Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] F Bo Horvat signs extension with the Islanders (8 years, $8.5M AAV)

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Lane is very clueless but he does care. I think MacLean is the massive blame for a LOT of poor games, along with Houda. Begging to god he gets canned soon, or the power play realizes that it can be more than just one dimension.
Just a matter of time before the new voice is reunited with the old voice. Brunette shouldn't get to comfy in Honky Tonk

Reactions: Osakahaus

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Wondering if Islander fans would do this trade and signing again?
I wouldn't have done it the second I heard it, Islanders had to re-build last year, they doubled down on an extremely small chance to win a cup over the next 4-5 years and they are probably going to pay for it over the next 10-12 years

I just still don’t know what the Islanders are trying to build and why Horvat decided go stay there.
NYI isn’t close to competing and the longterm view looks just even worse
Lou is 80 and doesn't give a crap, he is not going to re-build, as said the Islanders have an extremely small chance to win a cup over the next few years and Lou is going to take those odds because he doesn't care about this team in about 5 years time

Reactions: DevilDog

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Pretty expensive the moment it was signed. As someone else mentioned, definitely a type of player you want on your side but not one that you build your team around

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I wouldn't have done it the second I heard it, Islanders had to re-build last year, they doubled down on an extremely small chance to win a cup over the next 4-5 years and they are probably going to pay for it over the next 10-12 years

Lou is 80 and doesn't give a crap, he is not going to re-build, as said the Islanders have an extremely small chance to win a cup over the next few years and Lou is going to take those odds because he doesn't care about this team in about 5 years time
I don't think the problem is that he doesn't care. I think the problem is much worse. He truly believes that these guys are good enough as is to get it done

Reactions: Ishkabible

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Lou is too old for a rebuild
After Bo got his new contract didn’t Lou, when asked, say the contract was for too long and too much money? Or something like that? It seems Lou knows he’s not going to be around for the length of that Bo contract anyway.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
After Bo got his new contract didn’t Lou, when asked, say the contract was for too long and too much money? Or something like that? It seems Lou knows he’s not going to be around for the length of that Bo contract anyway.
I gleaned from that interview that Lou was more lamenting what is required to keep up the the Joneses in today's market

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Bo was also asked about how he felt when lou said the contract was too long and horvat agreed.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Bo is a good player but seemed lacking as far as leadership goes so if he isn't forced into that role in NY he should be okay.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Didn't Burkie or someone say recently GMs dont care to give out long term deals because most of them usually dont end up seeing the whole thing thru? I.e., you sign. guy to a 6 year deal, theres a chance it'll be the next GMs problem.

Reactions: Fatass

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Didn't Burkie or someone say recently GMs dont care to give out long term deals because most of them usually dont end up seeing the whole thing thru? I.e., you sign. guy to a 6 year deal, theres a chance it'll be the next GMs problem.
Is that what Burke told Benning? Because Benning isn't smart enough to think that deep when he traded for OEL

• Haha
Reactions: Fatass and Voight

Green

Nov 13, 2019
it was actually an interesting comment, I really wonder if perhaps the owners influenced Lou to make the Horvat trade, at the time it seemed the season was dying as they were out of the playoff picture and the team just wasn't good and to trade more of your depleted future for a chance to get a wild card slot seemed insane, I really wonder if the owners did not want to go with the re-tool/re-build because with the new arena they did not want the attendance to drop they were hoping for some of that playoff revenue

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
it was actually an interesting comment, I really wonder if perhaps the owners influenced Lou to make the Horvat trade, at the time it seemed the season was dying as they were out of the playoff picture and the team just wasn't good and to trade more of your depleted future for a chance to get a wild card slot seemed insane, I really wonder if the owners did not want to go with the re-tool/re-build because with the new arena they did not want the attendance to drop they were hoping for some of that playoff revenue
Was Barzal injured before or after the Horvat trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad