Speculation: Nylander, I'm calling you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Another indifferent game from him. Something isn’t right with him since the TDL. Hope he finds his game for the playoffs.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Might be because he lost his countrymen sandin and engvall at the TDL the antonym of kill instinct is a picture of Nylander

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Great. Something wasn’t right with Matthews. Now Nylander. Add Tavares too. Can’t everyone just play to 80% of their potential at least?

This team.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I concur. I think stars today are too pampered. Oooo we have to be careful what we say in the media. stars today are wussies, atleast the ones playing with a leaf uniform
Our media doesn’t help that’s for sure. Seems like most act more like fans and the others are total idiots. Not much in the middle.

Reactions: geo25

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Might be because he lost his countrymen sandin and engvall at the TDL the antonym of kill instinct is a picture of Nylander

I heard that too and if true it’s troubling.

As far as I know Willy was born in Calgary and lived all over North America and summers in Sweden.

Frickin’ Gord Downie is a closer relative to him than Sandin and Engvall.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If he's the antonym.. Then what is Marner?
Nylander has 8 goals and 15 points in the last 14 playoff games (2 series)

Marner has 2 goals and 12 points in the last 14 playoff games (2 series)

Nylander didn't have Tavares vs Montreal either. While Marner has had Matthews throughout both series.

Marner is the Antonym of killer instinct.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I doubt trades had anything to do with it. He's been a pro hockey player for almost a decade, he knows friends on teams in will come and goes.

He's either sick, injured or probably just saving it until the playoffs. The Leafs don't even have to worry about home ice advantage, can be hard to get yourself worked up for.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010

Nylander didn't have Tavares vs Montreal either. While Marner has had Matthews throughout both series.

They both are really. We both win

• Haha
Reactions: Azrael89

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010

Marner and Matthews also face a higher QoC.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I doubt trades had anything to do with it. He's been a pro hockey player for almost a decade, he knows friends on teams in will come and goes.

He's either sick, injured or probably just saving it until the playoffs. The Leafs don't even have to worry about home ice advantage, can be hard to get yourself worked up for.
Why do people think home ice advantage is so important. The leafs had home ice against Tampa last year, Montreal the year before and Columbus before that. Sill lost. Home ice doesn’t mean crap to these guys, losers lose

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Despite playing only his second game on the wrong wing and having to put up with Tavares, he was still one of the better players.

Get him away from JT and he'll be fine.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Why do people think home ice advantage is so important. The leafs had home ice against Tampa last year, Montreal the year before and Columbus before that. Sill lost. Home ice doesn’t mean crap to these guys, losers lose

I don't think it's all that important. but is the only even slightly relevant thing that was left to play for. Otherwise these last few games likely don't matter to the guys in the team at all other than to hope they don't get injured

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Something is up with this guy. I know he's had a pretty good season up to this point, but will the better/new improved Nylander show up for the playoffs?

He better show a pulse real soon...
Welcome to the new version of his dad. You play fr money and privilege not to win.

Reactions: geo25

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Marner and Matthews also face a higher QoC.

Also Nylander is a career better goal scorer than Marner. Marner isn’t a pure goal scorer so obviously his goal scoring numbers will shrink in the playoffs when facing higher quality of competition.

Reactions: mclaren55

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Not too worried about Nylander, he’s been one of our best playoff performers.

The Nylander - Tavares - Marner experiment should be over though. I’d like to see Nylander move up to play with Matthews and Jarnkrok. You have 3 shooters you have to worry about on that line now.

Then you can form an elite offensive but also an elite defensive line as well with Marner and O’Reilly. A line that can go up against Tampa’s top line. You can choose to play JT on the LW or move him down to the third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad