Value of: Nylander Contract

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Chicago is paying $21M for two guys, one of which *only* put up 58 points last year. All three of the Leafs in question surpassed that total as rookies. Makes the extra $4M not look so bad to me ;)

That said, the investment needs to pay off. If the Leafs are going to put the cart before the horse and pay these guys coming out of their ELC's it would be nice to see at least one Cup to show for it at the end of the day. I'm not going to expect Chicago or Pittsburgh levels of success, but I would love to see one, just ONE, and the pain of being a Leafs fan for the past 20 years will subside.

Just making them all feel better. ;)

Mar 26, 2010
Nylander better take whatever he can get as soon as he can. Flitty, soft players who can’t keep their head up never know when it’s gonna be night-night forever.

Wow, this has to be the most hate filed post I have seen in a while on here. So Salty...:popcorn:

Nylander is 10 times better than Horvat or anyone on that bottom dwellling garbage Vancouver team.

Feb 24, 2017
Wow, this has to be the most hate filed post I have seen in a while on here. So Salty...:popcorn:

Nylander is 10 times better than Horvat or anyone on that bottom dwellling garbage Vancouver team.
Obviously Horvat. That idiot Gillis picked him, not me.

Feb 24, 2017
If Eriksson is worth 6m a year to the Canucks , gee I guess Nylander should get about 18m
I am pretty sure that Toronto attempting to sign Nylander to a contract worth $18 million per year would violate the terms of the current collective bargaining agreement. The contracted would get rejected by the league office and not registered.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I am pretty sure that Toronto attempting to sign Nylander to a contract worth $18 million per year would violate the terms of the current collective bargaining agreement. The contracted would get rejected by the league office and not registered.
Yes, I know, one player can't make more than 20% of the cap. Did Benning know when they signed Eriksson the Canucks did not have spend right to the cap?

Feb 24, 2017
Yes, I know, one player can't make more than 20% of the cap. Did Benning know when they signed Eriksson the Canucks did not have spend right to the cap?
The Loui Eriksson contract can be attributed to a little expression you may or may not have heard about yet.

“You only live once”, or simplified, “YOLO”.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The Loui Eriksson contract can be attributed to a little expression you may or may not have heard about yet.

“You only live once”, or simplified, “YOLO”.
You're right (from Ericsson's view). But thinking Canucks fans are dying just a little each year for next five years when they see a 24 point forward (I think I'm correct) is making 6m a year. YODO (You only die often)

Feb 24, 2017
You're right (from Ericsson's view). But thinking Canucks fans are dying just a little each year for next five years when they see a 24 point forward (I think I'm correct) is making 6m a year. YODO (You only die often)
I think you are being a little bit extreme if you believe that Eriksson will settle in around the 25 point mark for the duration of his contract.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
The Canucks should keep him to shelter there kids in the years to come. When the twins go he could be Captain and help the young guys become pros and take some of the burden that is sure to land on Horvat. If he does that he can earn his 6 mil, do the Nucks really care about Cap space for the next few years? He probably has more value to them than to anyone else.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Would love to see a Montreal offer sheet of
9-10 million X 7 on Nylander. His contract value goes up every day.
Do the Leafs match ?? Of course!
That’s the point. Smart management against a competitor.

member 290103

He's a generational talent. I expect a deal comparable to McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad