GDT: NXT TakeOver: New Orleans (7th April 2018)

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I could honestly see Black being the guy that eventually dethrones Roman. I dont think he will get to Punk status, but I think it will be similar.
The biggest one that I am worried about on the main roster is Dream. He has probably the highest potential of anybody in NXT but god damn do I worry that 4 months into his call up it will leak that Vince "Doesn't get it."

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'm a self-admitted mark for Black, but I'd argue his feud and match with Dream really made him a star. Well that and the whole Warrior Death Monk thing he's got going on.

oh absolutely. the feud with Dream is up there with my favourite feuds in a long time

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
The biggest one that I am worried about on the main roster is Dream. He has probably the highest potential of anybody in NXT but god damn do I worry that 4 months into his call up it will leak that Vince "Doesn't get it."

Dream is the guy who Vince could either totally love, or totally not get.

fingers crossed.

Reactions: Disclose

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Also a perfect way to end the show, with Gargano triumphing and symbolically holding up a broken crutch and the knee brace

Just, absolutely hats off with that story telling

that whole show was masterful storytelling. its what WWE should be. the main roster cant even lace NXT's boots right now

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Dream is what 23? He'll be in NXT for a bit longer, hopefully by then Vince will be all focused on his Football league and HHH will have more power/control. Thus making more call ups not be buried 3 months into their main roster debut

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Dream is what 23? He'll be in NXT for a bit longer, hopefully by then Vince will be all focused on his Football league and HHH will have more power/control. Thus making more call ups not be buried 3 months into their main roster debut
Yeah that is the good thing. The can hopefully really take there time with him and let him refine the gimmick to a tee. Like at the very least he should be in NXT for another year. I am a massive fan but until he actually gets a push by Vince I will be skeptical.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Gargano/Ciampa - *****
Black/Almas - ****1/2
Tag Team - ****
Sonya/Ember II - ***
NA Ladder Match - *****

Overall - 5/5

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I had the tag team at **** but y'know I gave it an extra 1/4 for that sick ending

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This match proved that developing interest and deep emotion in characters is not dead nor is creating truly special moments, if you have the right booking and the right people to play the parts and understand their strengths and weaknesses both as wrestlers and as characters. You can create real moments and evoke real emotions that aren't superficial for forced.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
This match proved that developing interest and deep emotion in characters is not dead nor is creating truly special moments, if you have the right booking and the right people to play the parts and understand their strengths and weaknesses both as wrestlers and as characters. You can create real moments and evoke real emotions that aren't superficial for forced.

And it was a very slow burn.

They planted the seed as far as the CWC and they used the same sequence for the finish. This time, Johnny hesitated and not Ciampa... except he didn't, he just baited him and took advantage.

Having long-term stories is fun. Took almost 3 years to tell this one and it was more than worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad