Post-Game Talk: NSH Predators @ CHI Blackhawks - 10/14/2017: "3 In A Row and It's A Streak" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Guys just need to learn from this and get better. Oh well on to the next game. At least they seem to be getting/looking better unlike the first two games they played which I thought was horrible.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
After 2 seasons and going into the third it still amazes me how this team can’t function in the 3on3! Just pathetic! If the league ever goes to that gimmick in the playoffs we’ll never see another series win.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Having a hard time focusing on overtime play when everything on the play that got us there in the first place was completely botched by the refs. Getting real sick of the league being so content with incompetence.

Yup. The inconsistency in calling the penalties is mind boggling. I get that the refs are just human and that it's a fast game so they're bound to miss a lot of stuff, but c'mon.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Just saw the highlights. So disappointed in Forsberg on the OT goal. I don't care if it's a long shift. Get your ass to the front of the net and stop that pass. That pass should never get through as easily as it did.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Pekka was incredible. That was almost playoff Pekka. And our PK looked really good. Everyone was playing well.

All the good they did during regulation was wiped out by the joke of an OT. If we don't get the puck off the opening OT faceoff, we never get possession and it almost always ends within 2 minutes.

However, there never should have even been an overtime. I just don't understand how both refs and both linesmen missed a guy throwing a stick about 10-15 feet. And it directly affected the outcome of the game, it's not acceptable. It wasn't a missed trip or something, this directly prevented Irwin from playing his position. And the stick wasn't just pulled from him and dropped, it was thrown from the circle up and into the glass behind the goalie at least 10-15 feet away! At least when Mats Sundin threw his stick the refs got together and called a penalty.

We got cheated out of a point and a win and they got 2 points and a win they didn't deserve.

Reactions: myFialabot

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Yes to everything sparkle said..^^^^^
Refs and some teams make me crazy, hawks and ducks come to mind.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
It just f***ing sickens me that the refs took that game from us. Such a good game from us all-around even though battling through a shitload of injuries. Chicago didn't deserve to win that one bit but the league wanted them to. Felt like the refs had their mortgage on Chicago's win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad