Confirmed Trade: [NSH/CHI] Ryan Hartman, 2018 5th round for Victor Ejdsell, 2018 1st round, 2018 4th round

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
What happened to Edjsell? I thought he might be an interesting part to this trade but he's been a disappointment the 2 games I've seen of him this season his skating looked worse than I remembered.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
1% chance? I'd take my bet with a solid player that can help me win now.

There's literally one or two every draft in the 20-40 slot. Just in 2015 - White, Konecny, Boeser, Beauvillier, Dermott, Aho, Carlo with EK, Samsonov, Roslovic, Juulsen, Larsson having high end potential but not established in the NHL yet.

Replacement level solid players are available in droves for 4th rounders or less.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
the preds are trying to win now and it shores up there depth tremendously. i still like the move from both sides.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
There's literally one or two every draft in the 20-40 slot. Just in 2015 - White, Konecny, Boeser, Beauvillier, Dermott, Aho, Carlo with EK, Samsonov, Roslovic, Juulsen, Larsson having high end potential but not established in the NHL yet.

Replacement level solid players are available in droves for 4th rounders or less.

Half of the guys you name are barely better if even better than Hartman. The point is he was supposed to help them now instead of waiting 5 yrs for magic bean. Contenders do it all the time....it's a decent risk. Believe it or not, Hartman was a successful pick. Now if you are not a contender, I agreed with you, I wouldnt do it.

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017

Boeser and Aho have more than shown they are high end NHL players.

Reactions: Guerzy

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I wonder if in retrospect Nashville would have liked to have kept their 1st rounder and 4th rounder in 2018, got what they could for Ejdsell and pickup Josh Leivo or similar for nothing. Bad trade.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don’t know if Hartman should have gone for a first, but he’s a solid depth player, certainly not terrible or anything.

Hawks took Beaudin with the pick, so they should be feeling pretty good about their side of the trade.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
I wonder if in retrospect Nashville would have liked to have kept their 1st rounder and 4th rounder in 2018, got what they could for Ejdsell and pickup Josh Leivo or similar for nothing. Bad trade.
Not at all he’s played better then expected value of a 1st rounder that late is expected to be still ok with the trade.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
It's a good deal for both sides. Hawks for whatever reason determined he wasn't a fit and got a good return. Beaudin looks like he will be a nice NHL dman. Edjsell has been disappointing this year, but where the hawks are at this year they have nothing but time and patience.
Nashville got a ready made bottom 6 winger who can slide up the lineup. He's physical and goes to places that win you the important games.
Loved watching and miss Hartman on the hawks but it was a good return for him.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's still too early to call a winner in this deal. Hartman's been a decent add for Nashville. He helps with their overall depth, which is an important aspect of a long playoff run. A decent middle 6 guy who can play up or down the lineup and has experience at all three forward positions.

Hawks got a 1st that they turned into yet another solid defensive prospect for the future. They also got Ejdsell, but he's been a disappointment so far this season.

Neither team has much to complain about with the trade so far.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Why are we talking about this trade again? Hartman is the type of player normally found at the bottom of the 1st round and he more valuable to the Predators than someone who won’t be playing for another year or 2. If Beaudin becomes a Norris winning Defenseman then blame Poile. He did not think highly of the 2018 draft as he traded every pick he had for either players or future draft picks. The Predators only used 4 picks and got nothing out of them. The 4th round pick Nashville got from this trade became Spencer Stastney who in 17 games at Notre Dame is putting up a big goose egg in the points column.

Didn’t we get a fifth out of the deal? The hawks for the fourth no?

Also,
We did not “get nothing” from our 4 picks. It is way to early to tell. Sure three of them look bad but Jachym Kondelik is looking very impressive in the mold of a future two way monster sized centre that can skate and stick handle well for his big stature. I am actually quite excited about him and he’s having a really good season as well. But I agree the other three are not doing much of anything.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Didn’t we get a fifth out of the deal? The hawks for the fourth no?

Also,
We did not “get nothing” from our 4 picks. It is way to early to tell. Sure three of them look bad but Jachym Kondelik is looking very impressive in the mold of a future two way monster sized centre that can skate and stick handle well for his big stature. I am actually quite excited about him and he’s having a really good season as well. But I agree the other three are not doing much of anything.
It was a 5th and Statsney was who Poile took with it.
Just color me unimpressed with last year’s draft. It’s to be expected given where the picks were.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
It was a 5th and Statsney was who Poile took with it.
Just color me unimpressed with last year’s draft. It’s to be expected given where the picks were.

Was just confused when you said we got a 4th. I thought it was a 5th.
Yeah it was not the best class but I am definitely excited about Kondelik. I think he definitely makes he NHL as a middle six centre, most likely a third line centre. But the other three are looking bad I agree.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I don’t know if Hartman should have gone for a first, but he’s a solid depth player, certainly not terrible or anything.

Hawks took Beaudin with the pick, so they should be feeling pretty good about their side of the trade.
It's still too early to call a winner in this deal. Hartman's been a decent add for Nashville. He helps with their overall depth, which is an important aspect of a long playoff run. A decent middle 6 guy who can play up or down the lineup and has experience at all three forward positions.

Hawks got a 1st that they turned into yet another solid defensive prospect for the future. They also got Ejdsell, but he's been a disappointment so far this season.

Neither team has much to complain about with the trade so far.
From the fourth round pick the Hawks got Kurashev, who’s been excellent all year and currently is having an excellent WJC showing.

I currently like to trade from a Blackhawks perspective.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
One could speculate endlessly about who else the Preds might have been able to snag instead by trading that 1st in a different deadline deal, or by using it in the draft. In that kind of relative sense, the trade could be anything from terrific to terrible, depending on how things panned out. Instead, they got a solid middle-roster player at an affordable salary who fit a need filling the Hartnell spot in the roster and projects to be part of the team long-term.

Purely in isolation, I'm not disappointed with the trade. Hartman has been a good addition to the team, and I'd be willing to give up that package again for him. (Even if I might at the same time wonder a little bit if we could have spent those futures assets even more profitably.)

No complaints with the deal here. But that said, I do hope we spend our 2019 1st on something a little more exciting.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
1% chance? I'd take my bet with a solid player that can help me win now.

A 1% chance at David Pastrnak is worth more than Ryan Hartman.

You can replace Ryan Hartman very easily. Nashville probably had a player in the AHL who could have roughly replaced what Hartman brings.

15 goals, 8 assists, -5 in 69 games. Healthy scratched in the playoffs. You guys severely underestimate how many players are available that can match or exceed those contributions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad