just sign a 6,9m*6 years contract in the summer and they would have a slightly lower cap hit and Nylander would get almost the exact same amount of money give or take 100k or something over the whole contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad