Injury Report: Nurse, get a Nurse for Nurse

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I almost think he could play if needed (if it was the playoffs) but they intentionally chose this portion of the schedule to give him some time to heal.
Very smart choice by us. I think he's had this injury since before the road trip. You could tell his puck play got bad out of nowhere during the season. I think this was a factor in it

Reactions: oilers'72

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Everyone needs to step up and fill the void.

I also hope people aren't expecting Broberg to step in and be a big part of that cause I feel like it's a set up to failure. Gonna need the entire d-corps to amp it up.
We won't have a #1 D now I bet. Both two pairs will get even amount of minutes and the third will play more.

For the people who have been ripping Nurse off during this season, let's see how the team does without their top D

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
A bunch of fans on here are about to learn a hard lesson on how they didn't realize what they had until they lost it.

I pray it's only a few weeks.
To be fair, the Nurse that has been playing so far this season isn’t nearly as difficult to replace as the Nurse that played last season.

I agree with you in general though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This isn't good. Kind of thinking we don't see him for a month. This is Oilers injuries in which time off is always underestimated. So we get him back around Xmas season in all likelihood. Nurse wasn't himself this season but even with that his minutes will surely be missed. Its always ironic the moment you pay somebody big theres drop off in play, and in ironman status. This hurts a cap strapped team.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Let’s see how much he was holding us together.
I think our record will be worse (obviously) but the rest of the defensive core will be better from the extra playtime and responsibilities. Then Nurse will be better from watching (and recovering).

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yikes, this is a disaster to be quite honest if it's a long term thing.

Nurse is the one player they can't afford to lose. He is BY FAR the most important player on the team despite him not being up to his usual standard this season.
I couldn't even imagine how they'll replace his minutes because the left side depth is incredibly shallow. Broberg ain't it right now and I'd rather not rush him into action.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
A bunch of fans on here are about to learn a hard lesson on how they didn't realize what they had until they lost it.

I pray it's only a few weeks.
Now we get to see what losing 9 million on our defence looks like. I am sure the nay sayers on that contract are going to be having second thoughts on his value. Our defence without him is going to be a shit show IMO.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I think they’re going to end up recalling Lagesson too.
Yes likely more than one D will get an opportunity...most likely at separate times. Seems a bit early for Nemo or Sammy though. Really its a bit early for Broberg too.
Both Broberg and Berglund have some professional experience...Sammy has only had a taste really.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yikes, this is a disaster to be quite honest if it's a long term thing.

Nurse is the one player they can't afford to lose. He is BY FAR the most important player on the team despite him not being up to his usual standard this season.
I couldn't even imagine how they'll replace his minutes because the left side depth is incredibly shallow. Broberg ain't it right now and I'd rather not rush him into action.
It’s not a long term thing.

Reactions: oilers'72

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
To be fair, the Nurse that has been playing so far this season isn’t nearly as difficult to replace as the Nurse that played last season.

I agree with the first sentiment. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect the entire defense group to step up and help fill the hole an off Nurse will leave.

It ain't going to be the end of the world and I'd bet that we win at least half the games without him

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I agree with the first sentiment. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect the entire defense group to step up and help fill the hole an off Nurse will leave.

It ain't going to be the end of the world and I'd bet that we win at least half the games without him
Nurse has made his fair share of mistakes as well, it’s not like he was playing great shutdown defense this season. The question is how many more mistakes Keith/Russell/Broberg will make.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It’s not a long term thing.

Sure, right now, but we know all too well that setbacks tend to happen in recoveries (Klefbom, Holloway, Smith etc.) so it could turn into a longer term thing if it doesn't heal properly.

It's a good thing they built up a little equity with the 12-4 record because Keith playing top pairing minutes is going to be rough, really rough. Even if they spread out the minutes some, somebody is going to be playing well above their capability.

Reactions: Czechboy

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
This isn't good. Kind of thinking we don't see him for a month. This is Oilers injuries in which time off is always underestimated. So we get him back around Xmas season in all likelihood. Nurse wasn't himself this season but even with that his minutes will surely be missed. Its always ironic the moment you pay somebody big theres drop off in play, and in ironman status. This hurts a cap strapped team.
Nurse will be back within 20 days, he is tough as nails and knows he still has a chance at team canada and the olympics. im not saying the oilers arent his priority because im positive they are but the olympic possibility has to be in his mind.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Sure, right now, but we know all too well that setbacks tend to happen in recoveries (Klefbom, Holloway, Smith etc.) so it could turn into a longer term thing if it doesn't heal properly.

It's a good thing they built up a little equity with the 12-4 record because Keith playing top pairing minutes is going to be rough, really rough.
It sounds like something he could probably play through if it was absolutely needed. I don’t think it’s that serious.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

We have a a Dman who can PK, PP and okay 30+ minutes a night? Please direct me towards him

Reactions: MuzzaFuzza and TB12

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It sounds like something he could probably play through if it was absolutely needed. I don’t think it’s that serious.

We'll see.
Even a few weeks without him is problematic.

In any event, the team should be fine long term. It's just that thinking about a potential Nurse injury coming into the season was giving me nightmares, that have now come true. The most important player on the team by a longshot considering role and lack of depth at the position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad