Proposal: NYI/Calgary/Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The issue is calling Greiss "better". It is essentially impossible to know at this time who would be a better starter. Through his very specific set of circumstances, Grubauer has not be given an opportunity to show if he is better or worse as a starter than Greiss. I don't think I've seen a single Caps fan arguing that Grubauer is absolutely a better goalie. Just that there is a very legitimate possibility that he is, based on his play as a backup and recent comps. That isn't to say that he is a lock to be better. There is also a reasonable chance that he can't handle a full workload.

"my goalie might be better though"

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
You'd make a great defense lawyer. Prosecutor presents evidence, testimony, witness accounts, paints a complete picture of the crime and why the defendant deserves to be in prison.

Then you get up and say "my client might be innocent though" and sit down.
Thank you. I think so to.

The second paragraph is close enough that I'll assume you understand the point I was trying to make and are just having a hard time putting it into words.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I would rather have Pickard than Grubauer.

Every goalie can play starter workloads, the question is how good. Greiss couldn't keep up with the workload. Only an idiot gave him that contract and then overused him, nobody played more games than Greiss.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I would rather have Pickard than Grubauer.

Every goalie can play starter workloads, the question is how good. Greiss couldn't keep up with the workload. Only an idiot gave him that contract and then overused him, nobody played more games than Greiss.

See you're kind of wrong. Greiss can handle the workload. Problem was greiss literally didn't have a back up for half the season. Berube was glued to the bench.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
We heard it here first everyone. Remember the day we were all enlightened by this gem.

Backup goalie stats are hereforth "irrelevant" in all aspects, but specifically as they pertain to a goalie's ability to be a future starter.

Starting to feel like you brought a knife to a gunfight Bub.

I mean goalies are known to be unpredictable.... chad Johnson had elite backup numbers, so did Cory Schneider. The point being, they don't tell you anything. Really not too tough of a concept to grasp. Also take into consideration the caps had one or the lower GAA in the NHL

It's hard to argue both sides but from my perspective, why give up a starter for someone who may someday be a starter...? Sounds kinda stupid

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Greiss can handle the workload. Problem was greiss literally didn't have a back up for half the season. Berube was glued to the bench.

Greiss had always a backup in Berube. Halak wasn't far away either. Idiots didn't play the backup and if Berube and Halak were not good enough McElhinney could have been claimed.

Do you get this. The problem is the idiots.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Greiss had always a backup in Berube. Halak wasn't far away either. Idiots didn't play the backup and if Berube and Halak were not good enough McElhinney could have been claimed.

Do you get this. The problem is the idiots.

Oh I completely agree. Sounded like you meant greiss couldn't handle a starters workload which isn't really the case. I'll be the last to argue against snow being an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad