Injury Report: Nurse, get a Nurse for Nurse

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We'll see.
Even a few weeks without him is problematic.

In any event, the team should be fine long term. It's just that thinking about a potential Nurse injury coming into the season was giving me nightmares, that have now come true. The most important player on the team by a longshot considering role and lack of depth at the position.
Should be OK given the schedule both in terms of numbers of games and who we are playing. Treading water till he gets back should be the goal.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
We'll see.
Even a few weeks without him is problematic.

In any event, the team should be fine long term. It's just that thinking about a potential Nurse injury coming into the season was giving me nightmares, that have now come true. The most important player on the team by a longshot considering role and lack of depth at the position.

First Smith and now Nurse.

We've rode out the Smith injury adequately until now but this one is definitely concerning.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
To be fair, the Nurse that has been playing so far this season isn’t nearly as difficult to replace as the Nurse that played last season.

I agree with you in general though.

I don't think he's been that bad.

Fancies are better than last year. Luck down a lot though from last year.

Darnell Nurse - Summary - Natural Stat Trick

He's still a f***ing horse though. 26 minutes a night is no joke.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
First Smith and now Nurse.

We've rode out the Smith injury adequately until now but this one is definitely concerning.

I think Koskinen is more capable of filling Smith's absence than any Dman would be filling Nurse's absence. The drop off from Nurse to Keith is as steep as any drop from any teams' #1D to #2D I'd imagine.

If it's only a few week thing, they'll be fine but I see "Nurse injury" and it's my worst Oiler related nightmare come true even if it's not long term.

Sounds like Broberg was called up based on what I just heard from Rishaug on Nielsen's show. It'll be interesting to see what he brings, I just hope that ease him in.

Last edited:

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

Koekkoek is a defensive chance against machine, people overlook this because MOAR PUKMVRS

This could be a blessing in disguise, we can see how Broberg is doing against NHL competition and the forwards have to play better in our zone to help out, as Nurse ate a lot of tough minutes, and there’s no D on the roster or system that can make that up.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Nurse has made his fair share of mistakes as well, it’s not like he was playing great shutdown defense this season. The question is how many more mistakes Keith/Russell/Broberg will make.
u sure are an optimist

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Guys like Broberg dream of this opportunity. You have to play him with Ceci by the way. Keith-Bouchard is our #1 now.

Keith needs the support more than Bouchard, IMO. I’d go with:

Keith - Ceci
Russell - Barrie
Broberg - Bouchard

and live with some growing pains from the third pair, along with all forwards on deck helping out all three pairs in our zone.

Reactions: Llamamoto

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Ah shit.

so do we see another recall now that it’s been confirmed?

I think we only have 6 D who aren’t injured right now with KK and Nurse both down?

also credit to the guy on here last night who his friend let him know about this right after the game. You called it

Broberg and Lagesson recalled. Oh man.

Reactions: 3IR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad