Speculation: Nylander, I'm calling you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Personally I think the recent disappointing play from all of Marner, Matthews, Tavares and Nylander is because of all the line juggling. I'm very perplexed why Keefe is doing this so late in the season. The lines should be 100% set for the last month of the season to have the machine well oiled and fine tuned. Now we're in a position where it would be perfect to rest a bunch of people but he probably can't because everything's out of sync.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Is he slumping or preparing for the World Hockey Championship?
He's about to go 'Lindros mode' on Hungary & Japan

pierce.gif

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Play him on the right wing man, Keefe experiments too much. He started him as our 2C for game 5 vs Columbus and it f***ed us royally, now he's got him on the left wing why ?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Keefe didn't need to try 88-JT-Marner at this point in the season. I have said it more than once, you put one of the team's 2 best playmaker's with your best goal scorer and then figure out the rest.

Jarnkrok-Matthews-88
Bunting-JT-Marner (heavy O-zone starts)
Kerfoot/Knies-ROR-Laff
Kerfoot-ZAR-Kampf-Acciari

Pretty sure it's gonna be hard to knock ZAR out for Knies though but he's a great black ace.

McCabe-Brodie
Rielly-Schenn
Gio-Holl

Holl since TDL has outplayed Liljegren, still a big part of the team and he can easily come in if Holl falters or an injury occurs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He needs to step up in the playoffs (to be fair, he has done so lately) or he should be shipped out just like his pals Sandin and Engvall. Couldn't care less about his production early in the season. It's very easy being a front runner. All of them, better have the playoffs of their lives.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
He has 19 pts in his last 19 playoff games.

I'm more worried about Matthews and Marner having a consistent series as well as if our goaltending can close out a series for once.

Reactions: Menzinger

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Personally I think the recent disappointing play from all of Marner, Matthews, Tavares and Nylander is because of all the line juggling. I'm very perplexed why Keefe is doing this so late in the season. The lines should be 100% set for the last month of the season to have the machine well oiled and fine tuned. Now we're in a position where it would be perfect to rest a bunch of people but he probably can't because everything's out of sync.

Matthews is playing bad? He looks like the most dominate 200-foot player in the league currently.

How do you set lines without all your players? This notion the lines should be set is mind-boggling to me.

All this 11-7 garbage and line shuffling from Keefe has screwed with the team's chemistry and it's not just Nylander it has affected. Hopefully the last few games will do our stars some good and we can enter the playoffs firing on all cylinders.

I seriously hate what Keefe has done with the lineup lately.

Never the players fault, always someone else's.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Matthews is playing bad? He looks like the most dominate 200-foot player in the league currently.

How do you set lines without all your players? This notion the lines should be set is mind-boggling to me.

Never the players fault, always someone else's.
It is always Nylanders fault no one elses(because the others apperently are playing realy good when they suck) .

He should not play with Tavares. They suck together. That might be Nylanders fault, dont matter. The coach must see stuff like that and correct it. Benching and switching lines like a crazy man in a candyshop will not work long time.

He started to suck when he was put on Tavares line. And then not once on Matthews line from there on. Shot totals went down from the first shift with Tavares.

Both might be different in the playoffs but it is a high gamble.

• Wow
Reactions: BHawks77

Jun 27, 2005
Nylander has always been horrible defensively and he obviously won't or can't play left wing.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
He has 19 pts in his last 19 playoff games.

I'm more worried about Matthews and Marner having a consistent series as well as if our goaltending can close out a series for once.
Why would you post something like this?

This is such a subtle form of thread hijacking and deflecting.

Does Nylander suck?

Y/N?

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
Keefe didn't need to try 88-JT-Marner at this point in the season. I have said it more than once, you put one of the team's 2 best playmaker's with your best goal scorer and then figure out the rest.

Jarnkrok-Matthews-88
Bunting-JT-Marner (heavy O-zone starts)
Kerfoot/Knies-ROR-Laff
Kerfoot-ZAR-Kampf-Acciari

Pretty sure it's gonna be hard to knock ZAR out for Knies though but he's a great black ace.

McCabe-Brodie
Rielly-Schenn
Gio-Holl

Holl since TDL has outplayed Liljegren, still a big part of the team and he can easily come in if Holl falters or an injury occurs.
Nylander's not a playmaker and probably behind mathews , Tavares and ror in creativity , passing ability or at best equal. He's a good balanced player but not really a play maker .
Putting him with mathews and marner / ror with Tavares does make sense defensively though to balance out the top 2 lines so Tavares line isn't a black hole.

I'm not really a fan having Nylander and mathews together but maybe with mathews stronger play of late it'll be better now. Previously they just play such different games.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The NHL was supposed to release player metrics for games. These are real time stuff like: skating speed, distance covered, shot speed, etc.

I think they won’t because it would provide objective proof the shifts / games / months that Nylander packs it in.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I'm actually fine with a Marner-Nylander duo, but the caveat is you get one of them to play the center position on the attack and actually have them a little closer together. Tavares is a blackhole of puck distribution so you're basically never going to get that east west link up to work.

If you want to get creative, at least do this:

Matthews-Alone
Marner-Nylander
Tavares-O'Reilly - mid tempo grind game, quarantined away from the high flying skill.

Reactions: glue

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
You need a top line that you can play against Tampa’s top line and contribute offensively and defensively. O’Reilly and Marner is a VERY good start to that. I wouldn’t even mind Kerfoot on the left wing with those two.

Jarnkrok - Matthews - Nylander
Kerfoot - O’Reilly - Marner
Knies/Lafferty - Tavares - Bunting
Aston Reese/Lafferty - Kampf - Acciari

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It is always Nylanders fault no one elses(because the others apperently are playing realy good when they suck) .

He should not play with Tavares. They suck together. That might be Nylanders fault, dont matter. The coach must see stuff like that and correct it. Benching and switching lines like a crazy man in a candyshop will not work long time.

He started to suck when he was put on Tavares line. And then not once on Matthews line from there on. Shot totals went down from the first shift with Tavares.

Both might be different in the playoffs but it is a high gamble.

Nylander and Tavares should never be together. The only reason they are is because they're left over pieces of the Big 4 when Matthews and Marner are together like Kariya and Selanne.

Tavares plays the game like he's in running shoes and Nylander moves like he's on an e-scooter. He's either leaving Tavares in the dust or he has to negate his own strengths to function at that tempo.

Sep 18, 2009
SOme laziness but the games are pointless let us see the real action lithgts a fire up his um

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Why would you post something like this?

This is such a subtle form of thread hijacking and deflecting.

Does Nylander suck?

Y/N?
Lmao how? You are worried about Nylander’s performance lately and if he'll show up for playoffs. I pointed out that his last 3 series has been excellent, so I am not worried. I am more worried about the others I mentioned who have had subpar performances by their standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad