Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Josh Bailey extends with the Islanders (6 years, $5M AAV)

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
dont worry chris, the guy has proved hes a troll

all ranger players are worth their ontracts and all Islanders are over paid

the fact that Rick Nash has scored exactly 4 more points in 6 years as a ranger, than Bailey has in that time span is lost on him as is the fact that Nash has been paid 25M more than Bailey. only the rangers Would pay 25m for 4 points. and by the time the season is over Im sure Bailey will have outscored Nash entire career as a ranger

and nash played first line minutes and #1 power play the whole time

Or you could have done some research and figured out that the Rangers didn't sign Nash to that deal, he signed it in Columbus before he was traded to the Rangers.

So no, the Rangers wouldn't give him that deal, but Columbus would.

Time to go back to the drawing board.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
No what I did was pointed out that what you're saying is a fallacy and a stupid one at that.

But keep trying on the psychoanalysis, Dr. Phil. Maybe one day, you'll get it right.

Well there's certainly a correlation between McDonagh's success playing in front of Lundqvist. Can't crack the NHL as a Hab, they're comfortable moving him for a past-his-prime overpaid Gomez, but then suddenly he gets an elite goalie and his game is boosted to appearing to be a good defenseman. Can you prove McDonagh can still be successful away from Lundqvist over a consistent stretch?

Again, McDonagh hasn't played like this outside of playing in front of Lundqvist. That's the only reason he's playing the way he is. I have watched him play. He's not doing what he does without playing in front of Lunqvist.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Or you could have done some research and figured out that the Rangers didn't sign Nash to that deal, he signed it in Columbus before he was traded to the Rangers.

So no, the Rangers wouldn't give him that deal, but Columbus would.

Time to go back to the drawing board.

except the rangers traded for him knowing he had that contract $25M 4 points

go back yourself

Reactions: MikeyMike01

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Well there's certainly a correlation between McDonagh's success playing in front of Lundqvist. Can't crack the NHL as a Hab, they're comfortable moving him for a past-his-prime overpaid Gomez, but then suddenly he gets an elite goalie and his game is boosted to appearing to be a good defenseman. Can you prove McDonagh can still be successful away from Lundqvist over a consistent stretch?

McDonagh has been up and down with Lundqvist. He's had 2 40-point seasons.

You're reaching and reaching badly.

Again, McDonagh hasn't played like this outside of playing in front of Lundqvist. That's the only reason he's playing the way he is. I have watched him play. He's not doing what he does without playing in front of Lunqvist.

Copying and pasting my lines and changing it to McDonagh because you're butthurt about me telling the truth about Bailey isn't going to change anything. In fact, it makes you look like a child.

Keep going though, it's funny to see someone reach so far and consistently keep falling flat on his face.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
McDonagh has been up and down with Lundqvist. He's had 2 40-point seasons.

You're reaching and reaching badly.

Copying and pasting my lines and changing it to McDonagh because you're ******** about me telling the truth about Bailey isn't going to change anything. In fact, it makes you look like a child.

Keep going though, it's funny to see someone reach so far and consistently keep falling flat on his face.

I'm hearing a lot of negativity and not a lot of statistics about McDonagh keeping up his level of performance without Lundqvist.

How do you honestly expect me to not go around and talk about how overrated McDonagh is if you don't have hard evidence to prove otherwise?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
maybe if you knew math youd know youre totally clueless

nash as a ranger 252 poits $43M
bailey over the same period 248 points $18M

considering youre saying Bailey is over paid , why did the rangers trade for Nash?

seems pretty obvious Bailey gives you considerably more bang for the buck

Reactions: sebsisles

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Keep missing the point because you're too busy declaring yourself the winner of the argument in every post.
be careful codee, he keeps complaining to moderators every post when he gets proven wrong guess his mommy is busy im done responding to him hes an obvious troll real ranger fans arent that

Last edited:

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

Jesus I only recently started browsing this thread but I see we are already very far down the rabbit hole of insanity. "Can't crack the NHL as a Hab, Gomez, suddenly he's good"...he was a god damn prospect, I see what comparison your trying to make but you don't need to resort to such ridiculousness.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Should've traded him, Tavares, DeHaan for futures. This team isn't going anywhere and I bet Tavares and DH leave anyway, leaving the Isles with nothing but a disaster.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Should've traded him, Tavares, DeHaan for futures. This team isn't going anywhere and I bet Tavares and DH leave anyway, leaving the Isles with nothing but a disaster.
de Haan? You know about his injury or?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If you're trying to tell me that Bailey has been as good as those players without Tavares, you're crazy.

He is a product of Tavares. Just as Parenteau, Moulson and Okposo were. None of them were major players before Tavares and in Moulson and Parenteau's cases, they've been just about irrelevant since leaving JT's side.

Bailey never scored like this before Tavares and would have never put up these numbers without him. That's why Islander fans wanted him gone for years. Now all of a sudden the tables have turned in a familiar situation that every outsider has seen before.
This again is such Pejorative Slured logic.

Bailey puts up more points with Tavares because JT is a top 10 player, because of the ice time and opportunity.

No shit his numbers are better with JT. But he's able to produce highly in those roles, so why wouldn't you pay him? He's not a product of Tavares the same way Okposo, Moulson, Parenteau were. The fact Okposo is in there is hilarious. I can't even get into playing styles, situations etc it's f***ing annoying. Like it's annoying you don't know the difference and just group them together when I've seen the rotation of players that have been on JT's wing for like 8 years and who's brought what.

It's incredibly underrated how much Bailey has helped Tavares opposed to how overrated it is that Tavares has helped Bailey.
Are you serious???

Bailey hasn't scored like this outside of playing with Tavares. That's the only reason he's scoring the way he is. I have watched him play. He's not doing what he does without playing with Tavares.

All of the other players you mentioned didn't need to play with a superstar to have the SEASONS (keyword) that they had. I can't believe you're even attempting to argue this right now.

Zibanejad's AAV isn't $6 million and Kreider's isn't $5 million.

No shit again he hasn't put up the numbers without Tavares. You need to stop using that as a negative. It's a matter of talent and ice time. Bailey puts up 36 points with Rolston and Comeau on the third line, he's put up 60 points with JT and has been rewarded. That's how it works. He also has done the things he has without Tavares, just wasn't consistent and that's why he was a whipping boy for Isles fans. Now he's consistent because Lee and JT are better linemates than he's ever had. He also was a beast with Frans and Okposo but no one cares. That line along with our PP and insane goaltending form Nabby got us in the playoffs in the lockout 2012-13 season. You've watched him play, tell me about that line.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
This again is such ******ed logic.

Bailey puts up more points with Tavares because JT is a top 10 player, because of the ice time and opportunity.

No **** his numbers are better with JT. But he's able to produce highly in those roles, so why wouldn't you pay him? He's not a product of Tavares the same way Okposo, Moulson, Parenteau were. The fact Okposo is in there is hilarious. I can't even get into playing styles, situations etc it's ****ing annoying. Like it's annoying you don't know the difference and just group them together when I've seen the rotation of players that have been on JT's wing for like 8 years and who's brought what.

It's incredibly underrated how much Bailey has helped Tavares opposed to how overrated it is that Tavares has helped Bailey.

No **** again he hasn't put up the numbers without Tavares. You need to stop using that as a negative. It's a matter of talent and ice time. Bailey puts up 36 points with Rolston and Comeau on the third line, he's put up 60 points with JT and has been rewarded. That's how it works. He also has done the things he has without Tavares, just wasn't consistent and that's why he was a whipping boy for Isles fans. Now he's consistent because Lee and JT are better linemates than he's ever had. He also was a beast with Frans and Okposo but no one cares. That line along with our PP and insane goaltending form Nabby got us in the playoffs in the lockout 2012-13 season. You've watched him play, tell me about that line.
see what i mean now Kev, this is what we deal with on the main board, I admit I go over the top, but we get Sh*t on either way and if so im gonna kick some b**ls. Darth would never allow it, I know I aint Darth but I gotta try. I just wish I had his intelligence to do it subtly like he did

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Wow. Unreadable thread. Congrats. Anyhow, wanted to say it’s nice to see a player find himself, emerge, and get rewarded. Isles are putting together an exciting team.

Reactions: dood and Wanderson

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Sweet contract unless his play falls off a cliff. Good job Snow.
I am a big Snow critic, but I like this extension.
I expected some team to offer $6m per on July 1st.

Not only do the isles keep one of their most productive players over the last 2 seasons, but they get him at what I consider to be a team friendly salary.
And Tavares ,who publicly lobbied for linemate Okposo to be extended, can only view this as a positive. Isles opening the checkbook to keep their top players.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Did you notice how Bailey was a mediocre player his whole career under Capuano, gets a new coach, and morphs into an all star?

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Josh Bailey continues to be the Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL. For those that don't watch the Islanders closely, trust me he makes every line he's on better because his defense and puck retrieval allows his linemates to concentrate on producing offense. He's also a good passer. He's got weird chemistry with both Tavares and especially Anders Lee. That line just meshes perfectly for whatever reasons.

So no, he isn't a product of anyone.... but yes, playing on the top line and PP does help his numbers a bit. His game goes beyond his own scoring production and it's something you mostly won't see unless you're looking for it.

Reactions: PWJunior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad