Post-Game Talk: Now thats a complete effort. Leafs win 4-0

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Saw the first 2 periods.

Missed the 3rd for St pattys day, and as soon as i walk into the bar, i see johnssons goal.
What a night!!

Great play by the leafs.
Dermott, reilly, Marner, Kappy, Nylander looked real good.

Johnsson looks promising, we'll see how he does vs tougher opponents.

Atlantic Top 3 just got into a legit drag race

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
And a goalie at $10m for 7 more seasons! :laugh:
They need to trade him and trade him NOW... Do it, because if he has another year like this one before he went down, that contract's going to be a boat anchor around their necks for YEARS. Not to mention Price is probably the only piece Montreal has that might actually bring back a useful return...

Of course, they won't. Bergevin likely thinks Montreal just needs a few tweaks and to get Price back and they'll be great again...

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
3 wins away from the all time win record.
SyyF2.png

and 10 pts away from the record 103.

Lwch6.png

Last edited:

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Habs sure are in a terrible state right now... Not a single one of their players stood out. They might have less in the system than when Burke took over the Leafs.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Why? Maybe cut down on them a bit, but that's what makes him dangerous is trying those risky passes from time to time. You ever watch Gaudreau or Kane? Do you think they never try making risky plays? It's part of their skillset and they'll never go away, if anything he just needs to get a bit better on when to make those risky plays.

At a minimum. Never want to take away his creativity, He just need to be a bit smarter. Kid has adjusted to the league adjusting to him. He has his confidence. Just can't be overly confident I guess.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
3 wins away from the all time win record.
SyyF2.png

and 10 pts away from the record 103.

Lwch6.png
Comparing to previous years can no longer be done because in previous years to get 2 points you had to win in regulation and there was no point for overtime losses, it's like comparing apples to oranges. They're doing great, but unfortunately with the point system changing comparing cannot be done.

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Habs are a joke of a team. They lost to our AHL team. Anyhow; Habs should trade price for picks. Fire the GM. Hire the best management that isn't French speaking. But we all know that will never happen. 10 more years of losing for them.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Comparing to previous years can no longer be done because in previous years to get 2 points you had to win in regulation and there was no point for overtime losses, it's like comparing apples to oranges. They're doing great, but unfortunately with the point system changing comparing cannot be done.
Yes, best way to compare is probably to subtract SO points. Even then, the OT for some was 5-on-5 I believe, then 4-on-4 in 1999 then 3-on-3 recently. So yeah, pretty different.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They need to trade him and trade him NOW... Do it, because if he has another year like this one before he went down, that contract's going to be a boat anchor around their necks for YEARS. Not to mention Price is probably the only piece Montreal has that might actually bring back a useful return...

Of course, they won't. Bergevin likely thinks Montreal just needs a few tweaks and to get Price back and they'll be great again...

They can’t trade him now. Part of his new contract amends his old contract to have a full No Movement Clause IIRC.

They’re hooped unless Price wants to go somewhere else

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Its not even fun to give my Hab fans friends a hard time, i knew they would miss the playoffs but i didnt think they would be this bad.

Terrible, no NHL talent, no AHL talent, their best player cant stay healthy. He is probably on the downside of his career with a huge contract about to kick in. Horrible GM , horrible coach, horrible scouting system... rabid angry fans.... what a mess.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Habs are really lucky this was only 4-0. The bounces went their way in many cases and they still got scored on four times.

Also, I need to repeat how amazing that Dermott pass was. Superb.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Its not even fun to give my Hab fans friends a hard time, i knew they would miss the playoffs but i didnt think they would be this bad.

Terrible, no NHL talent, no AHL talent, their best player cant stay healthy. He is probably on the downside of his career with a huge contract about to kick in. Horrible GM , horrible coach, horrible scouting system... rabid angry fans.... what a mess.

Well there is one night a year that they can have a good time, every participates and they can visibly rally behind the team....

640D4DDB-8BFA-4FDB-9FCA-4E9325CD00FD.jpeg

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
don't disagree, but i'd like to think that JT's end game is getting his name on the SC perhaps several times just like every kid who ever laced up a pair of skates, it won't happen in Montreal and it's unlikely to happen on the island
A hometown kid obviously seeing something special on the rise here.. you know he's at least thought about coming here. Probably a lot. If he's in for it fir the money we couldn't make it work, but if there's something more to him and he wants not only a chance to win, but end one of the longest droughts in history back at home and essentially become a living legend?

You know he's thought about it.

Reactions: therealkoho

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Giving Pleks some love here. The guy has converted his line into something legit.

Glad we are using Johnsson. Injecting a quality kid almost always picks up a team. If you watch closely, many teams inject a kid from the farm in the PO or just before. The idea I believe is that the adrenaline is infectious and guys try that little bit harder to get them a point etc.

Johnsson has instant chemistry with Nylander, on the personal level it seems.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If the top nine is still going strong when Matty comes back I would roll all four lines evenly until the playoffs:

Plekanec Matthews Kapanen
Marleau Kadri Marner
Hyman Nylander Johnsson
JVR Bozak Brown

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Habs are a joke of a team. They lost to our AHL team. Anyhow; Habs should trade price for picks. Fire the GM. Hire the best management that isn't French speaking. But we all know that will never happen. 10 more years of losing for them.

Yes, wouldn't that be a shame! :naughty:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Rielly already has smashed his career high by 7 points in only 66 games. what a year he's having

He still doesn't get the PP minutes comparable to the D that have a lot of points. He can be a consistent 50 point D...and we have Dermott and Liljegren. Future is bright.

Reactions: IBeL13f

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If the top nine is still going strong when Matty comes back I would roll all four lines evenly until the playoffs:

Plekanec Matthews Kapanen
Marleau Kadri Marner
Hyman Nylander Johnsson
JVR Bozak Brown

Why?

Pleks Matthews Marner
Johnsson Nylander Kapanen
Marleau Kadri Brown
JVR Bozak Hyman

Komarov
Leivo

Probably about as strong as we can line them up. You can also just swap Pleks with Hyman and then put him @ C w/ Bozie on wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad