GDT: NXT TakeOver: New Orleans (7th April 2018)

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
What an event. Almas and Black put on a damn good match and then Gargano and Ciampa do what they did. I love NJPW, but I'm very interested to see what the know it all Meltzer rates a match as good as this one that didn't take place on a NJPW show

Reactions: ColePens

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
What do you even do with Ciampa and Gargano at this point. It was such a perfect ending, both should be leaving NXT.

Unless....an I Quit Match or something at TakeOver Chicago.... doubt it tho. This was the perfect ending for their feud

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
What do you even do with Ciampa and Gargano at this point. It was such a perfect ending, both should be leaving NXT.

Unless....an I Quit Match or something at TakeOver Chicago.... doubt it tho. This was the perfect ending for their feud

Yeah I think you could send Ciampa to Raw and Johnny to Smackdown. I don’t see how they could top tonight

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Gargano to Smackdown, Ciampa follows to make his life hell.

Not even officially drafted. Ciampa just crashes shows and his psycho ass wants to kill Gargano. Leads to Gargano vs. Ciampa II at the May or June PPV (when is MITB?) and Gargano pleads with the GM to do another match and if Ciampa wins, he gets a spot on Smackdown.

Reactions: ColePens

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Just finished watching it.

My goodness. Just unreal.

The storytelling during the Gargano-Ciampa match was insanely good. Something that'll never ever happen on the main roster.

I don't want to watch Wrestlemania at all anymore. There is no way it even achieves a hundredth of what Takeover did.

Comparing the main event of Takeover and WM is just going to be a sad, sad thing. On one hand, you have one of the GOAT wrestling matches. On the other, you have:

6RusjlV.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t see that as the end at all for either. They should both be going after the title and have to keep stepping over each other to do it.

They did all of this stuff outside the ring with no rules and a bunch of weapons, so it would be the logical thing to do a cage match where they literally don’t have a choice but to keep it in the ring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad