Confirmed Trade: [NSH/CHI] Ryan Hartman, 2018 5th round for Victor Ejdsell, 2018 1st round, 2018 4th round

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Hartman is talented but I think the entire organization was getting tired of his terrible penalties and inconsistent play. He’ll fit in well in Nashville. Strong down low, physical. Surprised they traded him in division.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
It's more than I would've expected us to pay, but I am not an Ejdsell fan and doubt his chances to come over. I also think Poile see's Hartman as a long term piece in our bottom 6. We just got a 4th for Aberg who we were likely going to waive. I think some will over react, but I am happy with the player addition while not too upset about the price. I expect this was also needed to keep him away from other contenders in the West.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
gotta love how the wpg jets are causing there possible playoff competitors to scramble about trying to strengthen themselves... jets are coming for you nashville!!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Can't see him going anywhere at that price this deadline.

RQ1wd_f-maxage-0.gif

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Who is the player that was involved that isnt Hartman? Any insight from preds fans

A Dynamic Two-Way Center

With 64 points in 60 games in Sweden’s second tier league, Allsvenskan, Ejdsell has proven to be one of the most dynamic offensive players still in Sweden. At 6’5" 220 pounds, Ejdsell is a massive center who plays with the skill of a forward several inches shorter. His quick rise has been a bit of a surprise...

What was impressive of Ejdsell was his 2016-17 season with BIK Karlskoga in Sweden’s second tier. He lit up the Allsvenskan and ended the season as the league’s top scorer: 57 points (25 goals, 32 assists) in 50 games. For someone with his size he displayed a great mix of strength, speed, and skill that made him an overwhelming force to match-up against. He could skate with an extra gear but also dial it back in order to deliver really great passes or find soft spots in a defense for lethal scoring chances off his tape.

Huge player. Only started putting it all together last year, so he's not necessarily a sure thing.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Chicago trades away a 23 year old former 1st round pick who was playing well enough to be a longer term piece for the team.

What exactly is the plan they’re executing?
getting in a first they can flip in a package for shipping Seabrook out?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Chicago trades away a 23 year old former 1st round pick who was playing well enough to be a longer term piece for the team.

What exactly is the plan they’re executing?
Guys been taking terrible penalties with inconsistent play all year. Even last year he scored well but still took TERRIBLE penalties. Behind the play high sticks, etc. think they’re sick of it.

He has more talent than he has shown

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Go read the Ian Cole trade thread and people were shitting on a hawks fan for saying 1st and a prospect... got a 4th too. I love Hartman though so good for Nashville.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
First thoughts are that seems like quite a bit for Hartman. Maybe the Preds see some potential in him, but he was given quite a bit of opportunity in Chicago to succeed (or at least I think he was, maybe a CHI fan could chime in) and didn't do a whole lot with it. Won't write it off as a bad trade for Nashville until we see how he does there, but at first glance it seems like a sizeable overpay.

webdev

Nov 3, 2017
Or there just is quite a lot of more users tuned in..

Nope years ago we would've had 20 trades by now and way more traffic. Sure the sites a little busier but no way its getting hit like it was years ago when deadline day meant something.

New owners, cheaper hosting.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Holy over payment Nashville.

So....trading a late first for a player that was a late first and scored 19 goals as a rookie last season is now an overpayment? Hartman is going to be a great fit in Nashville. Hawks made a puzzling trade. They need D and got none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad